Who's gonna be there Friday Night?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Who's gonna be there Friday Night?

Unread post by Chaos »

Just what the topic says. I was curious what board members are going to be there on Friday Night. So who are the VIP's?

List of Confirmations so far ...

-----------------------------------------------
As of Mar. 14, 2007
ApocalypseZero & Wife
Carl Gleba & 2 Friends
Chaos (Ticket #58 )
Citizen Lazlo & Wife (Karen)
erc1971 & Friend (kowind7)
Gideon
gmask1 (20% Chance)
Grand Paladin
hates_technology
hippie_mama & Husband (Verdilak/Dale)
Jaguar Wong
J. Lionheart
Jeffrey W. & Friend (John)
Jason Richards
Narcoleptic.Monk
Nightshade37
Ninjabunny & Wife (Shini)
Rabid Southern Cross Fan (Ticket #13)
rat_bastard
Reelman & Wife
RerollMuch (Jay)
Scott Samson
Spectre
Spinachcat
Subjugator
The Deific NMI
The Galactus Kid
Warwolf
Zachary The First

Total Number: 34 (with gmask1 35 :D )
Last edited by Chaos on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:42 am, edited 20 times in total.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

I know wife and I will be there and so will Subjugator. ZackarytheFirst is also I believe confirmed. That should take of central Indiana. :D
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

Rockets? Piddly. I'm sure Sub has a Patriot Missile Defense system somewhere in his backyard. :lol:
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

My wife and I will be there.
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

i'll be there.
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

:ok:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

::Points at himself::
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

ApocalypseZero wrote:I know wife and I will be there and so will Subjugator. ZackarytheFirst is also I believe confirmed. That should take of central Indiana. :D
And you would think that you would know that I will be there!!! :P
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer

The Deific NMI wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:I know wife and I will be there and so will Subjugator. ZackarytheFirst is also I believe confirmed. That should take of central Indiana. :D
And you would think that you would know that I will be there!!! :P

What, I got to cover the Chicagoland area now too?
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

me
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Although the offer for the wife to come with me to the Open House was extended- she declined, so I'll be there on my own- with all the other Palladium nut-jobs!

"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I will be there chowing on White Castle...at least that's the plan at the moment. I really hope my memories of WC hold up to the experience.

- Robert
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Nice, I'm gonna go back through and compile a list for my first post of everyone going Friday. I am glad to know that I finally get to meet some of you crazy people :ok:
Last edited by Chaos on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

I'll be there Friday night.

So will one of the players from my Dallas/Ft. Worth gaming group (John), but he has never posted anything on this website, so you probably wouldn't know of him.

Every other member of our gaming group declined to attend the Open House this year. "Go to yankee land? Hell no!" they cried with a rebel yell.

Jeffrey W.
Roleplaying delegation from Texas
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

gmask1 wrote:While I have my ticket for Friday night, I'm only about a 20% chance of getting to the OH...

That's no good... what happened (last I heard you were fairly certain about attending)? :(
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..It's not just nastalgia. I hadn't played in more than a year when I went last year, and actually I've only played a couple of times since. Likewise, in the 19 years I've been gaming, I've only averaged about two games a year total.

..You love gaming, it's as simple as that. If you don't think you're likely to game again, that's more reason to come to the Open House, to get in a camel hump fix.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Jason Richards

Gideon wrote:I'll be there, can't speak for the wife though. I am trying to talk her into coming Saturday though.

Tell her I'll be there. Problem solved!
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Jason Richards wrote:
Gideon wrote:I'll be there, can't speak for the wife though. I am trying to talk her into coming Saturday though.

That is why my wife is coming, to the Open House that is.
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

If I was Jason I'd be scared right now! He has to figure out if someone is coming to see him with good intentions or for the same purpose the rest of us want to meet him :quiet:
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

Your gonna be his surrogate wife?

:eek:

:P

Sorry Jason, I didn't know exactly what you was trying to say there, thanks for setting me straight Citizen Lazlo, the entire conversation makes perfect sense now :ok:
Jason Richards

Chaos wrote:If I was Jason I'd be scared right now! He has to figure out if someone is coming to see him with good intentions or for the same purpose the rest of us want to meet him :quiet:

Chicks dig me. :ok:

And, seriously, Gideon's and Reelman's wifes are some of the coolest chicas around.

