I whant that staff!

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Re: I whant that staff!

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

That's Tonya Harding's Staff of the Better Light..

It was meant for Dead Rain, not Reign!
WHOOPS!
Nothing is true, all is permitted
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Dude! Where can I find 46 sided dice!?
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

DtMK wrote:Dude! Where can I find 46 sided dice!?

Perhaps he meant 24d6.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Captain Shiva wrote:
DtMK wrote:Dude! Where can I find 46 sided dice!?

Perhaps he meant 24d6.

OK, even then, that is a staff that does more damage than a .50 cal rifle (7d6)! I mean, the most damage you can do per shot with that rifle is 42 points, this staff will do 144 (24d6) or 92 (2d46)! Either way, I want one too!

I'd say they meant either 2d6 or 2d4.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

stuff like this is why Palladium has more house rules than any system I ever encountered

Great ideas and concepts for all their products but really guys I just don't understand why you just don't get a professional proof reader after you do your edits.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer

In my experience, Palladium cannot hold a candle to TSR when it comes to sloppy editing and proofreading.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shotgun Jolly »

Captain Shiva wrote:In my experience, Palladium cannot hold a candle to TSR when it comes to sloppy editing and proofreading.

WOTC TSR.. Yes..

when it was just TSR.. they were spot on!
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
by the ShotGun Jolly account.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer

Shotgun Jolly wrote:
Captain Shiva wrote:In my experience, Palladium cannot hold a candle to TSR when it comes to sloppy editing and proofreading.

WOTC TSR.. Yes..

when it was just TSR.. they were spot on!

Surely you jest!
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shotgun Jolly »

Well, back when i was into D&D in the 70's/80's and there was no internet, the errors that were in the books that are common now days, didnt seem so severe or many.

Mind you, I was at the age too, where I may not have noticed some errors and thought the written word was law. So a staff of mauling* was indeed 6d84 damage to all creatures with 1HitDice or more and had a THACO -5 on D20. We (I) would never have noticed that to be odd, till I was a little older. By that time I was moved on from TSR.

But, yes Looking back at when TSR was just TSR. I cant recall that many errors in thier books.

Not like it is now days.. where they print what they want off the cuff, and use the internet to fix what ever errors they made.

*Staff of Mauling: Just something I made up to get my point arcoss.
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
by the ShotGun Jolly account.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer

Shotgun Jolly wrote:Well, back when i was into D&D in the 70's/80's and there was no internet, the errors that were in the books that are common now days, didnt seem so severe or many.

Mind you, I was at the age too, where I may not have noticed some errors and thought the written word was law. So a staff of mauling* was indeed 6d84 damage to all creatures with 1HitDice or more and had a THACO -5 on D20. We (I) would never have noticed that to be odd, till I was a little older. By that time I was moved on from TSR.

But, yes Looking back at when TSR was just TSR. I cant recall that many errors in thier books.

Not like it is now days.. where they print what they want off the cuff, and use the internet to fix what ever errors they made.

*Staff of Mauling: Just something I made up to get my point arcoss.

Not so much errors, but contradictory and unclear rules, that say one thing in one book and another thing in another.

Return to “Dead Reign™”