Palladium Books® Weekly Update – May 26, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
I’m so frustrated I don’t even know what to write. I talked about this a bit in a recent Murmur.
Things have been going great at Palladium Books, we’ve been flying so high we regularly orbit the moon. The Creators Conference was a success, excitement is palpable, ideas are flying, new books in the pipeline are fantastic, distributor sales have bumped up a bit, I am hot writing, we launched the new Palladium website and people are raving about it. Best of all, online sales had been strong and climbing the few weeks before the website launched.
Then the floor dropped out from under us. Online sales plummeted as soon as the new Palladium website went live, and sales have stayed at rock bottom for going on two weeks now. That’s bad. Very, very bad. To add to our concerns, it seems to me that Memorial Day weekend sales are usually low because folks are out enjoying the long weekend. Gah.
Mystery Problem. I know part of the sales problem is a lack of new products, which are coming, but this drop is way too much to be that alone. We have never experienced anything so sudden or so severe, or which has lasted this long. Not ever. It has to have something to do with the our beautiful new website. But what?! Sales were very good just prior to going live, the new Online Store looks fantastic and is easy to use, many descriptions and images have been updated. So what the heck?
It’s so frustrating. It is times like these when I feel like the old saying, “The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.” We listen to our fans. We try to do what people (and we) want. We bust our collective behinds to make the new website happen, people love what they see, we love it too, and then boom: One problem with the website after another. So far, none of them have been major or unexpected, except for the severe downturn in online sales. That’s been brutal and we are very worried. We need to fix that problem and fast.
A work in progress. The guys have found and fixed a number of technical problems with the website (broken links, search engine issues, etc.), as well as improved other aspects of the store and site. We are still working out the bugs and making upgrades so you may continue to experience some technical difficulties from time to time. Please be patient with us. The guys are doing their best to get the new Palladium website up and running smoothly on a permanent basis. We want you to have a great web experience when you visit Palladium Books online.
If you are having problems placing orders, using the store, or navigating the website, PLEASE let us know. We need your feedback to find and fix any problems and make improvements. Thank you.
You can also help by posting links to the Palladium Books website, or better yet, link to the Palladium store specifically, and even links to specific products (like core books, new releases, etc.) on your own websites, Facebook pages, and other websites that allow such things. SERIOUSLY, this would help. Thanks again. We always appreciate the help you give us.
Weekend Super-Sale – 5 Days Only!
We need to help people find Palladium’s new website and buy product to get online sales back where they belong. To make that happen, I’ve come up with a Memorial Day Sale with prices on select items that will knock your socks off! Since it’s Palladium’s 30th Anniversary, we mostly bundled items in groups of three.
The savings are mind blowing. Like what? How about the “Hardcover” Robotech® Shadow Chronicles RPG ($30.95 retail) for only $15.95, or three Rifts® prints ($26.00 value) for only $10.00, or $20 worth of Rifts® miniatures for $7.00. Sale runs from today through Memorial Day Weekend. Ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
See the full description of the Memorial Day Sale later in this Weekly Update. And PLEASE spread the word about the sale, the new website and pick up those new and back in print books you've been meaning to buy.
Everything else has been going really well
As I wrote in my Murmur, I have been pumped up. So are the Palladium crew and freelancers. The new books in the pipeline are nothing short of awesome. Manuscripts look good and ideas for new books are flowing. Likewise, the artwork for upcoming books is looking fantastic. Wait till you see the covers for Rifts® Lemuria, The Rifter® #55 and Megaverse® in Flames! Wow. The interior art is looking great too.
Fan input has been awesome: We've been getting a ton of great suggestions, ideas and comments about books like Vampire Kingdoms™, future products, the website, etc. Things are looking so good on so many levels it's not even funny. And I'm writing like a demon. So the online sales drop is weird and frustrating.
UPDATE: Rifts® Book of Magic. The book arrived from the printer on Tuesday, it looks great and shipped to those of you who pre-ordered on Wednesday, and to distributors today. It’s available now, so place those orders, darn it. This is an incredible reference book.
The following Rifts® titles are also recently back in print and ready to ship:
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- Rifts® Black Vault™
- Rifts® Mercenaries™
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook
- Rifts® Baseball Caps
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms is awesome. I know this may sound silly, but even I’m impressed with the rewrite I’ve been doing. The fan boy inside me is constantly giggling with joy and saying “awesome.” By the time I’m done with it, Vampire Kingdoms™ will practically be an entirely new book.