I guess the rest of you might dig me too, and if that's what it takes for you to buy my books, then so be it. :D

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Jason Richards wrote:
Chaos wrote:If I was Jason I'd be scared right now! He has to figure out if someone is coming to see him with good intentions or for the same purpose the rest of us want to meet him :quiet:

And, seriously, Gideon's and Reelman's wifes are some of the coolest chicas around.

I guess the rest of you might dig me too, and if that's what it takes for you to buy my books, then so be it. :D

and if you don't dig him we have many other models of Jason Richards for you to dig! :D
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

rat_bastard wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

and if you don't dig him we have many other models of Jason Richards for you to dig! :D

That reminds me when is the official release date for 'Joshon Richapaugh' :p That model shows more promise than previous versions, I especially like the fact that the 'Joshon Richapaugh' version is capable of rudimentary learning! I have even heard that this model has been taught to tie and can wear shoes (!!!) and is no longer limited to wearing boots! I even heard through the grapevine that the 'Joshon Richapaugh' model comes with an entirely new wardrobe, this one dwarfing even those from earlier models! I can't wait to see the new innovations and look forward to seeing the capabilities of the new model.

I have also heard that production of the 'Joshon Richapaugh' model is being delayed to correspond with the release date of WB 30: D-Bees of NA, is this true? and if so why has RB Enterprises chose to delay the release, the longer you wait the more money you loose, right? I know profits from the previous models have been minimal but if what I here of the latest version is true you can expect an increase of 0.0000001% an astronomical figure when dealing with 'Clone' Jason Richards 'Commercial Properties', do you think the success will affect your business practices? or will it be just another day at the office? With the sales increasing with each model, how do you intend to spend the profits? Will this model be worth its 2 cents ($0.02) per comment or do expect a great deal of customers demanding their money back? I guess thats all the questions I have at the moment.

RB Enterprises I personally want to commend you on a great product, though I often disagree with your choice of 'Clone' subjects, your business savvy is excellent and your practices within the corporate business world are uncanny. Thank you for continuing to update and produce the various models, I bought 2 more shares of your stock today, giving me 12% of the company, I'm expected to receive an astronomical return of 2 cents ($0.02) by the close of todays Market! That brings my total profits from the purchase up to almost 60 cents ($0.60) per share since buying in back in December, thanks again for such a wonderful product, keep up the good work :ok:

Sincerely,
Chaos
"RBE Stock Holder"
Last edited by Chaos on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Ok apparently I manufacture Jason Richards now....

I'm gonna go with this.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Shinitenshi wrote:Do the clones come with the awesome writing ability of their originals? If so I also want a Galactus Kid and Dark Brandon clone. :D :lol:

Me too I'm locking all 3 in one room and none are coming out until I get some new books! I think I will keep them there for a few years just to make sure I have gotten everything outta them that I can :ok:

Bad news on the clones it appears RBE's latest prototype of the Joshon Richapaugh has a toaster built into its chest :-? RBE's hybrid models aren't looking good at this point :(
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Well, my vanload comprising of myself, MadManMike, Eryk Stormbright, Star Dust and two others should be arriving on Friday at some point in the evening. Hopefully, we'll get quite an early start so that we can get there earlier than last year.

*edited 'cause I'm dumb.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

I'll be around from Thursday evening to Sunday night (they'll have to boot me out the door again this year :P ).

See you all there. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Warwolf wrote:I'll be around from Thursday evening to Sunday night (they'll have to boot me out the door again this year :P ).

See you all there. :)

I thought so I was just waiting for you to confirm it before I added you to the list :ok:
erc1971
Wanderer

Unread post by erc1971 »

I am going to be present for VIP Friday along with a good friend of mine, kowind7.

Eric
RIFTS..."It's ****ing Brilliant!" Kevin Sembieda May 5th 2006
Attended Palladium Open House, May 6th 2006, May 4th and 5th 2007, April 30th 2009, May 2nd 2009
Palladium Unofficial Employee
Kevin Siembieda to me during the big move: "Eric, you are a god!"
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Chaos wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:Do the clones come with the awesome writing ability of their originals? If so I also want a Galactus Kid and Dark Brandon clone. :D :lol:

Me too I'm locking all 3 in one room and none are coming out until I get some new books! I think I will keep them there for a few years just to make sure I have gotten everything outta them that I can :ok:

Bad news on the clones it appears RBE's latest prototype of the Joshon Richapaugh has a toaster built into its chest :-? RBE's hybrid models aren't looking good at this point :(

my Jason Richard's clones all come out with appliances sticking out of them and my Josh Singsapaugh clones all come out as Jason Richards.

