Rifter #45 & FIVE new DR Sourcebooks? What'll be in them?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DtMK
Hero

Rifter #45 & FIVE new DR Sourcebooks? What'll be in them?

Unread post by DtMK »

Here's an interesting quote in Kevin's latest Murmur, not related to Thanksgiving or Black Friday. :-D

I can’t turn my mind off.

I want to turn my mind off. Really, I do, but sometimes I can’t do it.

So what happens Thanksgiving Day morning? Ideas for FIVE Dead Reign sourcebooks start to pour out of me while I’m taking a shower! I had to hurry up so I could write them down before I forgot. Good stuff too. I always tell people that I’m a victim of an overactive imagination, which causes most folk to either laugh or look at me funny. But it’s TRUE! That’s okay, I wouldn’t want it any other way. :-D

So now we have not only Rifter #45 featuring several key elements that were missing from the Rifter #40 to DRRPG release, but he has FIVE ideas for different sourcebooks! Personally, I'd love to see them, but given how things might happen in the next year or 2 to delay this, I'll still look forward to seeing them. If there will be up to 5 different supplement books, I'd like to hear what Kev's ideas are, as well as anyone else's input what they'd like to see. Make your voices heard folks, we've proven that Palladium Books listens!

And Kev...between friends, be happy that I respect this is a PG-13 board, otherwise you're giving me ammo with these...ideas...pouring out of you in the shower. EWWWWWW!!!! :lol:
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Rifter #45 & FIVE new DR Sourcebooks? What'll be in them?

Unread post by csbioborg »

honestly I just want dyval

I am putting off getting that grabbag out of the hope dyval will make it this year

DR sounds like a great game but I have a preexisting campagin I really sent off on to left field expecting dyval to come out earlier this year

I don't know what goes into the production process pass prrofreading and getting it down to a certain page lenghth put I know I'd forgive some errata if they'd just send it to the printers now
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I'm feeling you man, I've been wanting Dyval and the other Minion Wars books too. In fact, I'm running a current campaign that ties DR and Brulyx into the Minion Wars, and my DR Earth could be a pivotal point in the Megaverse if he gets involved on the side of Hades. I'm glad i didn't pre-oder the books when Dyval was first announced to be released December of LAST YEAR.

But, I digress. I'm thinking that if there will be sourcebooks, one could be a world book, telling about the fight around the world, at sea, etc. as well as covering the Rifter #40 version of the race that stopped Brulyx in the first place.

For other books, maybe we could also get the other potential rumors fleshed out. A scientific experiment? If it IS the wrath of God, then why, or who's profiting? As stated in other posts here, perhaps more weapons as a prelude to Hardware Unlimited or even stats for items featured on Futureweapons or other venues, as well as other vehicles. I know in a few Rifters there are modern military vehicles statted out for Systems Failure.

What else do you think could be in them?
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ideas I would like to see...

Info on:
Death Cults
A Safe Haven book detailing a few major Safe Havens. Perhaps a Safe Haven creation table.
Government/Military Response.
Key battlegrounds (Both in the USA and around the world)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

While i think we may see more sourcebooks for PB don't hold your breath. There is a tremendous backlog of books. I don't expect to see the next DR sourcebook before the end of 2009 0r 2010. So unless I see a DR sourcebook at my FLGS I take everything Kevin says with a continent sized grain of salt.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

DtMK wrote:And Kev...between friends, be happy that I respect this is a PG-13 board, otherwise you're giving me ammo with these...ideas...pouring out of you in the shower. EWWWWWW!!!! :lol:

That is truly the direction of a sick mind, the pouring out is ... zombie... Maybe Kevin is responsible for the apocolypse. :lol: :shock:
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

5 DR-sourcebooks? sounds great, but, alas, its never gonna happen. remember when KS was all excited about Chaos Earth or BTS-2? :-(
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Therumancer wrote:Generally speaking I've noticed that things tend to appear *fairly* rapidly or not at all, and a lot of it depends on what the people they have on staff feel like writing.

Now if Kevin is really feeling it, and sits down and actually starts to write some stuff, we could see the sourcebooks fairly quickly.

Otherwise I'd imagine the lack of fairly immediate support will amount to the game's interest waning, and then it being seen as unfeasible to produce supplements.

I can't help but be critical after all of this time. As time goes on series that only saw the release of a main book seem to become less likely to receive any support.

Given the general lack of competition within the genere, combined with the amount of geek interest, I could see Dead Reign catching on fairly well if it was immediatly supported. People might have their attention grabbed just by seeing the support. If it's just dangled out there for a year or more, then by the time it becomes viable, interest will have faded except among hard core palladium gamers (like a lot of people on this site) and there just isn't going to be much of
a demand for the supplement(s).

As far as "Minion Wars" goes, I'm kind of fond of the idea, but also a bit wary due to Palladiums last huge project like this (Siege On Tolkeen) was to me (and others) a massive train wreck. On some levels I'm glad they're taking their time, and I really hope they are thinking this through logically given how it touches on so many settings, rather than simply tossing stuff out there given a specific vision and not caring if it's even really practical. Nothing I've heard yet though has really hit my alarm buttons the way SoT did when it was shaping up. Long story and it would involve rehashing some very old arguements.

The supplements I most want to see are expansions for Beyond The Supernatural like the "Arcanum" magic system, and anything that officially expands the bestiary without simply porting in monsters from other Palladium games.

Given what I suspect are Kevin's predilictions <SP> I'd imagine he could probably do a good job of turning out an Eastern-Style horror supplement based on their taste in movies/horror and the resulting pop culture. As much as I don't care for Technophobia, a well-done Techno-Horror book like was suggested in BTS would also be good.

But of course as I said above, the longer we go without the supplements materializing, the less likely I think it will be that BTS will ever see support.

>>>----Therumancer--->

"feel like writing"? Have you been following Kevin's Murmers?

The recent Erick Wujcik 'death watch' and other things going on behind the scenes really derailed us the first half of the year, including moving into a new building. Putting in 12 to 18 hour days can really drain you. Working 6 and 7 days a week doesn't help.

We are back to a regular book production schedule now. All of us are working as quickly as possible to get books out as quickly as possible.

Alex Marciniszyn
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Ideas I would like to see...

Info on:
Death Cults
A Safe Haven book detailing a few major Safe Havens. Perhaps a Safe Haven creation table.
Government/Military Response.
Key battlegrounds (Both in the USA and around the world)

Ok. So that's one sourcebook down, 4 to go. :-D

Return to “Dead Reign™”