Palladium Books® Weekly Update – August 25, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
This has been “work your tail off” week.
Our mission: To get The Rifter® #56, Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Vampires sourcebook and an updated 2011 Catalog all out by October. Heck, I’m hoping to have a Dead Reign™ Sourcebook out by October or November as well. After that, we’re hoping Rifts® Megaverse in Flames™, Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook and another Robotech® Sourcebook will end the year (November and December) with a high note. Or so we are shooting for.
That means we’ve been working like mad men to make it all happen.
Even as you read this, Wayne Smith is working on The Rifter® #56 and a few other things. Matthew Clements has finished his work on the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook (all it needs is my additions and final editing) and he is already fast at work on Rifts® Black Market.
Alex and I are deep into the editing and tweaking of the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook.
Freelance writers and artists are working on a myriad number of projects and we are excited about upcoming releases as finished manuscripts are turned in.
Megaversal Ambassadors Game Master support kits should post soon. Outstanding Game Master and author Carl Gleba has whipped up some tools to help Game Masters run Palladium game events as well as for use in their own games. They are things he uses himself – character sheets, other log sheets, hit locations, quick reference guides and much more. These G.M. kits will be made available for free to Megaversal Ambassadors, but will also be made available for a small fee on DriveThruRPG.com as PDFs for Palladium G.M.s and gamers who might also want to use these helpful Game Mastering aids. Each set of G.M. tools is game specific, the first of which is for Rifts® and the second for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. Both should be available within a week. G.M. tools for other world settings are also coming.
Megaversal Ambassadors are a growing number of Game Masters who volunteer to run Palladium gaming events at local conventions, stores and special events. It is all part of a grass roots effort to introduce new gamers to Palladium’s Megaverse® of role-playing games and the joy of role-playing. Zachary Houghton is the gent who came up with the idea for the Megaversal Ambassadors and we’re glad he’s back helping the program to move forward. James Brown is the other mover and shaker behind the program. If this is something you think you would like to participate in, please contact either of these guys and/or go to the Megaversal Ambassadors forum on the Palladium Website under “Community.” We encourage those of you who love to run games to contact the people running this volunteer force of super-gamers and spread the Palladium role-playing experience.
Hey, convention organizers, you don’t have to be a Megaversal Ambassador to run Palladium events or get our support. All you have to do is contact us, prove you are a legitimate ongoing convention, talk to Alex and we’re happy to support your events in whatever way we can. As a rule, we look to support conventions running Palladium gaming events. Palladium welcomes conventions of all sizes, big, medium and small. Game on!
UPDATE: Online sales continue to roll up and down along with the economy and stock markets. Sales have been less than stellar, though we continue to hear high praise for Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ and we know there is a lot of excitement about upcoming books (Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook, Rifts® Lemuria, Megaverse® in Flames™, Dead Reign™ sourcebook, etc.). Keep those orders and pre-orders coming in. New books are on their way. New T-shirts too.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I’m about halfway through the manuscript and Irvin Jackson has knocked my socks off. I hope Harmony Gold is as pleased and impressed with it as I am. As for fans of Robotech® – I think you will love this book. Freedom Fighters and other O.C.C.s add new flavor to the setting of the New Generation, as do mecha-chimeras or “Frankenmecha” – amalgamations of robots, combat vehicles and weapon systems, new gear, and lots and lots of fun source material and adventure ideas in an epic setting of survival and heroism. Join the fight to free Earth from the tyranny of the Invid. We are optimistic about releasing another Robotech® Sourcebook by December and another in February 2012. More on them in a few weeks.
Manga size or not manga size? That is the question. And we want your opinion. Should we stay with the manga-size or make this book our usual size? The main problem with the manga-size format is that you cannot lay the book flat open, it automatically closes unless held open. Let us know what you think in our latest poll. And no, we cannot redo the manga-size books in the standard size until they are out of print. That would mean two different sizes of books in the Robotech® series. Share your thoughts with us.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. As soon as I’m done with Robotech® New Generation, I dive into finishing Lemuria. I’ve already done some work on the book and Matthew Clements has already gone over it for an initial edit. ALL the artwork is in and it is gorgeous. Amy Ashbaugh, Kent Burles, Nick Bradshaw, Mike Mumah and Chuck Walton knocked this one out of the park. I am looking at a September release for this sourcebook.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. Available now. Most fans of the original book and newcomers alike love it. Have you ordered yours?