Still no Kid Galactus clones, basically because of the lack of genetic material but I will check my traps again today.
Nightshade37
Explorer

Unread post by Nightshade37 »

I will be there on Friday night.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

hippie_mama and verdilak are on the list twice, for what it's worth. We love 'em, but I don't know that they count as four people!
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I will be there Friday night, I'm thinking of wearing a suit.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

I'll be there and two of my friends too.

Carl
ImageImage
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

J. Lionheart wrote:hippie_mama and verdilak are on the list twice, for what it's worth. We love 'em, but I don't know that they count as four people!

Fixed and recalculated sorry 'bout that, was counting their split personalities :p

The list is really fleshing out I know there are at least 20 more gonna be there, who are you :badbad: lol I know we are all looking forward to the big names from PB but some of you minor board celebs (you all know who you are don't ask me) will be great to meet too :D

Also Carl are you actually included as ticket holder (as in one of the 50-60 lucky people) or are you just a, hey I'm gonna be there? Either way I want others like you to let us know too, that way we all know who we get to annoy :D lol)
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Jason Richards is only one the list once, shouldn't he be on it like a dozen times?
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Chaos wrote:Also Carl are you actually included as ticket holder (as in one of the 50-60 lucky people) or are you just a, hey I'm gonna be there? Either way I want others like you to let us know too, that way we all know who we get to annoy :D lol)

Being a freelancer I have a free pass! Go figure, who'd want to meet little ol'me? :D

Carl
ImageImage
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Shinitenshi wrote:Bunny and I do :D

You can add me to that list as well :ok:

RB I thought of adding all the various models of Jason Richards to the list, but I was afraid it would read like RBE's sales catalog. In the end I decided that it would be best to send those inquiring as to whether or not the model they want to meet will be there to you for verification.

The Jason Richards model on the list is the one that we all find most competent in his writing ability, you know the one that spells his first name correctly at least 1 out of 10 tries if you give him the first 4 letters :p
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

VIP Ticket #013! (apparently, I got the 'lucky' number). :lol:

So, I'll be slummin with the rest of you. :P
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

OK, so I got the room and the plane ticket purchased already, so I'll be there. My bro (Allen Manning a.k.a "hates_technology") is coming too.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:VIP Ticket #013! (apparently, I got the 'lucky' number). :lol:

So, I'll be slummin with the rest of you. :P

You got the Lucky #13 ...

I got the you are lucky we squeezed you in #58 :shock:

I barely made as a VIP because I messed up my order and sent it late thanks to PB I was still able to squeeze in my order was a night mare because of all the notations I put on it it was almost a month after the order that we got it all straightened out (this was in no way Palladiums fault as they contacted me write away, but do to my Email client I couldn't email back but it didn't tell me that! :( ).

Thanks again PB, for working with me on my order and straightening it all out and getting me in :ok:
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

gmask1 wrote:Just thought I'd briefly resurrect this thread to alter my earlier 20% likelyhood of being at the Open House...

Make it 100% - I'm all booked up :D

Yay!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

So, is anyone that posted here one of the three that ended up not being able to make it. That truly has to suck, but if you are one of them, know that your ticket(s) made it to good hands. I have a couple long-time friends and gaming companions that lamented not jumping on the tickets sooner (despite my urging them to do so). But due to you not being able to make it, they will now be able to enjoy this experience with another member of our group (and hopefully myself).

Seeing as how this is kind of a last hoorah for these guys and I (one already lives out of state, and the other two are moving soon), I feel I owe a heartfelt thanks to those that forfeited these tickets :) , though I wish they had been able to attend as well. :-(
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Warwolf wrote:So, is anyone that posted here one of the three that ended up not being able to make it. That truly has to suck, but if you are one of them, know that your ticket(s) made it to good hands. I have a couple long-time friends and gaming companions that lamented not jumping on the tickets sooner (despite my urging them to do so). But due to you not being able to make it, they will now be able to enjoy this experience with another member of our group (and hopefully myself).

Seeing as how this is kind of a last hoorah for these guys and I (one already lives out of state, and the other two are moving soon), I feel I owe a heartfelt thanks to those that forfeited these tickets :) , though I wish they had been able to attend as well. :-(

I don't know who canceled but two of the tickets were scooped up by my best friends (Bill and Josh).

Really... that's funny. They said there were three available, but that makes four sold. I think the guys at PB were being too nice for their own good again (other than the fact that it's an extra $50 for them). :lol:

Return to “Palladium Open House”