I think EVERYTHING you expect to be in the book is there, only with much more detail, clarification and grittiness. People will see that vampires are one of the greatest threats on the planet. Do not think for a minute that I’ve softened vampires in any way. If anything, they are more scary and dangerous than ever. After every hunk of text I hand to Alex for editing, he comes into my office and says, “Wow, Kev, this stuff is excellent. I mean it, you’re writing is really on and this is scary stuff. I can hardly wait to see more.” Cool, because I have really felt “on” with the writing. It has been pouring out of me so fast, I can barely type fast enough to get it down. I think you’ll love the expanded and rewritten old and new material.
What’s new in Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™? I am so glad you asked. I think I’ll end up rewriting every word, or at least 80% of it. There is more background and info about vampires, what they are, how they function, their many powers, why they kill, how they kill, how they fight, vampire strategies and tactics, their hierarchy, and their kingdoms. There is the new Deluded Vampire and Vampire Hunter O.C.C. I can’t believe I did not have a Vampire Hunter O.C.C. in the original book. I’ve been incorporating many of the things you guys and gals have been suggesting or asking about, too, so thank you for your valuable input. That means desert travel and survival rules, travel through Mexico, a typical village, the Vampire Kingdoms, Archie, the Republicans and more! Even the descriptions of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez have been cleaned up, tweaked, and updated to 109 P.A.
On a personal level, I’m a much improved writer, which means I often cringe at the original text as I make it better. Wow, was the original Vampire Kingdoms™ book poorly organized. That’s all fixed now. I guess I can’t be too hard on myself, I mean it was Rifts® World Book “One,” but yikes. Of course, it was packed with so many ideas, characters, and adventuring material that I can see how it sold something like 120,000 copies despite its weaknesses. The new version will be much better. I just wish the writing was going even faster, because I want Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ out yesterday. Rifts® Lemuria too. Gosh, is that going be a great book.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ Sneak Preview on DriveThruRPG.com. No promises, but I’ll try to have a Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ sneak preview available, free, on DriveThruRPG.com by the end of next week.
Don’t forget, DriveThruRPG offers more than 90 out of print titles (and a few that are not) as PDF downloads. It is a good resource for getting The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983). We're planning on adding The Rifter® #0, the Hades Map package and a few other things to the available products list in the next month or two. We've got some other ideas as well, so keep your eyes peeled.
Palladium Presence at A-Kon – June 10-12, Dallas, Texas. Reminder to fans in the Dallas-Houston area that Megaversal Ambassador Kenneth Haun is running Palladium gaming events at A-Kon. Join the fun. Sorry, none of us can make the event.
Palladium to attend Gen Con Indy – August 4-7. I mention this every week because we want to make sure everyone knows and swings by our booth. Spread the word. Even though there are no “official” Palladium gaming events there are always a bunch of “unofficial” games. Please stop by the Palladium booth to chat and get autographs, pick up new books and back stock titles, and have some fun. Palladium people you’ll get to meet include:
- Kevin Siembieda
- Wayne Smith
- Nick Bradshaw (artist)
- Michael Mumah (artist)
- Brandon Aten (writer)
- Matthew Clements (writer; tentative)
- And others to be announced.
UPDATE: Palladium’s Facebook numbers continue to climb. We are rapidly closing in on 3,000 people who like the page. I’ve been trying to continue to make an appearance and post things every day or two. Alex has been leaking information about the Vampire Kingdoms™ as he edits more material. Check it out.
UPDATE: Online sales this week. Stunk, as per above. Working to fix the problem even as you read this. Check out our Memorial Day Sale.
QueenofGhouls.com – Kathy Simmons continues to whip up new ghoulish creations. She has another mad doctor and nurse in the works and I think she’s doing a zombie pirate too.
UPDATE: Alex and his house. Work on Alex’s house has been delayed because of I don’t know how many days of rain and flooding.
