Transdimensional TMNT question

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Transdimensional TMNT question

Unread post by Glistam »

Now that Palladium no longer has the license for TMNT, does that mean the concept of T.E. and the set up for the time stream is no longer official within Palladium? As in the idea of the twists and spirals of the timestream, and how time travel backwards was only possible in specific increments of years. I know travelling backwards in time was realy only official in Transdimensional TMNT anyway but with the license gone does that idea still remain or was it specific to the TMNT universe?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

I said reprint it under a the dimension book series :ok:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Its still official canon, as far as I know.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Unread post by Guest »

So THAT'S why they came out with After the Bomb mark 2... Always thought that was a little screwy since the original wasn't what I would describe as a real stand alone. It all makes sense now...
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

So what you're telling me is that mutation by moving through time (due to different amounts of T.E. at different periods) and the Twists and Cycles of the timestream are all Palladium cannon, and were not specific to the TMNT universe or license? Thank you for your help.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Glistam wrote:So what you're telling me is that mutation by moving through time (due to different amounts of T.E. at different periods) and the Twists and Cycles of the timestream are all Palladium cannon, and were not specific to the TMNT universe or license? Thank you for your help.

As far as I know, that's the case.
But to be sure, you'd have to read up on old TMNT comics that featured Lord Simultaneous and time travel.
I don't remember them mentioning Twists or anything, but I read them a LONG time ago.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Glistam wrote:So what you're telling me is that mutation by moving through time (due to different amounts of T.E. at different periods) and the Twists and Cycles of the timestream are all Palladium cannon, and were not specific to the TMNT universe or license? Thank you for your help.

TE and all MECHANICS are palladium cannon. the only thing that is no longer cannon are actual characters.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This message has been moved to the After the Bomb RPG & TMNT Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Actually, the whole idea of mutation regression and improvment was based on the events of the Volume 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Issues:
#16 - "A TMNT Time Tale" [July '88]
#22 - "the Time Traveler returns" [June '89]
and
#23 - "Timeline repaired" [July '89]

However, I'd guess that the game mechanic is copyrighted to Palladium. The characters that appeared in the TD: TMNT book and comics are, I would assume, the property of Mirage Studios'. The term Time Lord, I would imagine, is an open term as it was first used by the BBC in the Doctor Who series, and I doubt anyone has, or would, try to copyright the term (I could be wrong though).
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”