New Talent.

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

New Talent.

Unread post by MrMom »

I was just thinking why do we see the same people showcased in the rifter quarter after quarter. This is not a slight on the people who get published as they are very talented. I thought that the rifter was supposed to be for Palladium Books to show off new talent and grow its pool of potential free lancers. At what point do you become Old talent and moved to the Old talent pool so to speak. I hope no one is offended by this it is merely a question.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: New Talent.

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Well obviously I can't offer any direct answers only a guess. Each Rifter does follow a theme and those selected come closest? You could always bring it up next time Kevin is on a podcast or even better, Wayne Smith.

Carl
ImageImage
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

MrMom wrote:I was just thinking why do we see the same people showcased in the rifter quarter after quarter. This is not a slight on the people who get published as they are very talented. I thought that the rifter was supposed to be for Palladium Books to show off new talent and grow its pool of potential free lancers. At what point do you become Old talent and moved to the Old talent pool so to speak. I hope no one is offended by this it is merely a question.

Are you referring to the Swimsuit Editions and Giant Monsters?

If so, the swimsuit pieces are assigned to the Freelancers at-large by Kevin (not exactly something he can do with just anybody), and the Giant Monster material was a spur-of-the-moment deal where we decided to see what we could whip up and Wayne and Kev decided to put them in the Halloween Rifter.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I can't speak to what actually goes across Wayne's desk, but it seems to me that new talent does get into pretty much every issue; And although Warwolf is correct about assignments, I was able to submit unsolicited artwork for the swimsuit issue and get it published (my first art in print).

..Maybe you've misconceived the size of the fan-base and therefore the size of the pool of potential talent that submits?

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”