By Kevin Siembieda
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
- 2 Rifts® Bundles of Holding, ongoing
- A Rifts® Spring Sale, new
- Rifts® for Savage Worlds®: American Armageddon Kickstarter, new
I gave you fair warning April was going to be wild and crazy, and I wasn’t kidding. Palladium’s own Megaverse® Insider offer for the Rifts® Bestiary ended the first week.
It was followed by the spectacular Rifts® Phase World® and Rifts® Essentials Bundles of Holding – going on right now – a great way to get bundles of Rifts® PDF titles on the cheap, help a charity, and escape the cost of shipping physical books. Especially ideal for those of you living outside the United States.
That was followed by Palladium’s release of six new, non-book products. All of which are pretty cool. I love the new coffee mugs and have been wearing my Rifts® baseball cap for every morning walk.
And this week, Pinnacle Entertainment has launched its Rifts® for Savage Worlds®: American Armageddon Kickstarter. It shot off like a rocket, funded in 7 minutes, and as I write this at noon on Thursday, the Kickstarter is at $120,089 and still going strong with 18 days to go! Wow. Congratulations to everyone at Pinnacle behind this Kickstarter and the three new Rifts® for Savage Worlds® sourcebooks. I have read and approved all the art and text, so I can tell you their creative team knocked these books out of the park. Note: Rifts® for Savage Worlds® is created under official license from Palladium Books®, Inc.
The Rifts® Spring Sale starts today and runs through the weekend! With all the excitement over the Rifts® for Savage Worlds® Kickstarter and the Rifts® Bundles of Holding, we thought this is a great time for Palladium to offer a Rifts® Spring Sale of core titles and select World Books and adventure sourcebooks set in North America. It’s also a nice way for Bundle of Holding buyers and Rifts® American Armageddon Kickstarter backers to get Palladium’s more expansive and detailed original books for additional reference and adventure ideas. Limited time sale, now through Tuesday. Read on for details.
2 Rifts® Bundles of Holding – Phase World® AND Rifts® Essentials – available now
With all of the new Rifts® excitement, this may be the perfect time to build your PDF collection via the Rifts® Bundles of Holding.
The bargain-priced Phase World® bundle offers Rifts® Dimension Books for the very first time as a Bundle of Holding. The Rifts® Essentials Bundle of Holding offer is a fan favorite collection of core rule books and select World Books that is back. For those of you living outside the United States this is a great way to get PDFs of books and avoid the shipping cost. Plus, you help a worthy charity.
For each Bundle, you can pay the minimum price to get all the titles in that offer's Starter Collection. HOWEVER, if you pay more than that offer's threshold (average) price, you also get ALL the titles in that offer's Bonus Collection. As always, the sooner you buy in, the better the deal and bigger the savings. So do not delay!
Rifts® American Armageddon Kickstarter – 3 new adventure sourcebooks for Rifts® Savage Worlds®
- Arcana & Mysticism: Explores the Federation of Magic™, Psyscape™, and Techno-Wizard™ enclaves throughout North America, and the dire threats hiding within.
- Blood & Banes: Details the struggle of dark heroes against the alien Xiticix Hivelands™, encroaching Vampire Kingdoms™, mysterious Dinosaur Swamp™, and insanity of Madhaven™.
- Empires of Humanity: Brings to life the wonders of human civilization from the Coalition States™ to the New West™, and uncovers the secrets of the east coast.
- Updated Core Rule Books, plus Game Masters’ screen, dice, bennies, and more.
If you are a fan of Rifts® for Savage Worlds® or just like to collect Rifts® products, you will want to take a look at this Kickstarter from Pinnacle Entertainment.
