Transdimentional Humanoids

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Hmmm. I guess the easiest way of doing it would be to utilize the rules for going forward in time with Bio-E and then modifying the humans as desired (using the powers of other animals as a good basis).

Personally, I have always thought that the version of the future presented in Transdimentional was pretty lame and thus never went to the trouble of even thinking about doing what you are talking about.

It also shows how much the Transdimensional Wizards rely on their abilities and not so much on their brains. For the time barrier that exists, it says that you can't push forward any further with magic. But what about the onld tried and true method of just waiting? Sure, get to a few minutes/days/whenever before when you can't push past and just let the timestream pull you along...
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Yeah, because the people with the ability to seal off the entire universe from temporal travel would have no way of detecting beings of a different time passing through their barrier :roll:*

Anyway, i haven't bothered with the stats for the Morloc- i mean the people of the far future either. I was with him up to "wild planet" and then kind of lost interest. I do like the 3M-Barrier idea, though...

* Or discovering them as soon as they do and editing them out of existence.
Last edited by acreRake on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Yeah, because the people with the ability to seal off the entire universe from temporal travel would have no way of detecting beings of a different time passing through their barrier

Like I said, the Temporal Wizards have come to rely on their abilities and spells to much. It never said anything about anyone trying to wait it out, now did it?

Not that I think I would really WANT to be involved in that version of the future - too lame. That and the temporal magic in Transdimensional makes my head hurt (almost as bad as the psionics from AD&D).
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

You know wrote:Like I said, the Temporal Wizards have come to rely on their abilities and spells to much. It never said anything about anyone trying to wait it out, now did it?
Uhm, whether you're jumping twists or being pushed ahead 60 seconds per minute you are still passing through the barrier with a not-right amount of TE.

So, Nuadar, are you looking for a write up similar to other mutant animals? Now that i think about it i would probably just use HU. Make each race an "alien" with appropriate powers or lack thereof.
Steve Dubya
Hero

whether you're jumping twists or being pushed ahead 60 seconds per minute you are still passing through the barrier with a not-right amount of TE

Perhaps - it doesn't really say, now does it... Might make for an interesting side trip for those who would utilize the time-jumping-ness of it all.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

I think they would really just be "Purebreed" variants of the Mutant Humans already in the books.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Steve Dubya
Hero

I'd vote something a little more predatory - maybe cats or something (which would still be in keeping with the nocturnal theme).
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

As much as I like the Trans-D TMNT book, when it came to mutant humans, I stuck with HU (Revised, at the time, but now 2nd Ed.), with the provision that characters had to fall within a certain power level dependant on the campaign itself.
While most HU mutants are generally more powerful than AtB and TMNT characters, some, like the Super Soldier worked out fine.
I would not currently have a problem with Physical Training characters either.
If the Experiment or Mutant were of a low power level, I would allow them.
The PUII Minor Hero would also work well for this.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Steve Dubya
Hero

I would still vote feline because of the stealth involved as well. That and the fact that they liked to toy with their prey - which is something that cats are pretty infamous for...

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”