Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Aug. 24, 2017
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
By Kevin Siembieda
Gen Con was a blast. As you know, we were working like demons all the way up to the day before we left for Gen Con. So maybe it was exhaustion, adrenaline or years of experience – or perhaps all of the above – but Gen Con seemed to go very smoothly and with an omnipresent air of positivity and energy that I don’t remember in past years. It just felt good. Every day. We met with old friends and long-time fans, made new acquaintances and friends, signed a zillion books, and chatted with fans from Brazil, France, England and around the world. The majority of this Update will reference Gen Con even when it comes to game product and new releases.
A funny thing happened on the way to Gen Con
We stopped at a McDonald’s to grab some lunch. We sat by the windows talking and watching people as they came and went. A particular group of guys stepped out of a car and I said to Wayne and Chuck, “Those guys look like gamers. I wonder if they’re heading to Gen Con?”
A few minutes later, a tall gentleman from that group, wearing a Fallout T-shirt, walked over to our table to ask if we were going to Gen Con. I was wearing my Rifts® Promise of Power T-shirt with the big, red and white Rifts® logo, so I imagine it caught his eye. I know Chuck was also wearing a Palladium T-shirt (Rifts® Cyber-Knight Game Master). We said yes, and we all enjoyed a good laugh about it. The man, whose name was Tim, asked me if we worked for Palladium Books. We laughed and said, “yes.” Tim then asked if we were booth help or actually worked at the company. I smiled and said, “I am Palladium Books.” “You mean like ...” “Yep, I’m Kevin Siembieda, the owner and main game designer,” and introduced Chuck and Wayne. Tim was surprised. We shook hands and laughed some more. We wished him a safe trip and fun time at Gen Con, and invited him to stop by the Palladium Books booth.
I’m happy to say, Tim did drop by the booth, bought a few books, and had us sign them. It was a very pleasant and fun way to start our trip, and seemed to set the tone for the entire weekend.
UPDATE: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – Sold out at Gen Con
Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ was the hot item for Palladium at Gen Con. We brought around 120 copies and they SOLD OUT by Saturday afternoon. Everyone wanted this hotly anticipated book and we could not keep it on the shelf. Some people even bought two copies. On Sunday, with 20 minutes left before Gen Con closed, we found one copy that had fallen and slid under the table. I put it out on the shelf and it sold in under three minutes! Crazy.
It was awesome to see so much excitement about this title. Then again, I am not surprised. As I have said, Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ is one of those truly epic sourcebooks with ideas on every page and packed with all kinds of useful and fun information about True Atlanteans, Tattoo Magic, Stone Pyramids, Crystal Magic, Shadow Magic, Atlantean clans, the Sunaj, new Atlantean O.C.C.s, old O.C.C.s revisited, the Shadow Dimension and its monstrous inhabitants, and more. And there are many secrets revealed. Please take a look at the free preview on DriveThruRPG.com for more details and a few choice glimpses of what you can expect.
Please Note: Based on furious Gen Con sales and our own online sales, I suspect Rifts® Atlanteans may blow out of game stores just as fast. If you cannot find the book in the stores because they keep selling out, please remember it is available directly from Palladium Books. 224 pages, $24.95 retail.
Oh, and if you don’t already own them, we highly recommend you pick up Rifts® World Book One: Atlantis, World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market™, and Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder (also written by Carl Gleba). All are fun and useful companions to Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™.
UPDATE: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ “Gold Edition” Limited Hardcover – Ships August 31 and may sell out fast
I suspect the signed and numbered, limited Gold Edition Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ hardcoverM may sell out in a few months. It is limited to only 300 signed and numbered copies, and sold on a first come, first served basis. Remember, Palladium’s Gold Editions have a history of increasing in value as time goes by, and with Christmas coming, I think this Gold Edition may be a hot commodity in the months ahead. If you are planning on getting one, I’d suggest getting it sooner rather than later. Only available from Palladium Books.
Important Note: Those of you who have already placed pre-orders have been charged and your number already assigned to you, so do NOT reorder. Multiple orders WILL result in you getting billed for and shipped multiple copies – NO REFUND. If you are worried about your pre-order, please call the Palladium office to inquire. Do not place a new order unless you want more than one copy.
