Tools of the trade

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Great new gear Roscoe! Please keep it coming! I'm planning on using it all.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Multi-purpose weapons

The need of multiple attack forms in one package is the Holy Grail
of soldiers and weapon developers, as on the battlefield of the
Megaverse several possible targets are impervious to specific
attacks, especially directed energy weapons, ammo runs out of
slugthrowers, etc.

Incorporating several weapons into one package is an option
(See silverhawk). It is bulky, however.

Having selective ammo capability is also a way, but NE was experimenting
it with some success
http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Rifts/Rifts ... Kinjal.htm

Thought this weapon still suffers from the limited (however gracious)
payload.

The Daisho-10 multiweapon using nanites was the first step by
Bushido Industries, thought it did not entered the military market.

The Kamikaze-series however - while major CAF orders are still
unsure - targeted the military market.

These are dual purpose gravitic accelerators, with some nanote
reconfigurating parts (as well as a self-diagnostic and repair system),
intended to be used by superhuman strenght soldiers, like the
catyr or the seljuk, as well as PA or Borgs.

The weapons basically fire MD slugs, making them a heavy CG railgun.
However, if the user selects another mode, the weapons (after some
recalibration, done automatically) can fire a particle beam.

The large ammo payload and the onboard fusion powerplant
makes the weapons rather bulky, thought most versions also
have CG assistance.

Kamikaze-10A
This is the first member of the family, marketed a decade ago,
without the area effect mode. The new "A" improved version
however can fire a particle beam cone, washing an area with
deadly radiation.
It was designed with light PA in mind.

Weight: 40 kgs empty, 80 kgs loaded, the CG assistance system
reduces this to 5kgs, however the gun is still 176 cms (about 6 feet)
long, making it ungainly in close quarters. Also, since it responds
with a minuscule, but existing lag, users are -1 to dodge.

Damage, range:
- CG railgun: 3d6 MD per slug, or 3d4*10 MD per burst of 20.
range is 1440 m ( 5 kms in space), but can fire - with -2 to strike -
at double this range.
- P-beam: single shot (aimed) 2d4*10MD, "long" blast (burst, taking
4 charges) 5d6*10 MD. Range is 610 meters (1800m in space), but
for half damage (and with a +1 to strike) targets up to 3 times this
range can be attacked. Called shots however are impossible in this
case (as the beam loses coherence), but collateral damage is more
than probable. It can also fire a cone of 50 meters long and 15 meters
wide, doing d4*10 to everything in the area. Larger targets, as force fields
for example suffer greater damage.

RoF:
CG railgun: up to 40 single shots or 5 bursts (but each takes an action!)
per melee

P-beam: 10 single shots (one per action!) or 4 "long" blasts or 3 cones.

Switching firing modes: it takes 5-8 seconds for the weapon to reconfigure
itself (3-4 actions for a tipical user, GM's call)

Payload:
Railgun: the weapon has 4 compartments, each for 200 slugs. Yes,
one can pack different ammo, like silver. Switching between
compartments takes about a second (-1 to initiative).

P-beam: the capacitors (actually 6 e-clips) hold enough juice for
48 single shots or 12 long impulses or 8 cones. However, the
built-in fusion generator recharges the cells at the rate of 2 charges
(2 single, 1/2 long, 1/3 cone) per melee.
Several trigger happy armorers were experimenting with a "fast-loader",
which can change all 6 clips with one move, so reload is possible
in 3 melee actions, but this is not advised.

Price: older models, without the cone mode cost around 230.000 credits,
or about 180.000 used (but not manufactured anymore). The "A" model
costs 300.000 credits.
A cyberlink, both for targeting and controlling the CG assistance can
be attached, costing aroung 80-100.000 credits. This greatly reduces
the lag (no dodge penalty) and adds a +2 to strike.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Aramanthus
Monk

Excellent weapon KLM! Do you have a company name in Phase World who produce this weapon? Or at least some idea who you would like to produce it? I'm just curious.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

My bad, but I thought that it is clear, that the Bushido Industries
(from the Bushi Federation) manufactures them.

Maybe I will later add some more members of the product line,
as well as some "field feedbacks" on their performances.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Aramanthus
Monk

Sorry I didn't realise it. Please forgive my mistake!

