Techno wizard Arrows

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Techno wizard Arrows

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Ok, I've been watching JLA allot and my Cyber Knight has an obscene PP and has spent like three skill selections on WP archery, culminating in a +17 to hit and 8 attacks at 6th level (without boxing or elven heritage), so here is some green arrow inspired single use TW arrows. All arrows have 0 activation cost.

Each one uses a spell then burns itself out, caster level is considered first.

Blinding flash Arrow
, Uses one carat quartz (60 credits), 4 PPE to construct, 1 hour fifteen minutes to make, 100 credits to construct*, 3 hours to draw up blueprints. Equal to a first level blinding flash spell with the 3 extra PPE spent to increase save difficulty. Save: yes, -1 to save against.

Cloud of smoke Arrow, Uses one carat Smokey quartz (150 credits), 2 PPE to construct, two and a half hours to make, 170 Credits to build*, three hours to draw up schematics. Creates a 30'/30'/30'cloud of smoke for four rounds. Save: no

Globe of Daylight Arrow, Uses a 0ne Carat Quartz (60 credits), 2 PPE to construct, Two and a Half hours to make, 85 Credits to build*, three hours to Draw up Schematics. Creates a globe of daylight at impact spot for 12 rounds. Save: no

Flareburst** Arrow
, uses a one credit Quartz (60 credits)***, 2 PPE to Construct, two and a half hours to make, 85 credits to build*, three hours to draw up schematics. Shoots a bright flare into the sky like a signal flare, light lasts for one minute. Save: no

Befuddle Arrow, Uses a one carat blue ruby (18000 credits), 6 PPE to construct, 50 minutes to create, 18060 credits to create*, three hours to draw up schematics, Befuddles the target for two minutes. Save: yes

Extinguish Fire Arrow, Uses a one Carat Smokey quartz (300 credits)***, 4 PPE to construct, one hour fifteen minutes to make, 340 credits to make*, extinguishes all fires for a 50 foot radius. Save: no

Slam Arrow**, Use a normal Opal (500 credits)***, 5 PPE to construct, one hour to build, 550 credits to build*, deals 1d6X10 sdc damage plus secondary effects, see spell for details.

Float in Air Arrow, uses a one Carat Zircon (3500 Credits), 5 PPE to Construct, one hour to make, 3550 credits to create*, Causes to target to float for 10 rounds, causing penalties. Save: none

Light Target Arrow, Uses a one Carat Quartz (60 credits), 6 PPE to construct, 50 minutes to make, 120 credits to make*, Causes the Target to Glow for two minutes. Save: yes.

Orb of Cold Arrow , Uses a one Carat Garnet (1000 credits), 6 PPE to construct, 50 minutes to make, 1060 credits to make*, deals 3d6 Mega damage and save for numbing effects.

Blind Arrow
, Uses a Tiger eye (3000 credits), 6 PPE to Create, 50 minutes to make, 3060 credits to make*, Blinds the target as spell for one minute. Save: yes.

Carpet of Adhesion Arrow, Uses an amethyst (400 credits) 10 PPE to Create, one hour to create, 500 credits to create*, creates a carpet of adhesion for 10 rounds. Save: see spell.

Energy field Arrow, Requires a ruby Quartz (300 credits), 10 PPE to create, one hour to create, 400 credits to create*, creates a 60 MDC force field around the Target. Save: none.

Magic Net Arrow
, Requires a amethyst (400 credits), 7 PPE to construct, one hour to create, 470 credits to create*, wraps the target in a magic net for two rounds if the dodge is failed. Save: dodge only.

Trance Arrow
, Requires a black opal (600 credits), 10 PPE to construct, one hour to create, 700 credits to make*, puts the target into a trance state for five minutes. Save: yes.

Starburst Arrow
**, Uses a Quartz (60 credits)***, 12 PPE to Construct, one hour to create, 180 credits to create*, Deals 3d6 MDC plus blinding effects. Save: see spell.