We anticipate Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ “Gold Edition” hardcover will ship around August 31 or the beginning of September. It takes longer to have a hardcover made.
UPDATE: Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook – Ships August 31
Try as we might, we could not get Nightbane® Dark Designs™ done in time to have copies of the book available at Gen Con, but it did get finished and sent to the printer before we left. In fact, I approved the cover via digital images sent to my smartphone as we were driving down to Indiana! They looked great and were approved. We expect to receive the printed book by the end of next week, around August 31st, but we’re still waiting for confirmation from the printer. I will see if Wayne can get a FREE Sneak Preview for it posted to DriveThru this weekend. See the full description of Dark Designs™ elsewhere in this Update.
Gamers at Gen Con could not wait for this book. The four photocopies we brought (signed by the author, Mark Oberle and Palladium staff, plus a nice color print of the book, suitable for framing), blew off the shelf in the first couple hours of Gen Con Thursday morning. Likewise, the dozen copies of Dark Designs™ Raw Preview Edition (still available in Palladium’s online store) also sold out by Friday morning. Most people asked to have them autographed by the author and the available Palladium crew. We also sold several dozen prints of the dynamic Dark Designs cover by Charles Walton and Eduardo Dominguez Sr.
FYI: For those of you who might want the collectible Dark Designs™ Raw Preview Edition (limited to only 150 copies printed), we have around 20 copies left and it is interesting to compare the original manuscript with the finished book and see what was changed or added.
Rifts® Tumblers – Sold Out at Gen Con – Only a few of the other logo tumblers remain in stock
Rifts® was hot at Gen Con. The dozen Rifts® vacuum tumblers we took to Gen Con sold out, but the following are available in Palladium’s online store while supplies last. They hold 30 ounces, have sealable lids, do not sweat, and look great. $29.99 each.
Other titles that sold out at Gen Con
We also sold out of the Dead Reign® Hell Followed sourcebook, Rifts® Northern Gun Two, Rifts® Lemuria, Triax 2, Rifts® New West, Vampire Kingdoms, and Rifts® Black Market.
We sold a lot of Robotech® and RRT products, and almost sold out (as in came home with just one or two copies) of Robotech® Expeditionary Force Marines, Rifts® Northern Gun One, Rifts® Spirit West, Rifts® Canada, Coalition War Campaign, Rifts® Merc Ops, The Rifter® #71-72, and a number of other titles. I was very happy to see people discovering the Robotech®: The Masters Saga Sourcebook and its wealth of new information, stats, power armor, Battloids, and weapons for the Army of the Southern Cross. A huge portion of which have never been published before this book. We sold a ton of this book, and we brought plenty.
UPDATE: Rifts® Sovietski™
We had a lot of people at Gen Con ask if Rifts® Sovietski™ would be a fall release, and the answer is yes. Cover art by John Zeleznik. I need to assign out the remaining interior artwork. Written by Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr. A new Rifts® World Book and a great companion to Triax & the NGR, Triax 2, Mindwerks™ and the two Rifts® Russia World Books, but suitable for other uses and adventures.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ was getting some love at Gen Con with two tournament games run by Dan Rains (and with prizes and award certificates), a few large scale games run by Thomas Roache and Peter Pidrak, as well as demos at the Palladium booth all weekend.
Wayne and I met with reps from five different manufacturers while at Gen Con and had good conversations with all of them. I also spoke with a few retailers and fans, all of whom offered some excellent suggestions and ideas for the future of RRT. We heard a lot of positive feedback and words of support for RRT. People are, of course, anxious for RRT Wave Two and more of everything RRT, as are we.
Robotech® books and many RRT products were on sale with the Gen Con Coupon Book, and we sold a lot of the core box and Robotech® RPG books.
UPDATE: 2018 Palladium Open House – April 19-22, 2018
– Game at the Palladium Books warehouse with the people who create the games you enjoy
We will have the full POH description up by this weekend, but tickets are available now! Here are a few details and highlights:
- VIP Thursday – April 19, 2018 (special): 3:00 PM doors open and you get first crack at limited editions, original art, new products, specialty items, and meet Palladium staff and creators – 6:00 PM dinner – 7:00 PM Opening Ceremonies – 8:00 PM the evening’s games begin. Cost of VIP night is $95 (dinner included). Limited to about 100-120 people. Note: VIP Thursday always sells out fast, so we offer around 60% of the tickets now, and the remainder at the end of January, 2018. Cost: $95 (Thursday only).
