Great 3rd party resource materials

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Great 3rd party resource materials

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I would also suggest buying Zombies!!! by Twilight Creations Inc. You, will not only get a fun board game but a 100 Zombie miniatures.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Shawn Merrow wrote:I would also suggest buying Zombies!!! by Twilight Creations Inc. You, will not only get a fun board game but a 100 Zombie miniatures.

We turn on each other fast when playing that game. But yeah the zombie miniatures are perfect for showing where large groups are threatening the group. I use them when running All Flesh Must be Eaten. I've been chomping at the bit waiting for Dead Reign, though.

Also, World War Z spread around my office like a Zombie outbreak. My brother's office as well, when I loaned it to him. I loved that book, and now that I finally got it back, and Halloween (and Dead Reign) are right around the corner, it's time to read it again.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I'm sure there are probably hundreds of online comics for zombies, but most of them are crap. I'm a fan of the PA genre and this is the only zombie online comic I've found that I've liked:

The Zombie Hunters
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Thank you for posting that Zombie Hunters link. I've just read up to chapter 3, and I'm not being very productive at work, even though I've got a very tight deadline. The art is pretty cool, and I like the story so far.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Jaguar Wong wrote:Thank you for posting that Zombie Hunters link. I've just read up to chapter 3, and I'm not being very productive at work, even though I've got a very tight deadline. The art is pretty cool, and I like the story so far.

Yeah, it's not as serious as some zombie comics and it's somewhat tongue in cheek without being overly comical. But out of all the ones I found while looking for PA comics it's the one Zombie I like and I'm a pretty hard sell for online comics as it's only 1 of 4 that I follow. What I really liked was how the "infected" but not "turned" people still etch out a lively hood of sorts and Charlie adds a really cool twist to the normal Zombie genre.

Goblins: If you know D&D and all it's quirks...then you will have allot of fun with this comic from the Goblins view.

Post Nuke: PA Genre comic that I really started out liking because it was so raw but lately I'm kinda raising an eyebrow at it.

Gone With the Blastwave: Another PA Genre comic taking place in an undisclosed city. The author is very lax on updating it, but man he is funny while at the same time lacing the comics with serious revelations about society. The latest one he has up is probably the worst of the bunch IMO. I love the one about snipers...
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

Gah!!! Heathens!!!! How can no one mention the ultimate Zombie Horror comic of ALL time..DEADWORLD!!!! All hail King Zombie!!!!!!!!! Hail to the King Baby! LOL It'd make a good souce of inspiration for Dead Reign campaigns.That & the Army of Darkness comic is a blast to read ..though less to inspire Dead Reign with.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

To help with maps there is also Google Earth.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

There's one I read a review of in Rue Morgue that I've been meaning to buy, but never have the cash and the book and myslef in the same place at the same time:

Zombie CSI

It takes a fairly serious look at the medical and scientific possibilities of a zombie apocalypse and doesn't assume that the police and millitary are useless future zombie chow.
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.

Return to “Dead Reign™”