Rifter 24

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Rifter 24

Unread post by Danger »

Woo! Just made my first E-Bay purchase & picked up a new copy of the only copy of the Rifter I was missing for 6.00 plus S&H!!!

I was sooo ticked off when the copy I was eyeing on Amazon for 15.00 disappeared.

My Rifter collection is complete!!!

Muhuhaahaahaahaaa!

:demon:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Rifter 24

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Congrats :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Tinker wrote:i saw that on there...i am also buying up some Rifters. As far as the conversions, what is in there?

I assume you're referring to the Palladium Fantasy update?

It's an update to the Yin-Sloth jungles, converting skills from 1st edition to 2nd edition.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Really? Was anything done to fix the Undead Slayer O.C.C. from Yin Sloth Jungles? That's the screwiest class I have ever seen. The character has two rune weapons in his starting equipment, yet he still has no way of tracking undead creatures nor even detecting their presence.
Last edited by Lord Z on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Undead slayer does not have any rune weapons as part of their starting equipment.

the special equipment listed are ether magical or they are Holy weapons. No, rune and holy weapons are not the same thing.

Yes, that they don't have a extra power to sense the undead is so unlike the contemporary OCCs but it is what a 'normal' person would have.

While yes they get a lot of stuff to start off with, 1) the temples training them are specifically training and equipping them to hunt the undead, 2) they can't, or is very difficulty, get replacements for their stuff.

when the US government trains a soldier do they not issue them what the US armed forces conceder the minimum amount of equipment or do they issue them what say Colombia thinks is minimum equipment?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Okay, I concede your points, Drewkitty. I was probably wrong in improperly classifying those weapons. Your argument about properly equipping the Undead Hunters also makes sense. At least, as far as it goes... I would have thought that giving the hunter a tool for tracking undead would have been more appropriate than an additional weapon to add to the list.

I played an Undead Hunter years ago. He had a cheesy name, Victor Beowolf, to match his cheesy class. Based upon that campaign, I still hold to my original conclusion that the Undead Slayer O.C.C. in Yin Sloth is the screwiest class that I have ever seen. If anyone were to ask about playing as an Undead Slayer in a PF game, I would hand them Psi-Stalker instead and help them adapt it.

Congratulations, Danger!
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”