Rifts® Spring SALE – at Palladium Books – now thru Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition RPG – $33.59 (normally $41.99 – hardcover, 376 pages; core rules and setting) – Cat. No. 800HC
- Rifts® Game Master Guide™ – $20.29 (normally $28.99 – 352 page reference book: Robots, power armor, vehicles, weapons, O.C.C. index, maps and more) – Cat. No. 845
- Rifts® Book of Magic™ – $18.87 (normally $26.95 – 352 page reference book: 700+ spells, plus TW devices, Rune Weapons, Tattoo Magic, herbs, talismans, etc.) – Cat. No. 848
- Rifts® Adventure Guide™ – $17.47 (normally $24.95 – 192 page sourcebook: 150+ adventure ideas, creation tables, gaming tips and more) – Cat. No. 849
- Rifts® Sourcebook One™, Expanded and Updated – $16.09 (normally $22.99 – 160 pages – A.R.C.H.I.E. Three, 20 Robots, robot creation rules, the Republicans, weapons, power armor, equipment, a complete adventure, and monsters) – Cat. No. 801
- Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: Chi-Town ‘Burbs, Forbidden Knowledge – $6.99 (normally $9.99 – Overview of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs, map, stats, rumors) – Cat. No. 853
- Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: Chi-Town ‘Burbs, Firetown & the Tolkeen Crisis™ – $9.07 (normally $12.95 – More about Firetown, maps, adventure hooks, more) – Cat. No. 854
- Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Vanguard™ – $6.97 (normally $9.95 – 8 Vanguard O.C.C.s, their agendas, history and more) – Cat. No. 856
- Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: Merc Adventures™ – $9.07 (normally $12.95 – 7 mercenary O.C.C.s, Combat Mage O.C.C., Combat Magic, merc boot camp, adventure ideas and more) – Cat. No. 867
- Rifts® MercTown™ Sourcebook – $14.67 (normally $20.95 – 160 pages – mapped and described with many shops with weapons and gear, adventure hooks, and more) – Cat. No. 863
- Rifts® Index Volume Two – $8.48 (normally $16.95 – 22 Hook, Line and Sinker adventure prompts, three adventures) – Cat. No. 831
- Rifts® Shemarrian Nation™ Sourcebook – $12.59 (normally $17.99 – 96 pages – 7 Shemarrian warriors, their society and secrets, Archie Three, androids, robots, more) – Cat. No. 878
- Rifts® Machinations™ of Doom Sourcebook & Graphic Novel – $9.48 (normally $18.95 – 128 pages – graphic novel and sourcebook by Ramon Perez) – Cat. No. 871
- Rifts® World Book 10: Juicer Uprising™ – $10.48 (normally $20.95 – 160 pages – Dragon Juicer and 14 other Juicers, special gear, Murder Ball, adventures) – Cat. No. 820
- Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign™ – $17.47 (normally $24.95 – 224 pages – tons of CS gear, power armor, robots, combat vehicles, weapons, police and more, epic) – Cat. No. 821
- Rifts® Sourcebook Four: Coalition Navy™ – $11.87 (normally $16.95 – 128 pages – an in-depth look at the CS Navy, its O.C.C.s, power armor, subs, ships, weapons, troops, monsters) – Cat. No. 828
- Rifts® World Book 12: Psyscape™ – $14.67 (normally $20.95 – 160 pages – Psyscape, 11 Psychic O.C.C.s, 28 abilities, 20 monsters, and more) – Cat. No. 822
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – $18.39 (normally $22.99 – 176 pages – the Lone Star Genetics Complex, Dog Boys and CS mutant animals, hoverclyes, notable heroes and villains, more) – Cat. No. 825
- Rifts® World Book 14: New West™ – $18.89 (normally $26.99 – 224 pages – 17 O.C.C.s, 9 R.C.C.s, 25 monsters, TW guns, robot horses, Sky-Knights and more) – Cat. No. 826
- Rifts® World Book 15: Spirit West™ – $17.47 (normally $24.95 – 208 pages – Native American O.C.C.s, magic, talismans, totems, spirits and gods, robots and power armor) – Cat. No. 827
- Rifts® World Book 16: Federation of Magic™ – $16.09 (normally $22.99 – 160 pages – Alistair Dunscon, City of Brass, Stormspire, 8 magic O.C.C.s, 28 TW weapons, Automatons, and more) – Cat. No. 829
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada™ – $17.47 (normally $24.95 – 224 pages – Key locations, 12 monsters, 8 demons, 4 Headhunter O.C.C.s, Tundra Rangers, cold rules and more) – Cat. No. 835
- Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec™ – $17.47 (normally $24.95 – 192 pages – Overview of region, 6 Glitter Boys, Quebec SAMAS, power armor, cyborgs, military, navy, more) – Cat. No. 837
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™ – $16.09 (normally $22.99 – 160 pages – 9 different Xiticix, the Hives, the Hivelands, Wild Psi-Stalkers, 15 NPCs, adventures, maps) – Cat. No. 838
- Rifts® WB 26: Dinosaur Swamp™ – $14.67 (normally $20.95 – 160 pages – 16 dinosaurs and monsters, man-eating plants, Eco-Wizard, magic weapons, barbarians, more) – Cat. No. 862
- Rifts® WB 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp™ – $14.67 (normally $20.95 – 160 pages – 20 more dinosaurs, spider people, notable locations and people, 101 adventure ideas, Native Americans) – Cat. No. 866
- Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™: Vampire Incursion — $14.67 (normally $20.95 – 160 pages – vampire invasion, mercenary defenders, 11 suits of TW armor, 16 TW weapons, 7 TW vehicles, adventures, more) – Cat. No. 868
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – $14.67 (normally $20.95 – 176 pages – Vampire Hunters, weapons and gear, Reid’s Rangers, Fort Reid, Soulcrafting magic, werebeasts, and more) – Cat. No. 884
- Rifts® World Book 29: Madhaven™ — $12.59 (normally $17.99 – 128 pages – the ruins of New York City, a place of terror and legend, mutants, ghosts, M.D. Bone Weapons, the fabled White Rose and 51 adventure ideas) – Cat. No. 869
- Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America™ — $18.89 (normally $26.99 – 224 pages – 96 D-Bees, all statted, more world info) – Cat. No. 874
- Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One – $18.89 (normally $26.99 – 224 pages – 27 NG giant robots, 70+ weapons, details about Northern Gun and more) – Cat No. 887.
- Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two – $18.87 (normally $26.95 – 256 pages – 30+ power armors, 30+ body armor, 45+ vehicles, more robots, Robodome and more) – Cat. No. 888
- Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™ – $17.47 (normally $24.95 – 224 pages, Hell on Earth, Soulmancy, Hell Pits, Demon Lords, much more) – Cat. No. 876
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – $12.59 (normally $17.99 – More than 160 cybernetic systems – weapons, sensors, implants, etc., 120+ bionic systems – weapons, armor, tools, etc., info about cyborgs and City Rats, Cyber-Snatchers and more) – Cat. No. 850
New from Palladium Books®
In addition to these noteworthy events, the items below are recent releases. And watch for more surprises and fun coming your way this week and in the weeks ahead.
NEW! Rifts® LOGO 16 Ounce Coffee Mug – $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2587 – Available now.
NEW! Rifts® Property of the Coalition States 16 Ounce Coffee Mug – $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2588 – Available now.
NEW! Palladium Fantasy RPG® “Dragon” 16 Ounce Coffee Mug – $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2589 – Available now.
NEW! Rifts® Screen Printed 100% Twill Baseball Cap – Red “Rifts” printed on black cap, adjustable Velcro® closure – $11.99 retail – Cat. No. 2590 – Available now.
NEW! Red Rifts® Logo Embroidered, Soft, Brushed Cotton Baseball Cap – Embroidered Red “Rifts” on black cap, adjustable metal buckle – $21.99 retail – Cat. No. 2591 – looks great, nice fit – Available now.
NEW! White Rifts® Logo Embroidered Cotton Baseball Cap – Embroidered White “Rifts” on navy blue cap, adjustable metal buckle – $21.99 retail – Cat. No. 2592 – looks great, nice fit – Available now.
COMING – Rifts® Bestiary Volume One
COMING – In the Face of Death™, a sourcebook for Dead Reign®
COMING – The Rifter® #83
UPDATE: Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One
This is the first big “Monster Book” reference ever done for Rifts®, and it is epic. Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One collects nearly 100 animals, and offers more than 20 new beasts found across North America. But this is much more than a collection of reprinted creatures pulled from a dozen World Books. Twenty are brand new and as uniquely “Rifts” as you can imagine, and ALL the old creatures are updated, expanded, sometimes redrawn, presented in alphabetical order, and their location shown at a glance on a map for each beast. The first volume will be 224-256 pages. So will Volume Two. Actually, we may need a Volume Three because there are so many monsters and exotic animals in Rifts North America alone, and the detailed and expanded information requires more pages. Most animals should also offer adventure ideas for Game Masters and offer opportunities for players.
Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One is nearing completion. There are only the last couple dozen creatures requiring updating and final writing, the finishing of the maps for each, then layout and printing. As soon as it arrives back from the printer, we ship it to you!
All upcoming Rifts® Bestiary™ books will be great resources for players and G.M.s alike, with creatures that can be used as familiars, pets, riding animals, guard animals, and in some cases, even unlikely allies. Others are slobbering monsters or ravenous predators who include humans and D-Bees among their prey. All will give you plenty of spice to add to your characters and adventures. And each has a map that shows at a glance exactly where to find these beasts.
- Monsters and animals of Rifts North America organized into two (maybe three) big, easy to use sourcebooks.
- Updated descriptions and information for existing monsters.
- Updated and uniform stat blocks.
- New predators, exotic riding animals, beasts of burden, alien horrors, giant insects and more.