- Weekend Pass: $55 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- Friday (only): $30
- Saturday (only): $30
- Sunday (only): $12
- Come play at the very site where the magic happens.
- Three days of gaming (4 for those attending VIP night), plus panel talks and more.
- Many run by the writers and artists who create them!
- Saturday Auction (original art, out of print items and oddities).
- Largest gathering of Palladium creators anywhere! Artists, writers, Defilers and more.
- Held at the Palladium warehouse and office where your favorite games are made. Westland, Michigan.
- Typically 20+ Palladium creators will be present to chat and sign books.
- Get original artwork, character sketches, books and more.
Two Hotels: 1. Red Roof Inn, $49.95 plus tax per night. It is only 3 miles away (near where the old hotel was). Make sure you tell them you want the Palladium Books Open House Block and request two beds if that’s what you need. Located in Livonia.
2. Hampton Inns and Suites, $119.00 per night plus tax for double Queen beds – or – $129 per night for one King-size bed and a pull out sofa (you should probably confirm that). Only 2 miles away. MAKE SURE you ask for the Palladium Books special rates and request two beds if that’s what you need. Both hotels have a limited number of rooms with two twin beds. Located in Canton.
Hotels and Palladium warehouse are 15-20 minutes from Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Romulus, Michigan, near I-275.
Complete POH details will be posted in the Palladium online store no later than Saturday.
2018 Palladium Open House (POH) was well received at Gen Con. We printed up a basic flyer and tried to tell as many people as we could about the Palladium Open House. Many were very excited to learn about the Open House and said they would attend. Yes, most people do not know about the POH, which is why we need you to help spread the word! We met fans from Las Vegas, Georgia, Illinois/Chicago area, Indiana, Ohio and even Colorado and California who had NEVER heard of it, but all swore they were coming to the 2018 POH now that they know about it. Heck, I ran into Eduardo from Brazil (he’s been to several POH) and he said he was coming to the one in 2018. Very exciting.
The Palladium Fantasy RPG® Bundle of Holding – another success
I want to thank everyone who participated in the Palladium Fantasy RPG® and Rifts® Bundles of Holding. I hope you enjoy the books and the two worlds they represent. More PDFs are available on DriveThruRPG.
Gateway: Strategicon 2017 – September 1-4, 2017 – Hilton Los Angeles Airport
1. Rifts®/Savage Rifts® - New Strawn: Kansas Shuffle is the name of the game event. Prepare yourself for a rail-gun shredding, mega-powered, magic flinging journey into a post-post-apocalyptic world where supernatural horrors vie with technological empires for mastery of the world. All pre-generated characters, so no player made characters. This is listed as a role play tournament. Meaning at the end of the game everyone will vote on who did the best in character role-play (not roll-play) for the session. Run by Megaversal Ambassador and Game Master Cameron Cleveland.
Number of Players: Up to 8 players.
Player Level: Beginner. Tabletop RPG Med Tourney.
Date & Time: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 8:00 PM.
Duration: 4 hours.
For More Information: https://convention-rifts-rpg.obsidianportal.com/
2. Rifts®/Savage Rifts® - Mexican Cargo Run: To Steal a Battleship: Part Two is the name of the game event. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Post Apocalypse. Pre-approved player made characters are welcome. The adventure involves a cargo convoy on a run to Mexico. The player characters will be split into two teams for a strike mission and a convoy mission. Two G.M.s will be running this event. Note: Music and sound board provided to create a gaming sound track! This is a role play tournament. Players will vote the best role-play (not roll-play). Run by Megaversal Ambassador and Game Master Cameron Cleveland with a second G.M.
Number of Players: Up to 16.
Player Level: Beginner. Tabletop RPG Med Tourney.
Date & Time: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 2:00 PM.
Duration: 8 hours.
For More Information: https://convention-rifts-rpg.obsidianportal.com/
3. Rifts®/Savage Rifts® - Mexican Cargo Run: To Steal a Battleship: Part Two is the name of the game event. This game is the same as above, repeated on another day. Riotous adventure with the party split into two teams for a strike mission and a convoy mission. Two G.M.s will be running this event. Note: Music and sound board provided to create a gaming sound track! Run by Megaversal Ambassador and Game Master Cameron Cleveland with a second G.M.
