First Day Volunteering at the Warehouse 4-30-2007

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

:puke: How filthy are the Palladium bathrooms that they require several hours worth of work?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Thanks Laz. Thats awesome. I also have to agree with you that Tony is a GREAT guy. Hopefully more people will be able to shoot the breeze with ot only him, but the other Palladium guys too. Hank, Al, Jules, and everybody else there is great.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Thanks Laz. Thats awesome. I also have to agree with you that Tony is a GREAT guy. Hopefully more people will be able to shoot the breeze with ot only him, but the other Palladium guys too. Hank, Al, Jules, and everybody else there is great.

But not me. I'm a foul git. :demon:

(Though I'm way better than Brandon at foosball.)

Wayne Smith
Palladium Books
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Wayne Smith wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Thanks Laz. Thats awesome. I also have to agree with you that Tony is a GREAT guy. Hopefully more people will be able to shoot the breeze with ot only him, but the other Palladium guys too. Hank, Al, Jules, and everybody else there is great.

But not me. I'm a foul git. :demon:

(Though I'm way better than Brandon at foosball.)

I have to disagree. However, last year you seemed to appear and disappear into the office and whatever secret passage system you guys have in that place.

*points at Wayne* Like a giant-size Ooompa-loompa, that one. :lol:

Hopefully this year I won't have to corner you in your office to shoot the breeze. :D

BTW- Thanks for straightening out my time-slot, I am very much obliged. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Who let him out? er, I mean, uh, he should have been shown to the 'special room' for Interns.....

Alex Marciniszyn :P
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

whoa. just wait a minute there, Mr. Smith. If I'm not mistaken, YouI handed me myyou your hindquarters in a handbasket last time I was there. My lame excuse Its a shame I may not be able to do so again this time around will be thatsince I'm recovering from a broken left hand, but I'll do my best to not be as pathetic as usual school you in humility.

Fixed it for you, Bubbles. -- WMS
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

All a y'all are pathetic at foose! None of you can do the patented move, 'The Demoralizer' (of Interactive Intelligence Inc. fame)! That's where you smack the ball into your opponent's goal so hard that it goes through the bottom of the table twists around, and comes back out your own goal...and it's common where I used to work.

That place has a status for one's phone to say one is off playing fooseball. Yes - they're THAT psycho about it.

Unfortunately, I suck cold rocks when playing foose...but I have fun!

:ok:

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
erc1971
Wanderer

Re: First Day Volunteering at the Warehouse 4-30-2007

Unread post by erc1971 »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:Unlike Mr. Galactus Kid I don't get my own forum to post in so I thought I would catalogue my experiences volunteering here on the Open House Forum.

I arrived at the warehouse at about 10:15am this morning and was greeted by Kevin, Hank, Wayne, Alex, Tony, and Julius. It was really great to spend about half an hour just talking to these guys.

Kevin handed me off to Tony, a really great guy to hang out with by the way, and we went out back and started prepping behind the warehouse for visitors. It is a really beautiful day here in Wayne County but it is going to rain tonight.

Next I helped move some product around in the warehouse. There is something a little humbling about being surrounded by all if those books.

After that I got into the big project. As many of you know I am a maintenance supervisor by trade, so Kevin asked me if I would give the restrooms in the warehouse a serious scrubbing. Some people may say, "hey Josh why do you want to clean restrooms on your vacation?" what I have to say to that is, it's what I do well.

I made a good dent and at 1:30pm Tony took me out to lunch and we had a blast. If anyone gets a chance to shoot the breeze with him I highly recommend it.

After lunch I continued working on the restrooms until about 3:30. I really made a good dent in things, and I should have them all done tomorrow.

Today was a real hoot, and I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

:)

I see you inherited my job ;)

Let me explain...

I live 30 minutes away from Palladium, so I volunteered to help out on the 25th and 26th to help them get ready for the open house.

Unfortunately Tony's plans for the 25th were rained out - he had planned to have me out back, but it was rather mushy back there, as it had been rainy here for some time. I wasn't able to get much done that day, but Alex and I did do a bit of straightening out in the warehouse (and it was great to shoot the breeze with him while we worked), and I was able to do a bit of misc. work here and there. Hank was not in the building either day I was there, but I did get to meet Kevin, Wayne, Alex, Julius and Tony. All of them were great guys, and it was obvious to me they were willing to go above and beyond to ensure Palladium hung around ;)

I talked with Kevin for a bit when I first arrived, he even said I looked familiar - so he did vaguely remember me from the times in the past I was able to meet him 8) After things were finished up on Wednesday, I spent some time chatting with Tony and Julius. Even though Tony is not a gamer now a days - back when he met Kevin, he was ;) - working with him really did make all the hard work I had coming the next day much more fun. Julius is a true and blue gamer to the core. A great guy, and I really enjoyed having time to chat with him one on one.

Thursday I finally was able to get some work done. When I arrived at 8:45 AM - Kevin was the only one in the building, he had stayed overnight and had been working since 6:30 AM :eek: I wonder how many cups of coffee he drinks a day? :lol: Tony arrived about that time, and we drove the cube truck out to pick up a floor scrubber. It took me until 6PM - but, I was able to run that thing over the entire warehouse (though we didn't move the pallets or the shipping racks, and I kept it a few feet away from the books on display - spraying water all over mint books would have been bad!). The poor scrubber didn't have enough battery life for the marathon run I gave it - in the end it was barely moving, just enough to finish up. Kevin was really appreciative of the help I had provided, and made sure to thank me despite his extremely busy schedule.

It was alot of fun working with them, and surely an experience I won't ever forget. (Thanks guys for letting me be a part of this!) Everyone seemed very satisfied with the progress towards getting this year's open house ready, and from what I can tell, it is going to be even better than last year's (which was the best convention I have ever been to in my life!).

Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"

Return to “Palladium Open House”