Dead Reign Worldbook?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ninjafingers
Wanderer

Dead Reign Worldbook?

Unread post by Ninjafingers »

I know there was a mention of a Dead Reign sourcebook, but I think the first supplement should be a world book. Take the information presented in Rifter 40 and expand on it - Winnipeg, Alaska, The Land of Oz, Ireland and all of the other enclaves - both good and bad - in the world. Nothing too big, maybe 96 pages, but have it include only world information and NPCs. No toys! I'm talking plenty of details (ala Century Station or Grammercy Island) and of course some maps along with the leaders and major players of the world and creation rules for human settlements and encampments (like with organizations and merc groups in other Palladium titles).

I enjoy reading background information and feel many of Palladium's books are lacking in this department. Having a detailed world book would make Dead Reign complete for me. Anyway, that's my two cents. Your thoughts?
Juicers are so hopped up on drugs that their reflexes are hyper-fast and the rest of the world around them seems to be moving in slow motion. Which means that they are likely the only ones to be able to keep up with the Palladium rule changes... - Killer Cyborg
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Dead Reign Worldbook?

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Ninjafingers wrote:I know there was a mention of a Dead Reign sourcebook, but I think the first supplement should be a world book. Take the information presented in Rifter 40 and expand on it - Winnipeg, Alaska, The Land of Oz, Ireland and all of the other enclaves - both good and bad - in the world. Nothing too big, maybe 96 pages, but have it include only world information and NPCs. No toys! I'm talking plenty of details (ala Century Station or Grammercy Island) and of course some maps along with the leaders and major players of the world and creation rules for human settlements and encampments (like with organizations and merc groups in other Palladium titles).

I enjoy reading background information and feel many of Palladium's books are lacking in this department. Having a detailed world book would make Dead Reign complete for me. Anyway, that's my two cents. Your thoughts?

Yep i agree. I figure the upper east coast and California would be toast, along with most major cities in the US and around the world. Alaska is supposed to be a safe zone though. Hopefully a book or 2 will be made as to help us fill out how deep we're in by location.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:
Ninjafingers wrote:I know there was a mention of a Dead Reign sourcebook, but I think the first supplement should be a world book. Take the information presented in Rifter 40 and expand on it - Winnipeg, Alaska, The Land of Oz, Ireland and all of the other enclaves - both good and bad - in the world. Nothing too big, maybe 96 pages, but have it include only world information and NPCs. No toys! I'm talking plenty of details (ala Century Station or Grammercy Island) and of course some maps along with the leaders and major players of the world and creation rules for human settlements and encampments (like with organizations and merc groups in other Palladium titles).

Yep i agree. I figure the upper east coast and California would be toast, along with most major cities in the US and around the world. Alaska is supposed to be a safe zone though. Hopefully a book or 2 will be made as to help us fill out how deep we're in by location.

Safe is a relative term.

:)

As long as it doesn't turn into another 40 days and 40 nights scenario, i think they should be fine. ;)
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:

Safe is a relative term.

:)

As long as it doesn't turn into another 40 days and 40 nights scenario, i think they should be fine. ;)

yup, cause the Alaskan version of Fascist Italy is a paradise compared to the lower 48.

:D

:lol:
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I'd also like to find out more about the island that the Benford Group's leaders are holed up in, and the mysterious ruins found in Antarctica.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

DtMK wrote:I'd also like to find out more about the island that the Benford Group's leaders are holed up in, and the mysterious ruins found in Antarctica.

They should have a sourcebook to themselves, including Brulyx and his minions.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I'm glad we're gonna get to see Brulyx in the next Rifter, otherwise I was going to have to get creative with my own stats. And they would have been FRIGHTENING.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Wouldn't mind seeing how you'd have made him up DtMK. Along with stats for its minions.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I already made up stats for one of his minions for my own game using the Chaos Lands book. Imagine a demonic squid, with wings instead of fins and a bony exoskeleton able to lock up the tentacles into firing positions, each tentacle capable of firing things from fire bolts to cold, lightning and even casting bullets. It also had camouflage abilities and most combat spells like Energy Bolt to Sub-Particle Acceleration. Its was immune to most physical attacks, but took double damage from energy attacks, even fire. In essence, imagine a giant flying sniper of the demon world I called the Arkhanon, or Snipe Squids. It would be a more modernized style demon, evolving superior vision and taking out enemies from a distance.

And with no disrespect to the original Brulyx's creators, when things were looking hairy if we'd ever see Brulyx, I started envisioning my own. Imagine a creature who in its own right had conquered and become the supreme leader of its netherworld with magic, being a powerful Summoner/Shifter in its own right. Being locked out of Earth infuriated Brulyx, no one wants anything more than what they can't have or what is denied them. With Gregius's interest in technology and genetic manipulation to create Unisane, I pictured Brulyx being unusually more interested in technology, or it's applications as found by man or even other demons like Ahriman . With Ahriman forcing demonic forms into power armors and robots on Rifts Earth, I could easily see Brulyx offering his own twists, even mass-producing items like the Demon Transports and Black Ships. All that would be needed is enough energy to punch through to the DR Earth, and his forces would have a staging ground prepared to aid Hades against Dyval.

But the worst manipulation? As I said before, imagine the frustration of being a Shifter and are locked out of a particular dimension by a race that pre-dated the Atlanteans. He realized that he needed to stack odds in his favor. And to centralize his power, he actually managed to steal a young Hundred-Handed, care for it and enhance it until it was at the peak of its power, then imprisoned it and performed the Shifter's Spell of Legend called Soul Leech, effectively being granted the raw power in physical form to match his magic, and could even give a Gulgoth a run for its money if it came to that. Fortunately with Rifter #45 around the corner with the actual stats, my own version may not have to be seen. Unless he decided to make like Hel in the Norse pantheon and make that kind of body for a backup to be transferred into.

Ain't I an evil genius? :D

Return to “Dead Reign™”