Number of Players: Up to 16.
Player Level: Beginner. Tabletop RPG Med Tourney.
Date & Time: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 2:00 PM.
Duration: 8 hours.
For More Information: https://convention-rifts-rpg.obsidianportal.com/
New on DriveThruRPG.com – Nightbane® Dark Designs™ FREE Sneak Preview as well as Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ Sneak Preview, plus 50+ Rifts® titles, 1980s Robotech®, and much more
Wayne should have the FREE Nightbane® Dark Designs™ Sneak Preview posted by Friday evening (if not sooner). Also take a look at the Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ Sneak Preview and all the other previews and free and low cost items we make available. Enjoy.
Rifts Dimension Book 1: Wormwood™ is now available as a PDF. This book is dark, gritty, scary and a blast to play. It is based on the ideas and artistry of comic book greats, Timothy Truman and Flint Henry. Ninjas & Superspies™ RPG and the Mystic China™ sourcebook for it are alao available now. And do not miss the FREE Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ Sneak Preview. Check ‘em out and place your order.
Robotech sourcebook PDFs include: The original Robotech® RPG (1986), RDF Manual™ (1987), Zentraedi Sourcebook™ (1987), Southern Cross™ (1987), Robotech® Invid Invasion™ (1988), Robotech® ATP (1988), Robotech® Ghost Ship™ (1988), Lancer’s Rockers™ (1989), Return of the Masters™ (1989), Robotech® Zentraedi Breakout™ (1994), Robotech® New World Order™ (1995), and Robotech® Strike Force™ (1995), all available now.
Over 200 Palladium titles are currently available. Such titles as Rifts® Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs (short stories by 13 writers), Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Book of Magic, Rifts® Adventure Guide, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation™, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Coalition Navy™, Rifts® Black Market (one of my faves), Rifts® Mercenary Adventures™, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™, Merc Ops™, The Rifter® #1-72, the FREE Hell Followed™ Preview, and so much more, are all available now in PDF. You can also get ALL Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game cards, Robotech® and Rifts® Paper Miniatures along with Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax Two, Rifts® World Books 1-30 and many other Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane® and other game line titles. New Robotech® RPG Tactics™ material will be made available in the weeks ahead. All of it adds to the growing list of Rifts®, Robotech® and other Palladium RPG game titles available as PDF books, cards and support. A new title should be added every week or two, so keep watching for them.
PDF titles include the Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Book of Magic, Rifts® Adventure Guide, Rifts® Sourcebook One Revised, Rifts® Sourcebook Two: The Mechanoids®, Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™, Rifts® Sourcebook Four: Coalition Navy™, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation, Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax 2, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™ and Merc Ops™, Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 29: Madhaven™, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, World Book 25: Rifts® China Two, and World Book 24: Rifts® China One, among many, many others. There are also previews of Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity™, The Rifter® #73, Northern Gun 1 & 2, Lemuria, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms, Bizantium and many other Palladium titles. Check back every week to see which new PDFs of Rifts® World Books and other titles have been added!
In addition to the titles listed above, The Minion War™ series of books, the Rifts® Coalition Wars®/Tolkeen series, Chaos Earth® Resurrection, all of the Dead Reign® (Zombie Apocalypse) titles, Splicers® RPG and most issues of The Rifter® are available NOW! So are first edition rules of the Heroes Unlimited™ RPG and sourcebooks, Palladium Fantasy RPG® and sourcebooks, The Mechanoids®, and much more, available on DriveThruRPG.com.
Available right now:
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Book of Magic, Rifts® Adventure Guide, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation Sourcebook, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Sourcebook Four: Coalition Navy™, Rifts® Sourcebook 3: Mindwerks™, Rifts® Sourcebook Two: The Mechanoids®, Rifts® Sourcebook One Revised, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™, Merc Ops™ and Mercenary Adventures™, Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax 2, Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 29: Madhaven™, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp™, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 25: China Two, Rifts® World Book 24: China One, Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion, Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec, Rifts® World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market, Rifts® World Book 20: Canada, Rifts® World Book 19: Australia, Rifts® World Book 18: Mystic Russia, Rifts® World Book 17: Warlords of Russia, Rifts® World Book 16: Federation of Magic, Rifts® World Book 15: Spirit West, Rifts® World Book 14: New West™, Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™, Rifts® World Book 12: Psyscape™, Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign™, Rifts® World Book 10: Juicer Uprising™, and Rifts® World Book 9: South America 2 along with World Books #1-8 and various other Rifts® titles.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™, Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ and Creatures of Chaos™ are all available now.
