Zombie Suggestions

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DtMK
Hero

Re: Zombie Suggestions

Unread post by DtMK »

The mall movie is Dawn of the dead, with Land of the Dead as a sequel. Romero helped to create the modern zombie genre, he has a new one out whose name escapes me. If you want more of his style, I recommend Diary of the Dead, and if you want a laugh combining zombies with Snakes on a Plane, then you MUST see Flight of the Living Dead! That's right folks, zombies on a plane!
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Apollyon7 wrote:I'm in a zombie mood and looking to add a few zombie flicks to my Netflix queue.

The style of movie I'm looking for is like the one where people are stuck in the mall with zombies surrounding it. I can't remember the title.

Not interested in watching 28 days later again, though I might add 28 weeks later depending if you guys thought it was any good or not.

I already own Shawn of the Dead so don't bother suggesting that :wink:

There was one zombie movie that may have been a comedy. All I remember from the film is people are in an ambulance and someone comes on the radio telling them to come back. A guy grabs the radio and asks "Who's the President of the United States?" the zombie on the other end says "Regan" or "Carter" and they keep driving.

28 Weeks Later is crazy good. Check it out.

The movie with the mall is Dawn of the Dead. The original was released in 1978, and it was remade in 2004. They are both excellent, but the 1978 release is superior.

That last one there is Return of the Living Dead part 2. The zombie answered "Harry Truman", just a fun fact (Reagan was still in office when this movie was released). The Return of the Living Dead films are ******* awesome and you should definitely get them. There are....I think five or six of them now. The first Return film is what started the whole "zombies eat brains" thing that found its way into the popular zombie nomenclature; another fun fact.

There are a thousand zombie movies out there, and unfortunately, most of them are complete ****. Totally irredeemable. I'll try to list the ones I can remember that are good.

Night of the Living Dead (I shouldn't even have to mention this, but you'd be surprised how many noobs forget about it. The original was released in 1968, and was remade in 1989. Skip the remake.)
Dawn of the Dead (1978 or 2004)
Day of the Dead (get the 1985 version, skip the remake)
Return of the Living Dead (get the whole series, all the movies after part 3 are crap, but eh, whatever)
Zombie (also known as Zombi and Zombie 2; there's a long story to the title of this film, and I dont feel like typing it out)
Zombie 3 (or Zombi 3)
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
Shaun of the Dead
Michael Jackson's Thriller
Dead Alive (or Braindead, depending on how nerdy you are. Make sure you get the uncensored version)
Redneck Zombies (once again, get the uncensored version)
Cemetary Man (freakin love this movie. Anna Falchi :heart:)
Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town
City of the Walking Dead (Also known as Seven Doors of Death, also known as The Beyond. Fantastic movie for any horror fan)
I Walked With a Zombie
White Zombie
The Video Dead (omg if you can find this you HAVE to watch it. So terrible it's beautiful)

Like I said, though, there's a thousand zombie movies out there. This list is only the movies I have seen before, enjoyed, and can remember. At the very least, it should get you started.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
Apollyon7 wrote:I'm in a zombie mood and looking to add a few zombie flicks to my Netflix queue.

The style of movie I'm looking for is like the one where people are stuck in the mall with zombies surrounding it. I can't remember the title.

Not interested in watching 28 days later again, though I might add 28 weeks later depending if you guys thought it was any good or not.

I already own Shawn of the Dead so don't bother suggesting that :wink:

There was one zombie movie that may have been a comedy. All I remember from the film is people are in an ambulance and someone comes on the radio telling them to come back. A guy grabs the radio and asks "Who's the President of the United States?" the zombie on the other end says "Regan" or "Carter" and they keep driving.

28 Weeks Later is crazy good. Check it out.

The movie with the mall is Dawn of the Dead. The original was released in 1978, and it was remade in 2004. They are both excellent, but the 1978 release is superior.

That last one there is Return of the Living Dead part 2. The zombie answered "Harry Truman", just a fun fact (Reagan was still in office when this movie was released). The Return of the Living Dead films are **** awesome and you should definitely get them. There are....I think five or six of them now. The first Return film is what started the whole "zombies eat brains" thing that found its way into the popular zombie nomenclature; another fun fact.

There are a thousand zombie movies out there, and unfortunately, most of them are complete ****. Totally irredeemable. I'll try to list the ones I can remember that are good.

Night of the Living Dead (I shouldn't even have to mention this, but you'd be surprised how many noobs forget about it. The original was released in 1968, and was remade in 1989. Skip the remake.)
Dawn of the Dead (1978 or 2004)
Day of the Dead (get the 1985 version, skip the remake)
Return of the Living Dead (get the whole series, all the movies after part 3 are crap, but eh, whatever)
Zombie (also known as Zombi and Zombie 2; there's a long story to the title of this film, and I dont feel like typing it out)
Zombie 3 (or Zombi 3)
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
Shaun of the Dead
Michael Jackson's Thriller
Dead Alive (or Braindead, depending on how nerdy you are. Make sure you get the uncensored version)
Redneck Zombies (once again, get the uncensored version)
Cemetary Man (freakin love this movie. Anna Falchi :heart:)
Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town
City of the Walking Dead (Also known as Seven Doors of Death, also known as The Beyond. Fantastic movie for any horror fan)
I Walked With a Zombie
White Zombie
The Video Dead (omg if you can find this you HAVE to watch it. So terrible it's beautiful)

Like I said, though, there's a thousand zombie movies out there. This list is only the movies I have seen before, enjoyed, and can remember. At the very least, it should get you started.

^^^^
FTW

By the way, he's my Dead Reign GM. I'm giddy with excitement.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:Cemetary Man (freakin love this movie. Anna Falchi :heart:)

Ok, originally, I was gonna say something funny, and stupid...something like "He don't know zombies from mommies", but Mr. White went and mentioned my favorite movie ever.

