Apocalyptic Ambiance

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Apocalyptic Ambiance

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

The first, second and forth pictures are sweet. For some reason looking at the theme park pics. All I could think about was Aztek Land from Mutants of the Yucatan. Some cool stuff Gordyzx9r.
Hale Chidduck: Do you believe in karma?
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.

Unread post by Guest »

I've always drawn my PA ambience images from anime myself. Robotech (particularly later Macross episodes and most of Invid Invasion), early scenes in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fist of the North Star, MD Geist, Earth scenes for Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and other anime all really show good examples of post apocalyptic worlds. Some movies are the same way, but you usually don't get the same feel in say, the various Terminator movies, Cherry 2000, Cyborg 1&2, Planet of the Apes (except for the Statue of Liberty scene), Steel Dawn, Matrix movies, etc.

Now the Mad Max movies, Tank Girl, and the old cartoon Thundarr the Barbarian give off generally good PA ambience.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:I've always drawn my PA ambience images from anime myself. Robotech (particularly later Macross episodes and most of Invid Invasion), early scenes in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fist of the North Star, MD Geist, Earth scenes for Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and other anime all really show good examples of post apocalyptic worlds. Some movies are the same way, but you usually don't get the same feel in say, the various Terminator movies, Cherry 2000, Cyborg 1&2, Planet of the Apes (except for the Statue of Liberty scene), Steel Dawn, Matrix movies, etc.

Now the Mad Max movies, Tank Girl, and the old cartoon Thundarr the Barbarian give off generally good PA ambience.

I just bought the Thundarr the Barbarian DVD collection off of ebay, proabably my favorite cartoon of all time. I have yet to see Tank Girl...I heard it was like Barbed Wire so I didn't bother. I like Escape From NY for the city feel as well.

Unread post by Guest »

gordyzx9r wrote:I just bought the Thundarr the Barbarian DVD collection off of ebay, proabably my favorite cartoon of all time. I have yet to see Tank Girl...I heard it was like Barbed Wire so I didn't bother. I like Escape From NY for the city feel as well.
I think I prefered the city feel of Escape from LA more than NY myself.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I like a combination of both Escape movies, with Terminator for the average urban PA landscape.
Planet of the Apes (original) and Beneath the Planet of the Apes for more wilderness PA.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

for ATB?

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

Ghost town
Land of the Wolves

nothing like reality to make fantasy dull.

the only thing spookier than reading that site would be to take the trip yourself.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread post by Guest »

Oops, I forgot I should also give ambience props to Fallout & Fallout 2.
gordyzx9r
Hero

glitterboy2098 wrote:...the only thing spookier than reading that site would be to take the trip yourself.

Very eerie stuff, I posted that link up on sound off awhile back.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”