- Two free Chaos Earth® Resurrection previews and many other previews.
- Rifts® Coalition Wars®: Siege on Tolkeen series – all six titles.
- Rifts® The Minion War™ series – six current books – consisting of Dimension Book 10: Hades, Dimension Book 11: Dyval, Dimension Book 12: Dimensional Outbreak, HU2 adventure sourcebook: Armageddon Unlimited™, Heroes of the Megaverse®, and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames available now! Suitable for ALL settings, including Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™ and The Palladium Fantasy RPG®.
- Dead Reign® RPG titles. The Zombie Apocalypse is yours to role-play with the Dead Reign® RPG. The core rule book and all sourcebooks are available now.
- The Rifter® issues #1-72.
- Classic Robotech® RPG titles, including the original Robotech® RPG, RDF Manual, Zentraedi Sourcebook, Southern Cross, Ghost Ship, Robotech® ATP, Invid Invasion, Return of the Masters, Lancer’s Rockers, Zentraedi Breakout, and Strike Force.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ paper game pieces, force organization tables, stat cards, rules and special items – with more coming soon!
- FREE 12 highly-detailed, comprehensive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ assembly instructions for all the Wave One mecha – available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides are available now.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- 160+ Palladium titles, plus G.M. kits, and more.
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Practitioners of Magic (new) – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Extras (new) – $2.99
- And more to come in the weeks ahead.
Palladium Collectibles, art, toys and more in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles eBay Store
Alex and I continue to add a lot of vintage Star Wars toys and a growing number of all kinds of collectibles – and we’ll be adding more Palladium Books original art and items to the store, so keep an eye out for them.
This includes one-of-a-kind original artwork, prints, Rifts® and Robotech® artwork by Kevin Long, me and others. There is also a range of limited editions, rare book titles and limited edition hardcovers, toys and more that are all being added to my online store over the next several weeks, so keep an eye out. Alex and I will keep adding items as our busy schedules allow, but we have a lot of fun collectibles available now and coming soon. Items include original art, out of print titles, redlined proofreader photocopies signed by me and the staff, signed manuscripts with editors’ corrections, some original art, hardcover books (including Rifts® Lemuria, Northern Gun™ One, Northern Gun™ Two, Megaverse® in Flames™, Beyond the Supernatural™ Gold, Rifts® Machinations of Doom™ Gold and Rifts® Ultimate Gold) and other items available. There are also hundreds of toys and action figures, all from my personal archives and collection. Take a look every weekend for new items added.
To our Fans and Friends from around the world who made Gen Con special ...
Thank you. It was great meeting newcomers like Tim, Bill, Sam and many, many others. Seems like we met a lot of fans for the first time. A few of you even said the main reason you came was to meet me and other Palladium creators. Nice. I hope we did not disappoint.
Of course, it is always a delight seeing old friends and long time fans who we see at most every Gen Con. We enjoyed chatting with all of you and were happy to sign a zillion books.
I was blown away to see James Wallis all the way from England. James contributed to several books in the 1990s, most notably, Mutants in Orbit and Mutants in Avalon. I have not seen James in 12 or 15 years, so there were plenty of hugs and laughter. It was also a nice surprise to see Sean Patrick Fannon, the chief architect behind Savage Rifts®. We chatted, but I was too busy to hang with him. Among our many friends that we saw were such notable characters as Larry Elmore, Mike Stackpole, David Kenzer, Jason Masherah, Robert Dubois, James Brown, Diane and Connor, Dennis Hughes, Bryan Layton, Eduardo from Brazil, Dirk Vandereyken, “Jake” Jakubowski and his lovely wife, Peter Pidrak, Matt Lemke, Jodi Black, and many others.
