Effects of high PPE worlds on magic spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Should Rifts PPE levels enhance some characteristic of non damage related spells?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 11

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Actually in the origional Rifts book proximity to ley lines and nexus points improved range and duration as well as damage, so it does really.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Kevin Beckman wrote:I find it particularly odd that powering wards and circles cost more in Rifts Earth than Palladium.

Yea that is bizarr, i dont have the second edition to get a good comparison of how much more but perhaps it is because magic on rifts is for the most part new and rough, meaning we force magic to work because tehre is so much of it as opposed to the refined art that is magic in palladium.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The easyest thing would probibly be to ether rasie the
save vs magic or cut the cost of teh spell.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My thought is that they simply hadn't converted PFRPG over to PPE, yet, and when they did, they decided to go with a lower cost... component magics are usually pretty cheap for what they can do.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”