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Re: Tools of the trade

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Auto-Feeder: An idea that started off as a horrible practical joke on a juicer, that has since taken on a life of its own. Instead of drugs, this juicer harness injects sugar water into the veins of the user, allowing them to survive without eating or drinking. Each bag will hold enough fluidic nutrients for three days use. Basic cost is 300 credits, and can be worn underneath your cloths; the deluxe version comes with a catheter as well, so you don't need to use the bathroom costs an extra 50 credits, extra bags (both kind) cost another 25 credits apiece.

Nano-Bugs: This Hartigal Combine item is NOT, as the name suggests, immeasurably tiny, but rather uses nanite to accomplish its mission. Each bug is roughly the size of a quarter and as thick as a piece of construction paper, and has a universal glue (latches onto anything, guaranteed) that will last for up to 6 months before dissolving. Once placed, it will automatically assume the color and texture of whatever it is placed upon, allowing it an automatic prowl of 98% (only check it somebody is making a determined VISUAL or tactile check of the area), and it is made out of sensor resistant material, so all electronic bug sweeps are done at -20%. Range of audio sensor is a max of 50 feet, but will transmit it clear as a bell, video feed is far poorer, only ten feet of adequate range, but the POV can be changed up to ninety degrees in any direction. Can only broadcast to its receiver at a range of 500 feet, unless you brought some signal boosters along, each booster gives the signal another 500 foot boost. Has a six month power cell, but has the ability to leech power out of the background radiation and ambient energy (if in a highly charged area), allowing it to double or triple its lifespan. Each bug costs 5,000 credits (includes a custom made receiver, cannot be used with another bug and vice-versa), and each booster costs 1,000 credits.

Blood Bane: An item offered by Naruni Enterprises, one that is both loved and loathed by the assassin crowd. A custom made, biological agent that is very successful at killing its target; the downside is that the agent needs to be based off of a genetic template (blood, hair, skin, etc) to work properly. If you can get that close, you can just stab them or whatnot, so why bother with an expensive poison, right? Wrong, this is VERY effective at its job; once customized for a target, that individual is at an incredible -8 to save vs. lethal poison, and it deals 1d4x10 damage per melee round for up to five minutes (and even if the individual manages to save, the poison will still do 3/4's damage not 1/2). The dose can be administered through an aerosol, though contact (like a handshake, hidden in a handkerchief, etc), ingested, injected, or any other manner of contact. One dose, for one target, costs 25,000 credits, assuming that target is a mortal being. For supernatural beings (will not affect adult dragons or any being more powerful than a demi/godling) the cost is doubled. More than one target can be specified up to a total of five, but the cost increases by 50,000 credits for each additional target. It can even be made to reject entire bloodlines, though that it extremely pricey, over five MILLION credits per single dose; species or sub races cannot be specified, thankfully it is limited to family members.

Kinetic Cannons: A type of experimental gun that has recently come onto the market by HC, designed to disable and stun, rather then kill. It was 'invented' by a rather dim research assistant that slapped together a bunch of rather interesting looking doo-dads, and turned them on. Once he was pieced back together, and an inventory taken of what he had used (the explosion was rather large and violent, you see), the ones in charge saw an interesting item, and threw it into production on a limited basis (and with a warning that it isn't fully tested, use with caution). Uses a micronized and focused contra-gravity engine to shoot a 'bullet' of solid gravity at the target, resulting in a sudden and violent flight backwards.

On the low setting it does a measly 2d4 damage with a range of 400 feet, on medium it does 3d6+4 with a range of 250 feet, and on high (or 'puddle', as its unofficially called) does 2d6x10 to organic creatures, half that to nonliving beings/structures, at a range of 100 feet. Being hit by a 'low' bullet will throw you back 10-15 feet, and halve your speed and PP bonuses (if any), a medium round will throw you back 25-30 feet and quarter you speed and PP, a heavy round will throw you 50-60 feet, and pin you to the ground for one melee round (residual effect of the grav-round). If you strike any object while being thrown back, you and the object will both take half damage from the type of bullet used. Low rounds can be used to launch objects weighing up to 100 pounds through the air (people included, if they weigh more than that or are tied down, they are just jolted, loose on attack for this melee, and are -1 to all combat rolls), medium rounds can launch items weighing up to 300 pounds (same conditions as the low round if heavier), and heavy can actually launch one metric ton of weight (even if you weigh more, you must make a save vs. lethal poison to avoid blacking out from the shock). Items up to twice the weigh listed can be pushed along the floor, for half the length listed previously (a 300 pound man/object could be moved 5-14.5 feet, etc). The low setting can be fired as fast as you can pull the trigger with no detriment, the medium setting uses up two attacks (but cannot be fired more than three times a melee round), and heavy can only be used once per minute without overloading/heating the unit.