Of course, it is always wonderful to hang all weekend and wind down in the evenings with the Palladium crew of helpers and freelancers, including Wayne, Chuck, Brandon and Sarah Aten (and 6 week old Emma), Mark Oberle, Madman Mike Leonard, NMI, Thomas Roache, Glen Evans, Mike Silva, and a new member of the team, Dan Rains, who ran the RRT tournaments, demos, and helped in other ways. Special thanks to Jesse for helping setting up the booth, Kyle who was a big help setting up and tearing down, and to the many hard working, unsung heroes behind Gen Con. This Gen Con felt extra-special for some reason. Thank you, one and all.
Sadly, I never found the time to explore the Gen Con Art Show, always a high-point for me, and inevitably there are many other old pals there. I didn’t get a chance to hang with Shane Hensley of Pinnacle, either. Gen Con is just so huge and busy these days. I always try to be available for the fans who have come from far and near.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
New! Nightbane® Dark Designs™ – Ships August 31
Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is a guide to creating the Nightbane and a sourcebook for players and Game Masters alike. It presents all sorts of new Nightbane creation tables, new Morphus tables, new Talents, and new information. Info and powers that enable players to make memorable Nightbane characters and G.M.s to take their games up a notch.
- 18 new and comprehensive Morphus Tables.
- 60 new Common Talents.
- 38 new Elite Talents.
- Transformation Transition Table.
- Talent creation and conversion rules.
- Ancient Nightbane R.C.C. fully statted out and creation tables.
- Insight to the Becoming.
- Answers to some common questions & more.
- Appendix of 23 Morphus Tables gathered from the Nightbane® RPG and Sourcebooks.
- Appendix of 53 Talents gathered from the Nightbane® RPG and Sourcebooks.
- Written by Mark Oberle. Cover by Charles Walton II and Eduardo Dominguez.
- $20.95 – 160 pages – Cat. No. 736 – Ships August 31. At the printer.
NEW! Secrets of the Atlanteans™ “Gold” Edition Hardcover – August
The source material in Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ is so awesome and the Atlanteans and Sunaj are so iconic, Palladium is making a limited edition, signed and numbered collector’s hardcover. Contains the same source material as the softcover edition. Signed by the Palladium staff.
- Black faux leather hardcover with metallic gold imprint.
- Signed by the Palladium staff.
- Numbered 1-300 and sold on a first come, first served basis. The number you receive is based on the order in which orders are received.
- Pre-orders for the Gold Edition MUST be placed separately, not with other books. Your credit card will be charged when you place the order, including shipping, but this item will not ship until sometime in August. (It takes longer to get a hardcover printed and bound than the softcover.)
- All the same great material that is in the softcover. 60+ new Magic Tattoos. 60+ Shadow Magic spells. 30+ new Crystal Magic spells and the Crystal Mage O.C.C., the Stone Master, revisited, Sunaj Shadow Mage and Shadow Assassin O.C.C.s, and more.
- $50.00 retail – 224 pages – written by Carl Gleba – Cat. No. 890HC – August 31, 2017 release.
Rifts® Dimension Book 15: Secrets of the Atlanteans™ - Available now!
True Atlanteans are among the most mysterious and storied heroes across the Megaverse®. Forced to flee Earth more than 15,000 ago when Atlantis was lost, they have traveled the cosmos in search of new wonders and knowledge, and to wage war against supernatural evil. Masters of dimensional travel and the fabled Tattoo Magic, True Atlanteans have become renowned as vampire slayers and heroic Champions of Light. But there is also a festering darkness from within the Atlantean clans. A darkness that could destroy them all.
Learn about Atlantean civilization, the many clans, where they are found across the Megaverse, why they hide, and why they hate the undead so much. Also discover the power of Shadow Magic, the treachery of the Sunaj Illuminati, and much more.
- 60+ Magic Tattoos.
- 60+ Shadow Magic spells.
- 50+ Crystal Magic spells and the Crystal Mage O.C.C.
- Stone Pyramids described and mapped.
- Stone Master and Undead Slayer, revisited.
- Sunaj Shadow Mage and Shadow Assassin O.C.C.s.
- The dark history, shame, and secrets of True Atlanteans.
- Learn more about the famous Atlantean Tattooed Warriors, Undead Slayers, Stone Masters and other Atlantean heroes.
