Open House - House Rules...

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

Open House - House Rules...

Unread post by Tigermuppetcut »

I'd like this thread to be a repository for any house rules that were used during open house, particularly the more nifty ones.

Did anyone in Kev's games try to slit a throat from behind for example, how did he handle it.

Anyone try to dogfight in PA in Rifts again how was it handled.

...stuff like that. I'm particularly interested in anything that came up in Kev's games that he handled in a certain way or came up with a rule for on the spot etc.

Let's hope some of you can remember some details with all the excitement :-)
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..The only house rule I was party to was Carl Gleba's. I suspect it may have been derivative of my own Spell Learning rules from the Magic Game Master Shield, but I wasn't a spell caster so I didn't get the details.

..All I know is if you were casting a spell he made you roll a D20, and if you rolled under a 4 you failed to cast the spell.

..Maybe Savariousx1 or kamikazzijoe caught more of the details on that...

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I seem to remember something in the early sections of the RUE book also about this.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

To those of you who still have a copy of my ranged combat revisions, I'd appreciate them not being posted here. They might end up in a Rifter submission eventually, and I don't want to spoil any of it. Thanks.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

Unread post by Tigermuppetcut »

Interesting about the spell casting being like ranged attacks at close range, I suppose now many spells are cast in one attack it's helps balance things out a bit, and keep casting interesting / risky.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I had a few...
Natural roll on the D20 of 1 through 4 REGARDLESS of bonuses is an automatic miss.
To get pass natural AR (which only 1 PC had [Killzone - Century Station]), your natural roll (no bonuses) had to be higher then the Natural AR. With bonuses you may have hit the opponent, but you didnt hit it right/hard enough etc...
Also skill checks. If the PC(s) were performing a skill in which they wouldnt know the outcome right away (ie.. one play wanted to disable a crane but do it without it looking it was disabled, or another player who was sneaking up on a parked hover van), then I as GM rolled the dice.

No one had any complaints. Although the player of the Mutant Midget after the game mentioned he didnt like the d20/AR rule.

All in all though all of my players enjoyed the game.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Palladium Open House”