The item looks rather like a flamethrower mated with a bazooka. It has a large backpack unit (the CG drive and fuel source) with a thick but flexible cable snaking out of it, leading to the actual weapon. It consists of a basic rifle body, with a series of fiddly knobs and buttons on the top and sides, and a wide, menacing looking barrel. Before the unit can be fired, the reactor (yes, that is correct, a miniature nuclear reactor is built into the unit) has to heat up, takes half a melee round. Due to the massive weight of the unit, and the unbalanced nature of the 'wand' portion, dodging is done at -3, and strike is -2, but within a few generations that should be fixed. These prototype weapons are rather temperamental, they have a base chance of 2% of simply failing to work each time they are fired (triple for heavy rounds due to the drain on power). It should be noted that the casing of the backpack is very tough, 50 M.D.C. incase it gets taken into heavy combat (though one should NEVER use this as a shield), but repairs cost four times the normal, and take three times longer due to the sensitive nature of its contents.

The KC each weigh about 40-45 pounds, and are rather large and bulky, inflicting the above mentioned penalties, as well as -5% to all physical activities (climbing, sneaking, etc.), and doubling your fatigue rate (large and unwieldy, remember?). Carrying or wearing them for a prolonged period of time (45+minutes) will cause intense burning and aching in the shoulders, as well as the pins and needles sensations along the arms and shoulders due to blood circulation being impinged upon. Currently, each KC costs roughly 165,000 credits a pop, due to the specialized parts needed to create them (though they have effectively unlimited ammo, due to a nuclear reactor that will last 15 years), though this should be reduced to about 100,000 credits once it has been field-tested properly (add another 50 pounds to each weight class and double the range too).

That's all I've got off this ambush of ideas, hope you guys like...
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Grav-Fetter---Grav Fetters are oversized megadamage shackles that contain gravitic generators and are used to offset the weight of the prisoner wearing them...Grav-Fetters are typically hard-chained together, but powered by broadcast power from an external source...so they don't run out of power, nor, if outside power is cut, do they become ineffective(at least as shackles). Grav-Fetters are typically used to hold a prisoner suspended, usually in an awkward or painful position(such as their arms suspended overhead or feet lifted completely off the ground), keeping them from moving about...Some types of Grav-Fetters have a tractor-link, allowing the suspended prisoner to be towed about by attendant guards for transport. Depending on the technology used, some grav-fetters are designed to be mutually repulsive of special lining materials incorporated into the structure of the prison or transport ship(so even if power is cut off, the prisoner will remain helplessly suspended in the center of the cell).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:Self-tightening suspenders for the laborers of the universe.

**GGHHHRRRAAANNNKKKKK!!!!!**

"Great Zeus! Rog's power-suspensors just malfed! Somebody get the company doc down here right away!!!"
"Hestia all-compassionate! The poor guy's knees are in his armpits! And we'll need the cutters to get through the cloth! He always did put too much starch in his overalls!"
:D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are some awesome ideas. I'm glad to see this thread come back to the top. Welcome back Roscoe!

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Construction workers pack:
A downgraded personal force field and a CG "jetpack" in one set.
The three main functions are:

1, Safety: the system can deflect debris, bricks, whatever...
However, it is unable to defend the user from directed energy weapons,
and even hypersonic slugs from railguns are too fast for the system
to react. On the other hand, you can safely stand under a falling piano.

2, Movement. Ie: flight. Very handy when cleaning skyscraper windows.

3, Hauling: connecting the four "pads" included in the set, the wearer can
lift objects up to 2 tons.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

Aramanthus
Monk

That is a totoally useful piece of gear KLM! Something that was over looked.

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Depending on relative speed, but probably yes.