Behind the Scenes: As noted, issues with the new Palladium website are playing havoc with our online sales. This has been most of the guys’ primary focus all week. It is critical we correct website issues and get sales back to where they belong. When I haven’t been involved with this, I’ve been writing like a demon to get Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ and Rifts® Lemuria to the printer. I’ve spent most of my time writing and it is going well. Wayne has been working on the next issue of The Rifter®, writers are writing, artists are arting, and I know there are a bunch of secret projects moving forward. More next time after we’ve solved the online sales dilemma. I’m concerned, but trying hard to stay positive. You can help by spreading the word about the website and the Memorial Day Sale, and by sending positive vibes our way. ;)
I’ll be working through most of the weekend on Vampire Kingdoms™, but I hope you have a sunny, wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend! And keep those imaginations burning bright.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
Memorial Day Weekend Super-Sale – 5 Days Only!
Spread the word! Palladium’s Memorial Day Sale – five days only – offers seven sale specials at prices that will make you do handstands like a drunk Crazy. Since 2011 is Palladium’s 30th Anniversary, most items are bundled in groups of three. The savings are mind blowing. This sale is a great way to add to your collection or buy great gifts for birthdays, graduation and other occasions.
Please spread the word about this 5-Day Sale and Palladium’s new website. And don’t forget to pick up those new books and back in print titles you've been meaning to buy. Game on!
Memorial Day 3 Print Set Special
You get three quality art prints and collectibles.
- Rifts® Art Print by Mike Mumah, color, signed by Mumah and Siembieda.
- Rifts® Throne Room Print by John Zeleznik, color, unsigned.
- Heroes of the Megaverse® Print by Freddie Williams II, black and white, signed and numbered by Kevin Siembieda.
- $10.00 is your special price. Available for FIVE DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
- $26.00 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Bonus Gift: Plus the first 15 people to order will get a special surprise bonus print.
- Cat. No. MEM1.
Memorial Day Robotech® Hardcover Special
For the next five days only, you can buy the gorgeous 224 page, 8½ x 11 inch, HARDCOVER edition of Robotech® Shadow Chronicles® RPG for less than you’ll pay for the manga-sized edition.
- The complete Robotech® RPG hardcover core rule book.
- Play Veritech Fighter Pilots, Battloid Aces, Cyclone Riders and more.
- Battle the Invid and Haydonites to save the Earth.
- Quick Character Creation Tables enable you to roll up your character in 15 minutes.
- Alpha Fighters, Beta Fighters, Cyclones, Invid and more.
- $15.95 is your special price for FIVE DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
- $30.95 is the normal retail for this book.
- Cat. No. MEM2.
Memorial Day Fantasy® Special
You get three sourcebooks that make a fine addition to any Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game® campaign.
- Land of the Damned One: Chaos Lands™, 192 pages, $24.95 retail.
- The Palladium Book of Weapons and Armor™, 48 pages, $8.95 retail, offers stats and illustrations of more than 600 real life melee weapons and 35 suits of armor.
- The Palladium Book of Weapons and Castles™, 48 pages, $8.95 retail, offers stats for a range of bows and arrows, crossbows, siege weapons, and 15 real world castles complete with basic floor plans.
- $20.95 is your special price for ALL three items! Available for FIVE DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
- $42.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM3.
Memorial Day Mutants Special
You get three sourcebooks suitable for use with Heroes Unlimited™ and After the Bomb®, and are easy to adapt to Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane® and other settings.
- Road Hogs™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail, 20 mutant animals, vehicle combat and souped up vehicle creation rules.
- Mutants Down Under™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail, nearly 30 mutant animals, plus Dream Time Magic, animal psionics, airships, and adventures set in post-apocalyptic Australia.
- Mutants in Avalon™, 80 pages, $16.95 retail, nearly 20 mutant animals, plus mutant insects, druids, magic, King Arthur and adventure set in post-apocalyptic England.
- $10.00 is your special price for ALL three items! Available for FIVE DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
- $36.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM4.
Memorial Day Rifts® Miniatures Special
You get three sets of Rifts® miniatures including a Coalition Sky Cycle, three cyborgs and a Simvan riding an Ostrasaurus. Ideal for any gaming, painting or display.
- Pack #8006: Rifts® Cyborgs™, three different cyborgs, 25 mm metal miniatures, $6.00 retail. Construction required.
- Pack #8007: Rifts® Simvan and Ostrasaurus™, rider and monster, 25 mm metal miniatures, $6.00 retail. Construction required.
- Pack #8010: Rifts® Coalition Soldier Riding a Sky Cycle™, one figure riding the vehicle; 25 mm metal miniatures, $8.00 retail. Construction required.