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. This book is three-quarters of the way finished. It picks up where Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ left off and is jam-packed with more source material that will leave you smiling and gasping at the same time. Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is a 128 page book that includes Fort Reid, more Reid’s Rangers, Techno-Wizard weapons, the Yucatan, the Mayan god Camazotz, Werebeasts, desert survival and more. Shooting for a September release, but may slide into October.
Watch for Sneak Previews of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Lemuria as FREE PDFs from DriveThruRPG.com in the weeks to come. The Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ Sneak Preview is available now. Sneak Previews of Armageddon Unlimited™ and Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™ are also available. To get any of the free PDF downloads, go to DriveThruRPG.com. It is easy to create a free account and only takes a couple of minutes. DriveThruRPG.com is a good resource for getting the Hades & Dyval Map Pack, The Rifter® Number Zero, The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines, as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983).
UPDATE: The Rifter® #56. More great optional material for Rifts® and the rest of the Megaverse® written by fans just like you. Cover by Irvin Jackson. October release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse in Flames. All of us are pushing hard to make this a November or December release.
UPDATE: Back in Print: Just a reminder that the following books are back in print and available now.
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book 1: Sedition™
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book 2: Coalition Overkill™
Note: All six books in the Coalition Wars/Siege on Tolkeen series are in print.
The following titles are also recently back in print and ready to ship:
- Rifts® Free Quebec™
- Rifts® Book of Magic
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
UPDATE Alex. I’m happy to report that Alex seems to be doing much better. His red blood count is back to where it belongs and other numbers that need to come down are doing so. He’s been in better spirits and enjoying being back home.
UPDATE Kevin’s Online Store. I’ve got Alex rebuilding my online store containing toys and collectibles from my personal collection. More on it next Weekly Update.
UPDATE Convention Appearances. Convention news is located toward the end of the Weekly Update. There are some new convention updates and info and we need G.M.s to run games at the Palladium Open House and Gen Con 2012. Palladium’s next convention appearance is at the Detroit FanFare in September.
UPDATE Palladium Open House – May 4,5, 6, 2012 (May 3 is VIP Night) Palladium gamers are excited about this fun event. Gamers come from around the world and now have a gentleman coming in from Japan as well as England, Europe and Canada. I hope as many Palladium fans can join us for this whirlwind weekend of fun as possible. We keep talking about it now because it is only nine months away and we want people to start saving now, so we can have a record number of attendees. This might be our last POH so we want to the event to go out with a blast. There are more details in the convention portion of this Update.
Halloween Store – QueenofGhouls.com – This past week, Kathy Simmons has added two new killer clowns, a sinister circus ringmaster, and a chop shop nurse to her online store. A Mad Doctor, a new crawling zombie, more clowns and other scary, life sized Halloween props will be added soon. Halloween is only 67 days away, so Kathy Simmons wants to make sure there are enough “ghouls” for everyone.
Her life-sized Halloween props include killer clowns, mad doctors, zombies, witches, wizards, executioners, werewolves and monsters. The Queen of Ghouls is something of a fun extension of Palladium Books because Kathy is a beloved staff member and I help her paint and tatter clothing for many of these unique Halloween decorations. If you are looking for a standout Halloween item for your front lawn, one of these will do the trick. And they look sooo much better than the photos. WARNING: Once you see one of Kathy’s ghouls in person and get rants and raves from everyone who visits your home on Halloween, you may find yourself buying a new one every year.
Kathy has recently sold a couple of zombies, a scarecrow and a Christmas figure. Check out her Halloween store at QueenofGhouls.com. Her creations are durable and can be used year after year. Gamers have loved the ones we’ve had at the Palladium Open House and Gen Con – they are truly awesome. Halloween is just around the corner.
