Halloween Game Recap

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Halloween Game Recap

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Played the game of Dead Reign with the System Failures rules tonight.

Players
Autumn Warren - Freebooter - Lora Merrow
Keith Harris - Exterminator - Kenneth Merrow
They are among a small group of people in the compound who go out when needed.

Date
October, 18th 2013

Starts out at the compound the players live it. The compound is built around a summer camp 60 miles west from the town of Leavenworth in the Cascade mountains of Washington State.

Adventure
The game starts with the players being asked to go to the medic station by the leader. They find and the doctor there plus two others. A few days ago one of them broke his leg. The doctor was able to set it but an infection has set in. They are out of antibiotics and need some to save his life. His sister and the doctor ask the players to go into town and get some meds.

They say yes get their gear and horses to ride into town. They don't want to take the horses all the way into town so plan to leave them at a bar about ten miles out from the town. An extra person comes along to keep an eye on the horses and inspect the pc when they return.

Its an easy walk into town without a problem. About a mile in they see the back of a 12 year old girl. They approach her and she turns on them charging (runner). A well placed head shot takes her down. A few more blocks down the main street some more zombies come out of a grocery store (slouchers) but are quickly taken down.

They finally get to the towns small hospital and see an abounded ambulance in front of the ER with the ER doors wide open. As they walk by the ambulance Autumn is jumped by a sloucher who was in the back. She gets hit once before Keith takes it out with a crowbar to the back of the head. In the ER waiting room is five more zombies (slouchers) but fall easily (rolled 1 on initiative for zombies). They are able to find the requested supplies but Keith skins his knuckles prying the pharmacy door open (rolled a 1).

On the way out they find six more zombies by the ambulance attracted by the commotion. They also fall without much problem (my players kings of head shots). The walk out of town is clear and they get back to the compound. The doc was able to successfully treat the infection and the players get the gratitude of the sister.

Conclusion
It was my first time running a Zombie game and I think it went well. The players had a fun time and we plan to keep playing it.
Last edited by Shawn Merrow on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Halloween Game Recap

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Interesting how you blended Systems Failure with Dead Reign. The story is pretty good as well. :ok: 8)
Shawn Merrow

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

NP! :D Only thing i ask is more updates on your story if you can. 8)
Shawn Merrow

Thinking of the next adventure right now. Also got to flesh out the compund. I plan to base it on a summer camp I went to as a kid. Will post more recaps as they happend.

Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Excellent! I look forward to your future chapters! :D
Shawn Merrow

Nightbreed wrote:Excellent! I look forward to your future chapters! :D

Should be running a game next Wednesday.

Return to “Dead Reign™”