* cost to create includes gem costs
** combat mage spell, see Mercenary adventures.
*** for the life of me I could not see the gem this spell is attached to so I guestimated.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

well lets see, and e-clip recharge costs 1500 credits, A pistol that does 3d6MDC gets 10 shots per e-clip so each shot is 150 credits, so a starburst arrow costs nearly the same as using your pistol, plus it blinds plus it gets your full PP bonus.

you do the math.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

basicly, yes it is expensive, but not that bad... if you have a TW in your party... Like I do :P .

now a firebolt arrow would be obscene, 19000 creds for the gem! :shock:
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Misfit KotLD wrote:The TW should be able to recharge your E-clips too.

you are thinking mystic knight, TW's need a doo-dad to recharge e-clips.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Also a TW can salvage 5% per level+1d6X10% of the value of the arrow to re-use the parts in another arrow...
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

what I am saying is that it is an innate ability for a MK to recharge an e-clip, but Techno wizards need to actually invent and build an e-clip recharger.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

It should be possible to use a Topaz (200 credits) instead of a Ruby (19000) to make a Firebolt Arrow, it would require a Fire Warlock to energize the arrow with the spell. still, 240 credits for a firebolt arrow makes more sense than 19040 credits for a firebolt arrow...
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

rat_bastard wrote:basicly, yes it is expensive, but not that bad... if you have a TW in your party... Like I do :P .

These arrows should be converted to multi use following the rules in RUE. Have it be a little MDC cylinder or ball with a hole and clamp on it. break off or unscrew the head of your arrow and attach the TW head and fire.

It would be like a bow propelled multi use TW grenade.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Thinyser wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:basicly, yes it is expensive, but not that bad... if you have a TW in your party... Like I do :P .

These arrows should be converted to multi use following the rules in RUE. Have it be a little MDC cylinder or ball with a hole and clamp on it. break off or unscrew the head of your arrow and attach the TW head and fire.

at that point I would just mod the bow...
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

rat_bastard wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

Too bad your an elf and cannot become a T-archer...
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Thinyser wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

Human Cyberknight, I was pointing out that I had those bonuses without Boxing and elven heritage...
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

rat_bastard wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

Human Cyberknight, I was pointing out that I had those bonuses without Boxing and elven heritage...
Ah I thought you meant to say that you were an elf and had boxing but that the 8 was without those...
oops
:oops:

Well cyberknights can get magick tattoos so i guess in theory at least you could get captured by the splugorth, made into a T-archer, and then escape. :D

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Due to certain back-story considerations Dev will not be getting magik tattoos for any reason. She's an escaped Splugorith slave and Tattoos mean you are property to her...
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

rat_bastard wrote:Due to certain back-story considerations Dev will not be getting magik tattoos for any reason. She's an escaped Splugorith slave and Tattoos mean you are property to her...

If she is an escaped splugie slave already it is likely that she would have at least a handfull of tattoos.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Thinyser wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:Due to certain back-story considerations Dev will not be getting magik tattoos for any reason. She's an escaped Splugorith slave and Tattoos mean you are property to her...

If she is an escaped splugie slave already it is likely that she would have at least a handfull of tattoos.

no, she was never meant to be a combat slave and there really are not allot of good geisha tattoos.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

rat_bastard wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

no, she was never meant to be a combat slave and there really are not allot of good geisha tattoos.

Summon Snake?
Simple Weapon: Fan?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

MrNexx wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

Summon Snake?

nope, sorry...

now my character won't even get the cyber knight cyber armor because it reminds her too much of bio-wizardry.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

rat_bastard wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

Summon Snake?

nope, sorry...

now my character won't even get the cyber knight cyber armor because it reminds her too much of bio-wizardry.

So no need to mention Simple Weapon: Polearm? :lol:
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

sooo I was looking thru higher level spells and I found that a fire globe arrow could be made for under 400 credits, that could conceivably do 5d6 mega damage per round for 4-16 rounds! :shock:

and there we see the hole in the TW creation system, the Gems are inconsistent with what you are trying to do and the whole thing only stands with incredible GM oversight...
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

K20A2_S wrote:Nice selection.

How much for an Annihilation arrow?

need like a 12th-15th level tw to make it, but I can check...
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

Semisonic9 wrote:yeah.

Hey, Rat, you should also check out the BoM for some TW items, bows, singing arrows, and powder and stuff your TW might be able to "discover" or learn.

As of Rifts:Japan, there was some nice stuff, and one bow that was ridiculously over-valued, IMO.

~Semi
I belive your thimking of the Zen master bow it only good in the hands of a true Samuri
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

ok, working with a shifter you need a 14th level techno wizard, you can do it for about 20,000 credits and 75 hours.

but if you can get these things you can destroy giant robots with single shots...

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”