A personal aside. In my opinion, Palladium Books has some of the greatest guys and gals working with us on the planet. In addition to the Palladium staff, there are ladies and gents like R.C. Aradio, Amy Ashbaugh, Brandon Aten, Rex Barkdoll, Thom Bartold, Carmen Bellaire, Chris Bourassa, Nick Bradshaw, Wayne Breaux, Kent Burles, Braden Campbell, Randi & Roger Cartier, Cheryl Corey, Mike Dubisch, Mark Dudley, Mark Evans, E.M. Gist, Carl Gleba, Jeff Hansen, Mike Hayes, Irvin Jackson, Scott Johnson, Renee Lane, Mike Leonard, Mike Majestic, Mike Mumah, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Mark Oberle, Apollo Okamura, Ramon Perez, John Philpott, Jason Richards, Ben Rodriguez, Josh Sinsapaugh, Taylor White, Tyler Walpole, Chuck Walton, Mike Wilson, and John Zeleznik, among many others! By “the greatest,” I don’t just mean by way of talent and ability, but that they are great people. You know, outstanding people of high caliber and personal character. I am so proud to know these men and women. I’m happy to call many of them my friends, and it is an honor to work with them.
With Labor Day coming up next week, I just wanted to thank the many people who work so hard to make Palladium products. They are a part of the imagination engine behind Palladium Books. They inspire and challenge me to do my best. They help to build the Palladium Megaverse® and join me in unleashing new realms of imagination and entertainment. My apologies to those I did not name specifically, please know you are as important and special as all the rest. My love and appreciation to you as well as the many wonderful people who have worked with me in the past, such as Erick Wujcik, my Dad, Kevin Long, Jeff Burke, Larry Elmore, Tony Falzon, Patrick Nowak, Keith Parkinson, Jeffery Russell, Timothy Truman, Steven Bissette, Richard Corben, Freddie Williams and many others.
That’s all for now. I have new books to finish. Keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition
– Available now
Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ is in our warehouse waiting for your order. Initial feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Order yours today.
For centuries, Mexico has been considered the realm of monsters best left alone. A land dominated by packs of Wild Vampires and rumored to be home of Vampire Kingdoms in the south. Most of the northern civilizations have stayed away, but over the last 20 years, a growing number of heroes, vampire slayers and adventurers have been waging something of a secret war against the undead. As that battle escalates, stories of heroes, vampires and entire human populations enslaved by the undead or penned, raised and slaughtered like cattle, are starting to leak out. Come see for yourself if the rumors are true and join the battle for humanity in Mexico.
- Vampire Hunter O.C.C.s, all new.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire minions, henchmen and protectors, all new.
- Rifts vampires, how they think, behave, fight and kill.
- Different types of vampires, their Master, and the Vampire Intelligence (the deific creator of the undead).
- Hero Vampire and Deluded Vampire R.C.C.s as player characters.
- 40+ vampire abilities, vampire weaknesses and combat notes.
- Vampire combat and the weapons and techniques of vampire slayers.
- Who can be turned into vampires and who cannot.
- Chupacabras and other monsters and riding animals.
- Reid’s Ranger O.C.C. and the observations of Doc Reid, all new.
- Vampire fighting weapons, silver bullets, wooden stakes and more.
- The city-states of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez described. Updated and expanded.
- Town creation tables and rules. All new.
- Vampire ruled towns and the hold they have over them. All new.
- Wild Vampires and the secret behind their presence in northern Mexico.
- Overviews of the Vampire Kingdoms, with expanded material on vampire society, hierarchy, their psychology, behavior, human cattle and servants, vampire dominion over the villages and towns of Northern Mexico and much more.
- The presence of Archie Three, Lemurians and the Splugorth.
- Ideas for adventure throughout.
- Updated and revised to 109 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist.
- New artwork by Mike Wilson, Mike Mumah, Nick Bradshaw and Kent Burles, plus the best of Kevin Long and Tim Truman from the original book.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Additional text and ideas by Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Available now. Order yours today.
NEW! The Rifter® #55
– Available now
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #55: Looks fantastic. Packed with adventure and game ideas for your campaigns.
- Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms®: Sneak preview by Kevin Siembieda.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®: Source material that expands upon the Quorians, by Travis Guerrero.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®: Ancestral Mystic™ who derives special abilities from his ancestors. By Paul Herbert.
- Nightbane®: Dark Day™ Chronicles, Volume Three, a short story and character stats by Jeremy Hutchins.
