buds reaction to america

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

buds reaction to america

Unread post by csbioborg »

Don't you think the bugs caught with there pants down. Imagine you the bug general. Ah Europe nop roblem took out major miliatary they fell easy. Some weapons sure but but low tech and no miliatary to worry about. Heck were ahead of schedul. Austilia no one really there tough but no population, South America no problem

then they get to merica. What is wrong with these people it as if they knew we were coming. Half of them have guns. and there south midwest and mountains seem like they enjoy the challnege. We have even uncovered training manuels One was a movie called red dawn that was apoint by point text on what to do.

America ****Yea
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
LostOne
Champion

Re: buds reaction to america

Unread post by LostOne »

I really doubt they did that great against other parts of the world as well. Europe, probably. But third world war torn countries? There is less tech there, and probably more weapons per person than in the US.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

the thrid world countires don't have th3 combined military and mlitia movement going for them.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

That wouldn't matter its the fact that most third world countries have a lack of an infrastructure for the bugs to move large numbers about. So they would have to go in the hard way. and most 3rd world countries are effing loaded for bear with guns and other weapons.
csbioborg
Champion

do you guys have guns over there? Serious question. I thought it was like England where gagns had knives

THe only place that I'd think wsould have a strong armed population would be in Ireland
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

So do the swiss reservists actually get a swiss army knife issued to them? :P
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

LostOne wrote:I really doubt they did that great against other parts of the world as well. Europe, probably. But third world war torn countries? There is less tech there, and probably more weapons per person than in the US.

This is quite correct. The most developed countries with the most electrical infrastructure would be hit the hardest, aka USA, Western Europe, England and Japan.

Africa has plenty of guns and very little electricity so the Bugs would have their biggest problems there. China and India have growing electrical systems, but mostly clustered in major cities, but their have billions of people to call upon as a resistance - even if that means knives and spears for most of them.

The militias in the US would be useless. Their ignorance and paranoia makes them no better than redneck gangbangers. Instead of any organized resistance, the more likely scenario is tribalism.

My money is on the Bugs.
csbioborg
Champion

you know little about the American militaia movement. THey are at least as ell trained as a national guard unit.

Many of them are ex military who have trained the others in military tactics.

Funny thing fact is the real congressional medal winer that rambo was loosely based off leads a large milita in Montanna

In my experience a large proporion of them are current reservist and law enforcement. We had soe at my reserve unit.

The Africans states have no sense of tactics. Just becasue the bugs might have to walk does not mean they would be able to mount any sort of offense. Look at any of the recent conflicts and tell me if they have a true sense of tactics. Vietnam probaly would have a probaly have a good time as based upon thier 20th centaury struggles
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

csbioborg wrote:Don't you think the bugs caught with there pants down. Imagine you the bug general. Ah Europe nop roblem took out major miliatary they fell easy. Some weapons sure but but low tech and no miliatary to worry about. Heck were ahead of schedul. Austilia no one really there tough but no population, South America no problem

then they get to merica. What is wrong with these people it as if they knew we were coming. Half of them have guns. and there south midwest and mountains seem like they enjoy the challnege. We have even uncovered training manuels One was a movie called red dawn that was apoint by point text on what to do.

America ****Yea

Pfft, America's easy. Dunno too much about Mexico, but once you get north of the Rio Grande you're looking at a modern, pervasive, well-maintained electricity infrastructure that covers an entire continent, with the only inaccessable bits being big tracts of wilderness without any significant human population. The relatively high number of guns floating around will make it a bit trickier than some other modern nations, but it wouldn't be significantly harder to roll than Europe.

The real challenge is going to be elsewhere. Africa, with its patchy and limited power grid and ten thousand civil wars. Central Asia with the same problem. Northern and western China with its backwards economy and huge garrisons of armed Chinese soldiers. Big chunks of southeast Asia full of armed rebel groups. Ditto for big chunks of central and south America.

In all of these places the Bugs are gonna face significant problems that they won't encounter in the United States

1) Low-tech society that won't be significantly disrupted by a sudden loss of electricity except in the major cities.

2) Patchy electricity grid that makes it hard to get around quickly in the rural and wilderness areas where human resistance is strongest.

3) Large standing armies, heavily armed police forces, and heavily armed rebel groups that provide a large pool of weapons and trained soldiers for the human resistance.

4) Relatively unstable governments that stand a good chance of collapsing fairly early in the global crash, which will make it harder for the Bugs to impose their own new order with mind-controlled humans.

Return to “Systems Failure™”