It is also useless against cosmic radiation, solar flares, you name it.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

taalismn
Priest

Rad-Coccoon---A quick-deploy spray-on polymer goo that hardens into a full-coverage shield(similar to a forest firefighter's thermal 'pod'), protecting against thermal damage and radiation..includes a personal beacon to allow rescuers to find you...Frequently issued to worlds where radiation storms and fallout clouds frequently endanger outdoor workers, as well as spacestation workers in areas with inadequate solar flare protection....Takes about 30 seconds to autodeploy, and is best used with EBA or self-contained life support of some sort...Various grades of protection are available, from 1 MDC 'quick foam' to a more rugged metal-impregnated 'foam-crete' with 50 or more MDC that can be used to sculpt roomier 'igloos'...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Darkmax wrote:so a worker on the outside of a space station would need a form of deflector

More like a full PA.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

Aramanthus
Monk

That is a cool creation Taalismn! Any idea of what that would cost in phase world credits? What do you think of 100 credits?

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

I would say that the simplest, disposable rad-cocoon (which is actually SDC and offers virtually no
protection against anything, except the weather - that includes fallout and severe storms however)
would cost like 20-40 credits on average and depending on the market.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

Aramanthus
Monk

Makes sense KLM, probably the walmart brand. But would that be actually able to provide enough protection against radiation storms?

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Providing defense from radiation, wind, etc... Quite possible to make from rather soft materials, which
would melt from a laser or put holes into it with bullets.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

Aramanthus
Monk

That must be for an emergency response in case the acceleration compensator for the ship failed. Otherwise everyone would be able to be sponged off of the bulkholds.

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Darkmax wrote:that reminds me.... airbag for personal spaceships!..... it doesn't buffer one from the impact, it envelops the person in a bubble of air for a certain period of time.

Advanced version has an air-recycling filter.

Actually, it feels like an accessory for space-capable PA's.

"Bubble up", fill it with air, leave the PA, move your limbs, perform field repairs and
maybe ammo reload, then dress up, pack up, leave.

Same for larger vessels.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Bit of an eeevil one here, so bear with me.

Nueral inhibiters: Combination collars/armbands and injected/eaten drugs, mainly used to keep psionic and magical abilities in check. When used correctly (and in conjunction), they give the user a blissfully unaware and generally happy outlook onlife, and cannot concetrate enough to use any mental abilities. At most they can use ONE level one spell after an hour of concentration or one low level psionic ability (TK, telepethy, mind block, etc, non-offensive). To do this, every ten minutes they must make a save vs. lethal poison at -3, and all six saves must be succesful to use that ability or spell. One hour of useage will run off of a standard e-clip. Collar/armbands cost 25,000 credits, and 5,000 credits per dose of the drugs. If a subject is restrained in such a manner for more than a week, they must also begin to make saves vs insanity twice a day or risk becomming addicted to the feelings from the drugs and the collars. If they fail more than five times in a week, they become addicted.

Range Finder: A comprehensive bionic add on to your weapons systems, will automatically find the range, velocity, and trajectory of your target. Increases the maximum range of your onboard weapon by 10%, and grants a natural +1 to strike (the computer partially compensates for the target movements). Cost is roughly 3,500 credits plus installation costs. Very fragile, must be extended across the eyes or along the barrel of the weapon to be effective, otherwise it is useless. Due to the sensitive and tempermental nature of the implant, it is only effective with weapons that are likewise grafted to the users body, (rifles, hand guns, grenade launchers, etc. cannot use this, sorry).

Cranium Can (taken off of Schlock Mercenary): If the subject has recieved fartal wounds, their head can be removed and placed in a pre-prepared case full of special chemicals and military-medical class nanites. The subject is kept in a form of suspended animation, asleep but alive. The fuel and chemical store is good for two weeks before it runs out, swapping the whole shebang out takes only thirty seconds by trained personnel or three times that for newbies, cell damage and brain death takes three minutes. Theoretically, there is no limit to the time that a subject can be kept in the Can, but after more than four months there is a marked drop in the patients chance of emerging safely. Those who spend too long in the Can tend to have violent, psychotic (nearly homocidal, actually) breakdowns once they are removed, do to the lack of REM sleep while stored. Cost for one unit is 15,000 credits, nutrient and power pack is 1,500 credits; once a Can has been used, it needs to be thrown out, the nanites won't work properly for any other person, and the risk of infection grows exponentially by the hour.