- Rifts®: The original Triax O.C.C.s updated by Brandon Aten.
- Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™: More on the CCW by Braden Campbell.
- Rifts®: Black Crusade™ Two: Info on the Methodeans, their syndicates and secret organizations, history and adventure ideas.
- News and coming attractions.
- Fiction and more.
- Cover by R.C. Aradio.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 155. Available now.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
– Ships September, 2011
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater, indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. September release.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ will expand upon old material from the original Vampire Kingdoms World Book as well as much completely new material. Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms. This sourcebook will be every bit as exciting and packed with cool stuff as Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™.
- Vampires of the Yucatan, the dark god Camazotz and more.
- Vampires and Werebeasts of the Yucatan.
- Expanded overview of the Yucatan.
- Doc Reid and key Rangers, plus Fort Reid described.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and gear. Plus more non-TW vehicles and gear.
- Vampire Hunter “exterminators.” Mortal assassins who serve the vampires by hunting and destroying Vampire Hunters and other enemies of the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New info about the Vampire Kingdoms, adventure ideas and more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Matthew Clements.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. September release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting.
- A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech can come together.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha.
- O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder, Invid Protoculture Experiment and more.
- The Resistance and how it works.
- New weapons, vehicles and mecha.
- Adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- A “manga” size sourcebook. Or should it be our normal size? Let us know.
- 192 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count, format and price may be subject to change. October 2011 release.
Note: With any luck, there will be a companion Robotech® sourcebook released by the end of the year.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. October release.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
Earth is home to thousands of alien species from beyond the Rifts, but one of the strangest and most dangerous is the Xiticix. A danger nobody seemed to realize until the sprawling Hivelands began to encroach on the territories of other people. Armed with new breeds of aggressive warriors, new weapons and legions of insectoids willing to fight to the death, people are beginning to wonder if they are the next threat to humanity.
- 9 different types of Xiticix, their hierarchy and society.
- Xiticix Hive Cities, defenses and plans for expansion.
- Xiticix powers, abilities and weapons.
- Psi-Stalker Tribes fighting the Xiticix. The Psi-Stalker R.C.C. revisited.
- Heroes and Hardcases: groups and 15 Non-Player Characters.
- Plots against the alien invaders by the Coalition States, Lazlo and others.
- Fort Barron of the Coalition Army, mapped and described.
- Adventures, maps and many adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Breaux Jr.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 838. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
The “complete” Coalition Wars® Siege on Tolkeen™ Series
Magic vs Technology. All-out war between the Coalition and the Magic Kingdom of Tolkeen. Even if you don’t play the war, the series offers fantastic source material: magic artifacts, Spells of Legend, Techno-Wizard war machines, maps, cities, towns, monsters and scores of NPCs you can drop into any campaign. All six titles are in print.
The Books in the Siege on Tolkeen Series: All are available now.
- Book 1: Sedition – New spells, TW weapons, Iron Juggernauts & more.
- Book 2: Coalition Overkill – Daemonix, Coalition Forces, NPCs, adventure & more.
- Book 3: Sorcerers’ Revenge – Shadow Dragons, more Iron Juggernauts, 25 NPCs & more.
- Book 4: Cyber-Knights – In-depth look at the Knights, sub-classes like Crusaders, Rogues & more.
- Book 5: Shadows of Evil – People, places, NPCs, defenses & more.
- Book 6: Final Siege – Tolkeen mapped, 42 NPCs, TW weapons, dragons, monsters, adventures & more.
- Series written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
The Coalition Army is in place and waging war on Tolkeen, a Kingdom of Magic. This sourcebook lays the groundwork for an epic conflict and ongoing campaign. If you don’t want to play out the war, it provides all kinds of valuable stand-alone source material, magic items, magic spells, magic weapons, TW Iron Juggernauts, monsters, villains and adventure ideas.
- Magic vs Technology: Coalition anti-magic devices and tactics.
- 70+ Techno-Wizard weapons and devices.
- 10 Spells of Legend, 6 fabled magic artifacts, 11 maps.
- Techno-Wizard Iron Juggernauts – giant robot-like war machines powered by magic.
