Sniper Teams

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lather
Champion

Sniper Teams

Unread post by lather »

We know what our sniper teams carry. How do you handle them?

I make the spotter a Pointman as a primary MOS. Usually. I have had the spotter a Sniper MOS but the team needs some serious Point man skills nonetheless I think.

What about secondary MOS?

I have used all of the following for secondary MOS for my sniper teams. I try to mix them up because it is only a two man team but I have used Sniper/Point and Point/Sniper in the past.

Sniper: Point, RTO, Intelligence
Spotter: Sniper, RTO, Intelligence

Snipers are perfect intel gatherers because of their long range observation capabilities. The Mission Director has an awesome force multiplier, intel collection asset, and scouting unit in a single sniper team. Being two guys in the thick of enemy territory, scarey business.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Depends what type of sniper team you are trying to emulate, but generally the spotter is also a fully qualified sniper.

If you are trying ffor the sniper scout style class, then you need a Pointman and an Intelelgence Man and some radio training.

If you are trying for more of a dedicated marksman, then you can throw any sort of MOS combo in there.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

I have played them all and I enjoy the observers the most, I think.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

One thign Recon seems to ignore is that t is possible to acquire additional MOSes later in your career through additional training.

So a Scout/Sniper character will have both the pointman and sniper MOSes, but will also probably pick up Intell or Radio (with both skills being represented in the team).

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Yea that is left out of the rules.

Our characters usually last long enough to pick up another MOS. But it never came up. If we need an RTO we just roll one up and stick him in the unit.

But if the sniper team does not have a security element near by it would be good to have a even more diverse sniper team.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I say they are rotated stateside for retraining.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”