And one more, on the subject of airbags. Air bag for airborn PA, the Crash Bag. In case the PA is shot down, the power is taken off line, or for some other reason, if it looks like a potentially fatal fall is immenint, the bags will deploy, surrounding the PA in a, inflatable womb, cutting impact damage to one-tenth normal. Not effective against other forms of impact, or other types of damage (though having a tower fall on one or being hit by a meteor might trigger it). Unfortunatly, it is still new, and not all the bugs have been worked out of it. A good, top if the line, brand-spanking-new system will only require a natural roll of 10 or better to see a succesful deployment of the Crash Bags, older/cheaper versin or knock offs will require a natural 15 or better (first gen version were horrible, natural 18 or higher).

My ambush of ideas has run its course, post more when my muse hits me wiht annother barrage.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice new gear Roscoe! I hope it keeps coming.

Nano Factory: Capable of repairing and replenishing various power armors that are attached to sepecial hook ups. The raw materials are introduced via containers on one side. The nanites enter the power armor and repair the damage it has sustained in combat. The process takes twelve hours to complete the repairs. The nano factory is two meters by two meter cube. Cost: 10,000,000 credits

I might have to up this cost.

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:
Nueral inhibiters: (...) One hour of useage will run off of a standard e-clip. (...)

For to keep an adult dragon zoned out? :lol:

An E-clip should power such a device for days if not weeks - after all, the power need
is not much more than it is needed in a diskman.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

Aramanthus
Monk

Why not call it the dream catcher!

Why do you have to have a non-humanoid head? It's a very cool device though. I know I could use one once in awhile!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

So there doesn't need to be a non-humanoid to use this device? It's an interesting device.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I figured it wasn't very big. Size makes sense.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That is very true! And you said that in your description too.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

And you'd have to learn to seperate from it for prolonged periods of time to avoid addiction.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Pretty cool! :D How much are you charging for one?

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Hmmm...power it up a little using the Heroes Unlimited climate/environment/elemental control abilities...Super power cybernetic implants and bionics have yet to be plumbed as a category...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a very interesting twist on it Taalismn! Great one. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

What about grav cars? Maybe we could come up with a large variety of them.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Contra-grav cars Darkmax! We are talking Phase World. If you want yours to be gray that is your choice! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I figured that you had! :D What do you think of that idea? We work on a series of cars found in Phase World setting.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Those could be some of them. I was thinking along the cars seen in Fifth Element as an example of what I'm talking about.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That could be thrown in there too. We'd have to lay it out properly. Remember no conversions!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Just carry the company forward a few hundred years and walah! We have some new vehicles!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Why couldn't it survive to go there! Lets be optimist! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

We'll just say that the major ones are still around. Come on let's rock! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:Ah! The Chinese Junk Restaurant!

Rifts: China 2: Heroes of China
The Geofront has Hover-Junks listed and stated(apparently, pre-Rifts, the design was seen as a solution to boat overcrowding ...stack 'em vertically instead...or as luxury transports)...THat can easily become the basis of a roving business...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Just watch out for falling debris and other more horrifying materials! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I was hoping they'd do that in a bucket before they dumped it overboard. :shock:

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

But we are hoping they do in an advanced society like Phase World! :shock: :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Reprocessing yes. Food no! Detoxified fertilizer for hydroponic gardens.... yes! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Phase Gloves--Rumored to exist, but available only from the Prometheans, these heavy insulated gloves supposedly allow the wearer to reach into and thru solid materials...Effective range of the gloves is limited to about 18 inches(the gloves cover a fair amount of forearm), and can be used to pull items out through the intervening material(the objects must be able to fit in the palm of the glove, with the fingers clenched). Gloves have 20 charges, each charge lasting 5 minutes, before the phase-battery needs recharging. Costs about 400,000 credits. Popular with surgeons, mechanics, and, of course criminals, such as safecrackers and the occasional pickpocket and break-in artist.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:And those old men who love to get their hands on the ladies undies.... from under them....

Hence...Panty Mines...

"Ahh....black lace and amitol...AMITOL?!!!"
*BOOM*
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

KLM wrote:
Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:
Nueral inhibiters: (...) One hour of useage will run off of a standard e-clip. (...)