- Techno-Wizard vehicle construction rules plus 12 specific types of vehicles.
- Tolkeen’s war plans and strategies, plus a Tolkeen time-line of events leading to war.
- Tolkeen combat formations and monster allies.
- Notable places like the Great Skelebot Graveyard, City of Solomon, Camp Fatale, and others.
- Ley Line Magic, key people and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 839. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™
The war escalates on both sides. A new breed of Coalition officers begin to come to the forefront, and with them cruelty, murder and genocide. The Coalition Army is ruthless, but Tolkeen has a few tricks up its sleeve, like an alliance with a race of ancient demons known as the Daemonix.
- Introducing the Daemonix demons.
- 40+ NPCs, Coalition combat squads and operations.
- Coalition Flying Leviathan Stratocarrier.
- Tolkeen strategies and tactics.
- The Coalition’s campaign of revenge.
- Bounty Hunters, mercenaries, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 840. Available now. Order yours today.
Rifts® Book of Magic
– Back in Print – Available Now
This is the ultimate guide to magic on Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference. This is a great reference book. Kevin and all of us at Palladium use it and the Rifts® Game Master Guide constantly.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads fromDriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
2011 Palladium Releases
2011 New Releases & Back in Print
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™ – New – Available now!
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – Available now!
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now!
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions™ – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Baseball Cap – Back in stock – Available now
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print – Available now
June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® WB 23: Free Quebec™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book One: Sedition– BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book Two: Coalition Overkill – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
August 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition – New – Available now
September 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New – in production
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print
October 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #56 – New
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in production
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three – New
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
- Another new title may be added or substituted
November 2011 Releases
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlimited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
Rifts® Book of Magic™
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
Rifts® World Book 23: Rifts® Free Quebec™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 837.
New Books in Development
(listed in alphabetical order):
Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook
Chaos Earth™ First Responders
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalyse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm.
Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple HU2 sourcebooks.
Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.
Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new.
Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line.
Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™
Rifts® Black Market
Rifts® China Three
Rifts® Deep South
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Northern Gun™ – may be a series of books.
Rifts® Titan Industries™
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.
Robotech® UEEF Marines™
Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
All of the above are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
The Queen of Ghouls – Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons – is locked in her dungeon, devising new ghouls for the coming Halloween season. Go to queenofghouls.com to see her current selection of life-sized Halloween props. See her zombie doctor and other new zombies, Jack Skellington and Sally, and more. New creations are on the drawing board, and so is a new website. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seems almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy’s also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch’s brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
Conventions & Events
Palladium to attend Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25
We’ve gotten confirmation of our end cap and are looking forward to seeing gamers and comic fans from Michigan, Ohio and the surrounding area come on down. The event is the Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25 at Cobo Hall, downtown Detroit.
One of the guests is Kevin Eastman – co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®. So this fun comic book and media convention will be a great chance to get your Ninja Turtles® game books (and comics) signed by one of the creators. Other guests include fan boy favorite actor, Bruce Campbell, and dozens and dozens of comic book guests. Palladium fans may be interested to know Dave Dorman (Palladium cover artist), Tim Bradstreet, and pal, Defiler and Palladium contributor of old, William Messner Loebs will also be attending, among many other guests. I’ll keep you posted as we firm up the details.
Click here for more information about Detroit FanFare.
Alliance Trade Show, October in Fort Wayne, Indiana
This is a trade show for retailers, but many hard working store owners and their employees are gamers and Palladium fans. I invite you to bring books for us to sign for your own collections and/or to put in your store as an extra selling feature. We’re happy to do it. I, Kevin Siembieda, and Wayne Smith will be present at the event. Also, please drop by to chat and get the latest news and developments at Palladium.
Gen Con Indy 2012
1. Palladium Books will be at Gen Con Indy 2012.
2. We need Game Masters to run Palladium game events. We want Palladium Books to be a much bigger part of the gaming experience at Gen Con Indy in 2012. Toward that end, we’re hoping a number of Game Masters will step forward and run “official” gaming events at Gen Con. To do that we need your help.
Let us know if you are planning to run at Gen Con Indy 2012, but most importantly, YOU NEED to contact Gen Con directly and fill out whatever Event Submission form/application and send it in to them BEFORE THE JANUARY DEADLINE. This can all be done online.