- A map for every creature showing where it is found.
- Easily adapted to any Palladium setting; basic S.D.C. stats included for each creature description.
- Fully illustrated, with art by Charles Walton II, Ramon Perez, Siembieda and many others. Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 224-256 pages each volume – $26.99 retail – Cat. No. 896 (Volume One) – in final production. May release.
UPDATE: In the Face of Death™, Garden of the Gods™, Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Psychic Scream™, AND other titles are all coming along
Again, with so much going on — 2 Rifts® Bundles of Holding, the Rifts® Armageddon America Kickstarter from Pinnacle, Palladium’s Rifts® Sale and Easter weekend — we thought that was plenty of news and excitement for this week. Oh and don’t forget about the non-book items like baseball caps, coffee mugs, and Rifts® pens.
As always, just because a book is not specifically listed in every Weekly Update, it does not mean it is discontinued or in limbo, it means there are more immediate things to talk about or there’s no substantive news to report. We are anxious to put as many of the books you’ve been waiting for into your hands as possible over the next 18 months. That includes The Rifter® #83 and #84, Rifts® Chaos Earth® Psychic Scream™, Chaos Earth® First Responders™, Rifts® Antarctica, Rifts® The Disavowed™, Rifts® CS Arsenal™, Living Nowhere™, Garden of the Gods, Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks, more Fantasy sourcebooks and more. So if a book you are waiting for is not mentioned in an Update, it means there is nothing new to report, but it should still be in the pipeline and news for it will be coming in the weeks or months ahead. Right now, we are focused on releases for the next six months, which by our count is 6-7 titles. And many of them are in various stages of production or development.
UPDATE DriveThruRPG.com – See the 2 Rifts® Bundles of Holding – Rifts® Phase World®/Dimension Books and Rifts® Essentials for great PDFs at bargain prices and while you are at it, check out the Rifts® for Savage Worlds® Kickstarter
Otherwise, we continue to work on a number of new PDF releases for DriveThru, including the three Rifts® Novels, The Rifter® #80, more Paper Minis, a few free things, and maybe a few surprises, so keep your eyes peeled.
Recent PDF additions include The Rifter® #79: gaming through history, the Kingdom of Rifts® New Oslo, a Rifts® short story, the Heroes Unlimited™ Stage Magician, tips on running a campaign, and more. The Rifter® #78 with the Modern Necromancer for use with Nightbane® and other settings, the City of Khemennu Part 2 for Palladium Fantasy®, the Nexus Zone for Rifts®, the aftermath of I Am Legion for Splicers® and more. Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™, the Coalition's response to the escalating Minion War™ crisis, uniting D-Bees, mages and heroes of every stripe to stand against this Demon Plague. CS psychics and Psi-Battalion, CS Demon Hunter, new CS power armor, cyborgs, gear, special training and more. Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Three: Zombies, Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Two: Civilians and Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume One: Survivors. There are also paper miniatures for Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and Rifts®. A new, up-to-date, PDF Palladium Books Catalog. Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook with 60 new Common Talents, 38 new Elite Talents, 18 new Morphus Tables, all other Morphus Tables collected and more. Systems Failure™ RPG, a 160 page RPG that deals with alien invasion and a post-apocalypse setting that is fun and dynamic. Civilization is on the verge of collapse when the so-called "bugs" invade and turn humans into zombie-like slaves. Monsters, heroes and fun. A complete RPG and setting. Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two: 256 pages of technology and fun. 30+ power armors, 30+ body armors, 15 combat vehicles, 45 vehicles (hovercycles, etc.), 10 robot haulers, the Robodome and more. Bizantium and the Northern Islands™: the northernmost part of the Known World, the Cold Born, Necromancy ships made from dead sea serpents, 15 creatures, Random Sea Monster Generator, and more. Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. This fan favorite might be thought of as the big book of giant robots – an in-depth look at Northern Gun, 70+ weapons, 27 robots, NG O.C.C.s, key people and places, and much more. Mysteries of Magic™ Book One: The Heart of Magic™ with Wizards, their Apprentices, nearly 60 new magic spells and remember, magic and monsters in the Fantasy RPG are easily adapted to Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, HU2 and other settings. Wolfen Empire™ Fantasy sourcebook, the Great Northern Wilderness and Killer Winters, 12 Wolfen Tribes, Wolfen military and society, 15+ creatures, 5 full adventures, 101 adventure ideas, random encounter tables, notable people, places, plus FREE Sneak Previews of The Rifter® #80, The Rifter® #81, The Rifter® #82, and more on DriveThruRPG.com.