- $7.00 is your special price for ALL three items! Available for FIVE DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
- $20.00 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM5.
Memorial Day Rifts® Special
You get three sourcebooks that are fan favorites and offer plenty of new weapons, gear, characters and ideas for any Rifts® campaign.
- Rifts® Juicer Uprising™, 160 pages, $20.95 retail, different types of Juicers, info on Juicers, weapons, gear, Fort El Dorado, adventures and more. Many consider this a core rule book.
- Rifts® Naruni Wave Two™, 96 pages, $16.95 retail, and page after page of Naruni weapons, power armor, robots and vehicles.
- Rifts® Machinations of Doom™, 128 pages, $18.95 retail, and presents new Coalition schemes, genetic monsters to destroy magic users, characters, adventure ideas and a Rifts® comic by fan fave artist, Ramon Perez.
- $28.50 is your special price for ALL three items! Available for FIVE DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
- $56.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM6.
Memorial Day Rifts® “Reader” Special
You get three books to read – two novels and the Rifts® Anthology book, all of which are a fun read and will give you ideas for your Rifts® campaigns.
- Rifts® Novel One: Sonic Boom™, 406 pages, $9.95 retail.
- Rifts® Novel Two: Deception’s Web™, 409 pages, $9.95 retail.
- Rifts® Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs™, 128 pages, $12.95 retail, with 13 short stories by Siembieda, Gleba, Campbell and other fan fave writers.
- $12.95 is your special price for ALL three items! Available for FIVE DAYS ONLY. Offer ends Tuesday morning, May 31, 2011.
- $32.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM7.
Rifts® Book of Magic
– Back in Print – Available Now
This is the ultimate guide to magic on Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference. This is a great reference book. Kevin and all of us at Palladium use it and the Rifts® Game Master Guide constantly.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848. Available now!
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated – ships June 17
Kevin Siembieda is rewriting, reorganizing, updating and expanding one of the most popular Rifts® World Books ever published: Vampire Kingdoms™. It will include rewrites throughout, much new material, some new artwork, and an expanded page count. The book will be updated and expanded in a more dramatic fashion that what Kevin did with Rifts® Sourcebook One a few years ago. Best of all, it will be quickly followed by the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™.
- The Vampire Hunter O.C.C.
- Techno-Wizard vampire slaying weapons and devices (new and old).
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- The Vampire Kingdoms expanded.
- Travel through the Vampire Kingdoms and surrounding areas.
- Desert survival rules and guidelines.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- The observations of Doc Reid.
- Key locations including Juarez and El Paso.
- The mystery of the Yucatan Peninsula, and adventure ideas galore.
- Updated and revised to 110 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist.
- New artwork by Mike Wilson, Kent Burles, Mike Mumah and Nick Bradshaw. Plus the best of the art from the original printing.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 192 to 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Ships June 17.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
All new source material
Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms.
Written by Kevin Siembieda and a handpicked selection of other writers, this sourcebook explores the vampires of Mexico and their kingdoms in ways you never imagined. Tons of new data, adventure ideas and revelations.
- Vampire protectors and guardians.
- Vampire rogues, mercenaries and warlords.
- Vampire operations away from the Kingdoms.
- Vampire incursions along the southern borderlands.
- New vampire hunters and human strongholds.
- Vampire hunter “exterminators.”
- Frightful revelations, secrets, and adventure ideas.
- And much, much more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Mark Dudley.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. June or July release.
NEW! The Rifter® #55
– Ships July 8
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #55:
Is under construction. Wayne Smith is busy selecting material for this issue even as you read this.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® source material.
- Rifts® source material.
- Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy source material.
- News and coming attractions.
- And more.
- Cover by R.C. Aradio featuring Juicers. It's a beauty.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 155. July 8 release.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more. Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater, indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. July 2011.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
This Robotech® sourcebook will be a Summer 2011 release.
- Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
- Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
- Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
- A “manga” size sourcebook.
- 192-256 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count and price may be subject to change. July 2011 release (tentative).
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, 'nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell's Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies' Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. August 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™
– Available Now
The book is sitting in our warehouse waiting for your orders. It is packed with great ideas, great art, unique, new alien races available as player characters, weird creatures and monsters, secrets of the Gene-Tech, weapons of the Dominators, ancient ruins, colony creation rules, adventure galore and much, much more.