For to keep an adult dragon zoned out? :lol:

An E-clip should power such a device for days if not weeks - after all, the power need
is not much more than it is needed in a diskman.

Adios
KLM

Whoops! Ya caught me :oops: red handed on that one. It was supposed to read "one week's usage will run off a standard e-clip. It also has an extra port, so you can jack in a new clip/drug supply without interrupting the current flow, and it has a plug in for portable power sources (generators off of nuclear power machines, etc)."
Copied an old version off of my computer instead of the one I meant to, sorry about that guys.

Universal Law Unit: Not a peace-keeping unit, or assault robot, or anything of that kind, but rather a palm sized computer. It contains the laws for all of the civilized areas under the control of a specific race. Has a screen on it, and an audio response for those who can't read. Cost is 5,000 credits, comes with any five species/governments of choice.

Compensated Night vision: After the Jesh Kr've offered the Hartigal Combine sanctuary and amnesty on their planet (as a colossal 'screw you' to Naruni Enterprises), they came up with a few interesting and exclusive options, this is one of them. Its basically normal night vision goggles, with a few add-ons. One is true depth perception (some of the models on the market mess with it, creating spatial nausea and in-ability to accurately judge distance), and the other is moderated light input. As the light passes through the device, it either boosts or dims the light before passing it on to the recipient, so they will not be blinded by a sudden influx of light. Cost is negligible, only 2,000 credits for the average Jesh Kr've; a few devices have managed to find their way onto the black market and they go for about ten times that.

Inertial Sinks: A device that can only be installed on the largest of ships (carriers, heavy destroyers, and such, 1,000 tons minimum), but can grant some interesting possibilities. Roughly the size of a Grey-hound bus, and installed near the engines or power-plant, this device will allow the ship to safely stop instantly, no matter the speed they had been traveling before hand. Each device is capable of absorbing up to one light speed, so if you had 20 units you could stop if you were going 20 times light speed. One device costs a minimum of 250,000 credits on the open market (very rare, almost as rare as rune weapons, very often bidding wars will take place for this item), and takes at least one week to install and check (don't want to take off and find out its faulty), comes with an unlimited lifetime warranty (good for the ships life or 500 years). However, any damage to the engines or power plant can damage the I-Sink (10% chance) and knock it off line (requires a trip back to one of three installation facilities); the I-Sink only has, despite its massive size and weight, 2,500 S.D.C., and takes double damage from impact attacks.

Ambient Power Source: An item that is simultaneously an offensive weapon and defensive resource, very odd, and another exclusive item from the Hartigal Combine. The Jesh Kr've are one of the few races actually able to use this, as its essentially a nuclear generator that pumps out an immense amount of power. This power floods though the area (roughly a 50 foot sphere) and will power any hand-held energy weapon that has the special receptor installed. Without the receptor, the weapons are unable to tap into the energy provided, and fire normally; with the receptor, they can draw upon the APS, and effectively have unlimited energy to use.
The amount of energy being emitted would fry most beings within minutes (1d4x10 S.D.C. per melee round), but the Jesh Kr've are unaffected and enthralled with this device. One unit would cost 50,000 credits on the open market, but so far none have even been seen, let alone made it out of Jesh Kr've hands. One fuel rod (2,000 credits) is enough to power the unit for an entire year of continuous use. The whole unit is roughly the size of a mini-fridge, and weighs 50 pounds, comes with handles in places for convenient carrying.

Thats all I've got for now, more later.

taalismn
Priest

That literally puts the 'walk' in 'Walkman'...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Multi-Bio-Link could be popular with mass-audience performances..the more enthusiastic the crowd, the bigger and better the special effects powered by their bio-energy...of course, then you risk some folks literally moshing themselves to death because they give it their all(maybe even deliberately as a way of 'going out' at the height of the concert)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:Yes, that is a great idea! ..... Now this is a way to resolve our ever increasing need for energy! :D

Well, they're experimenting with 'kinetic powered streetlights' for instance...rubberized sidewalks that convert the shock of people running down them into light for LED streetlamps...so I could easily see nightclubs with similar impact-conversion panels in the dance floor...the more dancers/harder dancing, the more power you generate for the fancy dance lights...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”