So...congrats on your epic win.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
RoadWarriorFWaNK

Ninjabunny wrote:White Zombie is about Voodoo zombies more then classic flesh eating zombies.

so are alot of those other movies. They're still zombies.
RoadWarriorFWaNK

dark brandon wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:Cemetary Man (freakin love this movie. Anna Falchi :heart:)

Ok, originally, I was gonna say something funny, and stupid...something like "He don't know zombies from mommies", but Mr. White went and mentioned my favorite movie ever.

Its the only way I know how to win. 8)
The Galactus Kid

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
dark brandon wrote:

Its the only way I know how to win. 8)

Oddly enough, thats also the only way you know how to fail, which you do staggeringly more often. LOLZ
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

RoadWarriorFWaNK

oh look who just made it to the top of the list to be eaten by zombies.
dark brandon
Knight

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:oh look who just made it to the top of the list to be eaten by zombies.

"If you find yourself and a friend being chased by a king cheetah, you have but one chance: Trip your friend. -Suq'Ata wisdom" King Cheetah card...

"If you find yourself and a friend being chased by a zombie, you have but one chance: Trip your friend. -Dark Brandon wisdom"
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
The Galactus Kid

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:oh look who just made it to the top of the list to be eaten by zombies.

GOOD. But I'll still give that rotting piece of flesh a run for his money.

dark brandon
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:

/search zombie

You find: Human flesh and a fluffy rabbits foot!
RoadWarriorFWaNK

The Galactus Kid wrote:

no, all my zombies have psionics and magic and quick-draw paired mini-guns. And they're all witches in the service of Yet Another Alien Intelligence. You know, to make the setting more unique. :lol:
dark brandon
Knight

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

no, all my zombies have psionics and magic and quick-draw paired mini-guns. And they're all witches in the service of Yet Another Alien Intelligence. You know, to make the setting more unique. :lol:

Can I play a zombie in your game? That'd be definitely be unique.
The Galactus Kid

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

lollercaust

dark brandon
Knight

Therumancer wrote:Actually a couple of other minor suggestions of various quality:

Diary Of The Dead
The Zombie Diaries
Quarentine (recently released theatrically)
Demons
Demons 2

Demons and Demons 2 technically feature possesed people but are in a similar vein to the zombie movies.

Also if you can find John Carpenter's "Prince Of Darkness" that is the movie I believe started the bit with zombies puking on people as a method of attack.

Ghosts of Mars (also by John Carpenter) is a wierd take on the subject featuring people possesed by alien ghosts.

Other people have made some rather complete lists, so this is intended as an addition more than a complete suggested filmography.

I *AM* surprised anyone besides me has even heard of "Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town" or "Red Neck Zombies". Gogo Troma. The first one used to be on USA's "Up all night". :)

>>>----Therumancer--->

Taylor white is a huge horror enthusiast. Just a few weeks ago, we were talking about Troma and how awesomely bad (in a good way) they are. I'm actually more surprised when someone mentions some horror movie and he says "I haven't seen that one yet".
The Galactus Kid

dark brandon wrote:
Therumancer wrote:Actually a couple of other minor suggestions of various quality:

Diary Of The Dead
The Zombie Diaries
Quarentine (recently released theatrically)
Demons
Demons 2

Demons and Demons 2 technically feature possesed people but are in a similar vein to the zombie movies.

Also if you can find John Carpenter's "Prince Of Darkness" that is the movie I believe started the bit with zombies puking on people as a method of attack.

Ghosts of Mars (also by John Carpenter) is a wierd take on the subject featuring people possesed by alien ghosts.

Other people have made some rather complete lists, so this is intended as an addition more than a complete suggested filmography.

I *AM* surprised anyone besides me has even heard of "Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town" or "Red Neck Zombies". Gogo Troma. The first one used to be on USA's "Up all night". :)

>>>----Therumancer--->

Taylor white is a huge horror enthusiast. Just a few weeks ago, we were talking about Troma and how awesomely bad (in a good way) they are. I'm actually more surprised when someone mentions some horror movie and he says "I haven't seen that one yet".

I think I've heard him say that MAYBE twice in my life.

RoadWarriorFWaNK

Therumancer wrote:Quarentine (recently released theatrically)
Demons
Demons 2

oh, dur, I can't believe i forgot these. Yes, all three of those are super bad-ass films.

In my Rifts campaign, I'm actually using the ....demons....zombies....whatever you want to call them from Demons. To great effect, too. One of the few things that actually scares my group is when some of those ******* guys appear.

here's a fun fact: There is a movie titled "Demons 3: The Ogre" that has nothing to do with the first two Demons films. It's about an "ogre" that hides out in the basement of an Italian castle and sexually assaults women. It sucks.
But apparently there is, in fact, a third Demons movie, that I have not seen. I'm making it a point to see it now, though.

Also, Quarantine was based on a Spanish film [REC]. I'm looking for a torrent as we speak.
The Galactus Kid

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
oh, dur, I can't believe i forgot these. Yes, all three of those are super bad-ass films.

In my Rifts campaign, I'm actually using the ....demons....zombies....whatever you want to call them from Demons. To great effect, too. One of the few things that actually scares my group is when some of those **** guys appear.

I don't like those guys.

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:But apparently there is, in fact, a third Demons movie, that I have not seen. I'm making it a point to see it now, though.

Make that three times...

Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

another awesome (somewhat new) zombie movie is Fido. It's got that funny edge like Shaun of the Dead. There's also Versus. While technically not a zombie flick (I don't think any single genre can pin this ADHD flick down) it's got zombies, gun fu, martial arts and an anime-inspired sword fight at the end.
Last edited by Brian Manning on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com

Return to “Dead Reign™”