The Scramble is the mad dash to claim and colonize the thousands of worlds of the Thundercloud Galaxy. Colonists flock to the Thundercloud filled with dreams. Space Pirates and an array of cutthroats also flock to the galaxy, guns in hand, ready to rob and fleece the colonists. Lawmen and heroes are in great demand, and the opportunities for clever adventurers are said to be without limit. As the civilizations of the Anvil and Corkscrew Galaxies scramble to colonize the Thundercloud, they are beginning to realize the galaxy holds more riches, beauty, horrors and secrets than anyone has ever imagined, making it a place of discovery, adventure and treachery like no other.
Thundercloud Galaxy™ is a perfect companion to the rest of the Phase World®/Three Galaxies™ based Dimension Books as well as the Minion War™ series. Players can be pirates, raiders, brigands or hired guns, or they may be explorers, adventurers, Spacers, or any number of heroes trying to protect the colonists or the indigenous peoples of countless worlds and colonies. The possibilities are truly limited only by your imagination.
- 17 new alien R.C.C.s plus the Elder Races, Dominators and more.
- 9 notable monsters and strange creatures, plus minions.
- Learn about the mysterious Elder Races, complete with stats.
- Dominator weapons, gear and salvage available to players.
- Gene-Tech and their chemical enhancements, gear and salvage available to players.
- Monster Creation Tables.
- Colony Creation Tables.
- Indigenous People Tables.
- 101 Ruin Adventures.
- Notable spacecraft, weapons, power armor and gear.
- Discover the Exiles, Splugorth Bio-Wizard Doctors, Denlech, Trensik Mercenaries and other mysterious people.
- An overview of the Thundercloud Galaxy, bits of history, new insights and many avenues of adventure.
- Any type of space opera and science fiction scenario you can imagine can be played out in the Thundercloud Galaxy.
- Written by Braden Campbell and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Art by Michael Mumah.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 883. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Available now.
for Heroes Unlimited™ and the Minion War™ – Available now
Armageddon Unlimited™ is the ultimate good vs evil setting and adventure. The fate of the world hangs in the balance and only you can stop its destruction as demons and Deevils fight for control of the Earth and bringing about the end of life as we know it.
Armageddon Unlimited™ is more than an epic world-saving adventure, it is also a sourcebook jam-packed with new powers, magic, weapons and Power Categories that can be incorporated into any Heroes Unlimited™ campaign. This book can be used as a standalone adventure sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™ or as a pivotal plot in an expansive Minion War™ campaign. Get a free sneak preview of the book from DriveThruRPG.com.
- 7 new Minor and 14 Major Super Abilities.
- Deevil and Demon magical Chaos Weapons.
- Enchanted Weapons of Order and a few Enchanted Objects.
- Demon Hunter Power Category and abilities.
- Crusader of Light Power Category and abilities.
- Heroic Hellion Power Category – play a “reformed demon.”
- Hellion monster creation table.
- Magically Bestowed Variant Power Categories and abilities let you wield weapons that empower good and destroy evil.
- Doctor Vilde, the mastermind behind the Armageddon plot.
- The secret island base of Doctor Vilde and 16 maps.
- More than a dozen NPC villains.
- The Church of Unity and its role in bringing about Armageddon.
- The Chaos Generators – the key to stopping Armageddon.
- A menagerie of evil villains, people and places.
- The Armageddon scenario, adventure ideas and Minion War™ on Earth.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 527. Available now.
“Rifts® Logo” Baseball Cap – Back in Print
Back by popular demand. A black Rifts® Logo on a khaki baseball cap with black trim. Looks great and fans love it! Makes a great gift.
- Cotton cloth fabric, khaki color with black trim and black Rifts logo.
- Cloth Velcro strap for size adjustment. A nice cap.
- $14.95 per cap – Cat. No. 2544 – Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads fromDriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
2011 Palladium Releases
2011 New Releases & Back in Print
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – Available now!
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now!
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions™ – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Baseball Cap – Back in stock – Available now
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – Back in print – Available now
May 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Book of Magic – BACK IN PRINT
June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® WB One: Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New (end of June; tentative)
July 2011 Releases
August 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
New Releases Coming Soon (tentative)
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders (as soon as we can slot it in)
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlmited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
Check out the new creations by Palladium's very own Kathy Simmons. See her new zombie, Jack Skellington and Sally, with more new creations on the drawing board. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seem almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy's also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch's brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.