After the Ley Line Storm

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

After the Ley Line Storm

Unread post by Marrowlight »

At times I feel like the concept of mutated animals would work better in a fantasy setting than a PA type setting. Maybe it is too many viewings of Disney's Robin Hood cartoon and Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a child, but I've always loved fantasy like worlds of mutant animals. Anyone else agree with me, or are you all down and dirty robot hunting muties?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: After the Ley Line Storm

High_Lord_Bear wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:At times I feel like the concept of mutated animals would work better in a fantasy setting than a PA type setting. Maybe it is too many viewings of Disney's Robin Hood cartoon and Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a child, but I've always loved fantasy like worlds of mutant animals. Anyone else agree with me, or are you all down and dirty robot hunting muties?

Actually I would like to play as real animals, ala "Watership Down"

Could just make everyone take "none" for the human attributes. And by everyone I mean everyone - PC's and NPC's alike.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I don't like the idea of taking it down a Fantasy setting route, I liket he post apocalypse theme.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I'm a fan of anthro animal seting in general, so a fanatsy version of AtB does appeal.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

I actually was in a PFRPG (the old style, so it made for some fun conversion back from SDC to just HP) where all the PC's were some mutant animal variant. I think that all the other races were there too, and I don't recall that we ever got around to defining exactly what the population breakdown of the world would have been (like, in terms of x% human, y% elf, z% mutant dog, etc.).

It would work much better now (since there is the revised PFRPG) and I think that it would give some of the animal types a much better advantage - Mutants in Avalon sort of went through this...
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Marrowlight
Knight

Lynx8882 wrote:Damn it I cant find it but there is something called Qui that one of the writers made up (Coffin I belive) that puts ATB animals in PF with N&SS thrown in there aswell.....

Anyone got that I cant find mine at the moment

Lynx

Mine's on the Cherry 7-Up afflicted laptop. If you still haven't gotten it by week's end I'll send you mine.

Though googling "Qi" and "Coffin" will prolly find it for you.

OK, so it actually doesn't. Hah.

gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I'd like this too if anyone finds it.

gordyzx9r@earthlink.net
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”