Sceptical questions.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re: Sceptical questions.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Without having read the book thoroughly.

I can say therea re no magic or psionics.
The Zombies are very hard to kill.
AND there are special rules for this setting which increases the difficultly of killing zombies, making it the first Palladium game to stack the odds totally in favor of the villans to make the heroics of the average person that much more exciting and entertaining.

I personally really like the setting and in my opinion it would be a great companion to BTS or Nightbane.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Re: Sceptical questions.

Unread post by Sir Neil »

Raist25m wrote:What makes this a stand-alone game?

Palladium's desire to make BTS fans hurt more. She is a cruel mistress.

Even if someone isn't buying for the setting itself, how useful do you see this book being for the GM who is trying to run BTS, NB, Heroes UL, etc?

There are already zombie and monster stats in those books. If you aren't setting your game during the Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse that my best friend's little brother was discussing while his mom died next to us, I don't know what it would add.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."

Return to “Dead Reign™”