Note: Though there are different “rounds” and deadlines for submitting events, it is our experience that submitting in time for the very first deadline is the only way to sure-fire guarantee the event will to be included. So please, let’s plan now and get our events entered in the first round, mid-January 2012. Megaversal Ambassadors, please be a vocal and visible part of getting people to run Palladium gaming events for Gen Con Indy 2012. Any and all game settings (Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy®, Robotech®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Splicers®, Robotech®, BTS, and all the rest) are welcomed. Let’s make the halls of Gen Con Indy 2012 ring with Palladium gaming.
2012 Palladium Open House – May 4-6, 2012
The Palladium Open House is three days (four with VIP night) of non-stop role-playing gaming, a chance to meet and hang with the Palladium staff, artists and writers, participate in panel talks, get autographs, and have a blast. Game with the people who make the games at the very place they are designed. YOU are part of Palladium’s extended family, and we invite YOU into our home to join us for gaming, fun and more. The Palladium Open House has a fun, family feel and is three days (four with VIP night) of games, fun and opportunity for making wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
● 90+ Gaming Events:
- Chaos Earth™
- Heroes Unlimited™
- Ninjas & Superspies™
- Phase World®/Three Galaxies™
- Dead Reign™
- After the Bomb®
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®
- Beyond the Supernatural™
- and more . . .
● 40+ Palladium creators under one roof.
● Game with the people who make the games you love, like Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carl Gleba, and other Palladium creators.
● Enter the Costume Contest and you might win a cool award and prize.
● Enjoy panel talks that are fun and insightful.
● Get autographs and chat with creators.
● Have the time of your life.
● What other game company invites you to game with them at their place?
● We are hosting this event because YOU demanded it. So come on over and join the fun.
Place your order today.
We recommend you RESERVE your hotel now. Your credit card is not charged until the event, but reserving your room early gives you peace of mind and helps Palladium so we can block more rooms if we need them. If necessary, you can cancel your room up to a few weeks before the event.
This may be our last Open House. Having sufficient parking is becoming an issue. While we should be okay for the 2012 POH, the parking situation is likely to prevent future events. So don’t miss out.
V.I.P. Thursday (May 3, 2012). Available now. YOU are the VIP. You get in an afternoon early (doors open at 3:00 PM – catered dinner at 5:30 PM) and are the first to play in special game events, participate in special panel talks, purchase items, and enjoy a dinner catered by Kathy Simmons (and those who have been to past VIP nights know how awesome that is). Reserve your place today.
Weekend Admission is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Reserve your place today. Placing your order early helps us on many levels, and tells us how many people to expect and how many hotel rooms to reserve.
Individual Day Admission might work better for you. If you can only make it one day, that’s okay with us. Come on down.
Hotel is the location you love at the same 2009 rates ($69.95 a night). The hotel does not charge your card until a day before the event, so reserve NOW. We are concerned they might run out of rooms at our special price, so reserve your room as soon as possible. Based on the economy, the hotel has not reserved the entire hotel for us as they have in the past. Book your room fast so you know you have a place to stay. The hotel now offers free hot breakfasts and we will have two conference rooms for late night gaming and additional open gaming.
Plan to enter the Costume Contest. Winners get a nice plaque and real prizes. Rifts/sci-fi, fantasy, modern (includes horror) and best of show are the categories.
Click here for more details and to reserve your tickets.
Game Masters wanted for 2012 Palladium Open House (POH). The sooner you notify us that you are running “official” POH games and how many games/time slots, the better. We want to get our gaming schedule up and posted online early this time. We typically need 90+ gaming events. That means we need you. FYI: You can run the same game more than once, I do.
Palladium is in need of Game Masters to run events at the 2012 Palladium Open House. G.M.s who run three or more events get a special discount on product and a gift (typically a T-shirt, but maybe something different this year). Palladium NEEDS your commitment to run and a description of the games no later than January 29, 2012 – SOONER IS BETTER. Our thanks to those of you who have already committed to run. Please let us know what you want to run. Julius Rosenstein already has 7 events scheduled. Be like Julius and let us know as soon as possible. Thank you.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.