- Tremble at the terrible secrets of the Aerihman and their plans for inter-dimensional domination.
- Dark secrets of the sinister Sunaj secret society.
- Who are the Sunaj and why do they hunt True Atlanteans?
- Valuable source material and adventure ideas galore.
- $24.95 retail – 224 pages – Cat. No. 890 – written by Carl Gleba. Now shipping!
NEW! Rifts® Living Nowhere™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook set in the Pecos Empire
This title presents three interrelated towns off the beaten path in the Pecos Empire. Each with its own unique character and problems. All fun locations to visit and find adventure and trouble. Something dark and deadly is brewing in the middle of Nowhere, where experimental Techno-Wizard devices and weapons offer prosperity, but could be the doom of everyone living there. Big ideas. Building upon material that appeared in The Rifter®, expanded.
- Three towns described.
- New Techno-Wizard weapons and devices.
- Experimental Techno-Wizard items that call upon entropy and death.
- Dark magic, madness and deadly secrets spawn dangerous adventures.
- Many adventure ideas, Non-Player Characters, and fun.
- Written by Brett Caron. Additional text and ideas Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 895. In final production.
New! The Rifter® #78
Another issue of source material for four or more Palladium game settings, most of which can be adapted to any game world. This issue has a nice hunk of material about the supernatural, such as the Modern Necromancer by Greg Diaczyk, a Beyond the Supernatural™ monster by Kevin Siembieda, City of Khemennu: Part Two (Palladium Fantasy) which is a city of gods and churches by Ian Herbert, plus G.M. advice and the Splicers® Legion Aftermath. Shaping up to be another great issue. Final articles to be selected. Artwork is being assigned.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready-to-go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and usually 2-3 other Palladium game lines. The focus of this issue is Rifts®, Splicers® and RPG advice. Don’t forget, unofficial material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #78 Highlights:
- A Tomes Grotesque™ Monster for Beyond the Supernatural™, “official” source material – by Kevin Siembieda.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Part Two of a city adventure setting and source material by Ian Herbert.
- Splicers® – The Aftermath of I am Legion, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. Ideas and source material on where to go from here, possible adventure hooks and more.
- G.M. advice by Julius Rosenstein.
- Other – source material for other RPG settings.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 178. In production.
NEW! Nightbane® Dark Designs sourcebook – Raw Preview Limited Edition – Only 150 copies available
Back from the printer. Available now.
The Raw Preview Edition of Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is an advance copy of the unedited, unillustrated, final working manuscript for this exciting new sourcebook. A rare look at the raw manuscript before publication. Limited to a total of 150 copies, sold on a first come, first served basis.
Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is a guide to creating the Nightbane®, and a sourcebook for players and Game Masters alike. It presents all sorts of new Nightbane creation tables, new Morphus tables, new Talents, and new information. Info and powers that enable players to make memorable Nightbane characters and for G.M.s to take their games up a notch.
- Limited collector’s edition – only 150 total copies made!
- Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
- A rare glimpse at the virgin manuscript and a work in progress.
- 18 New and comprehensive Morphus Tables.
- 60 New Talents.
- 40 New Elite Talents.
- Transformation Transition Table.
- Talent creation and conversion steps.
- The Ancient Nightbane R.C.C. fully statted out.
- Insight to the Becoming.
- Answers to some common questions and more.
- Written by Mark Oberle.
- $20.00 – 96 page Raw Edition – Cat. No. 736-RAW – Available now, while supplies last!
The Rifter® #77 – available now
Adventure, madness, strange creatures and strange lands fill this issue of The Rifter®. This issue is a playground for heroes and a source of adventure, but beware the danger that lurks in the shadows.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the source material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #77 Highlights:
- Rifts® – City of Nowhere – an adventure setting – by Brett Caron. Capitalism, magic and dark secrets build an enchanted city with a dark underbelly that may not hold.
- Heroes Unlimited™ “official” source material – by Kevin Siembieda. The mad genius of Doctor Feral breeds new mutant menaces, heroes and adventure. Four new super abilities.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – the city of Khemennu adventure setting by Ian Herbert. A holy city dedicated the Church of Light and Dark, and resting place of the legendary Sun Disc. A place of intrigue, magic and adventure.
- Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Six – by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. This is it! The final battle against Legion! The Legion personality and her Black Shroud armor statted and described. Secrets and dangers revealed about the Factory Walker and more. Even in victory, the world may never be the same.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Cover by Michael Leonard. Art by Walton, Rodriguez, and others.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 177. Available NOW.
NEW! Garden of the Gods™ – A Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook
This has been a secret project of Kevin Siembieda’s that he has been plotting and writing in what little spare time he has. The Garden of the Gods is said to be a holy place watched over and even frequented by the avatars of the gods. According to legend, the god may visit heroes and followers in dreams or in person by an avatar of the god, to be given guidance, inspiration, heroic quests, and gifts of knowledge and magic. More details about this title will follow.
- The Garden of the Gods described in detail.
- Godly insight and visitations.
- Gifts of magic and knowledge.
- Sanctuary and more.
- The Black Pit, a place of evil and dark secrets. Is it a counterbalance to the good of the Garden, or a trick of the Old Ones?
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 475. Fall release.
NEW! Rifts® CS Arsenal™ – A Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
This title is hotly anticipated and ties directly into Rifts® Heroes of Humanity and Rifts® WB 35: Megaverse® in Flames. All of which are setting up something big.
Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™ CS Arsenal provides an array of new Coalition hardware: weapons, armor, additional SAMAS, other power armor, robots, combat vehicles, gear and info.
- New CS weapons and gear.
- New CS SAMAS and power armor.
- New CS robots and combat vehicles.
- More secrets and information about the Coalition States.
- Wild adventure opportunities, fun and more.
- Part of the Minion War™ “Crossover” series.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Clements, Gleba and others.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 893. Fall release. Hot!
Rifts® The Disavowed – A Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team.
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892. Fall.
New! Rifts® Sovietski™
The Rifts® Sovietski™ World Book presents background information on the fledgling Sovietski nation, notable cities and people, politics, and its growing army, plus Deadzones, Spetsnaz Special Forces, new bionics, Russian D-Bees, and more.
- New Cyborgs and other O.C.C.s.
- The Sovietski nation and its army.
- Weapons, new bionics, combat vehicles, and gear.
- Bunker Creation tables and Deadzone tables.
- Russian D-Bees, adventure ideas and more.
- By Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr.
- $24.95 – 192 pages – Cat. No. 891 – Fall 2017.
New! In the Face of Death™ – A Dead Reign® Sourcebook
This sourcebook is all about inner city survival. Survivor colonies finding ways to live and prosper in the big city. Conventional wisdom says that living in the big population centers is impossible. These survivors prove otherwise.
- Inner city survival. Old and new O.C.C.s.
- Skyscraper communities and life on the rooftops.
- Cults – the new power in the city.
- Gangs, street runners, the new underground, and more.
- Take your zombie campaign to new heights!
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Adaptable to other Palladium settings.
- Size and price not yet determined, probably 96 pages – $16.95 (tentative) – Cat. No. 237. Fall.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® is getting hotter and hotter. It is the Number One Anime on Crackle, the Robotech® movie from Sony Pictures sounds like it is going to be become a reality, more Robotech® licensed products are appearing, and Palladium is gearing up toward the release of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave Two and more Robotech® products. Ah, but the core game and expansion packs to get you started are available right now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces. Get yours now.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Core Box Set (Main Game) – 34 detailed game pieces – 53 game cards, 24 custom battle dice, decal sheets, rule book and more – $99.95 – Cat. No. 55100 – Available now.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55201 – Available now.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 – Cat. No. 55202 – Available now.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 retail – Cat. No. 55203 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods (4 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55401 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55402 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command (3 pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55403 – Available now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Convention Exclusives – now available to anyone
These dynamic pieces are available as a regular item in the Palladium store. They are powerful fun and only have 4-6 parts, so they are easy to put together. They look awesome on your shelf or in your game. Get yours while supplies last.
Cat. No. 56015 – $22.00 – Max Sterling’s Valkyrie Battloid
Cat. No. 56019 – $22.00 – Miriya in Super Valkyrie
Cat. No. 56020 – $22.00 – Breetai in Heavy Combat Armor
Cat. No. 56021 – $22.00 – Grell in Male Power Armor
© Copyright 2017 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.