Ocuupational Character Classes for ordinary people

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

allmarduk
D-Bee

Ocuupational Character Classes for ordinary people

Unread post by allmarduk »

If I want O.C.C.s for the ordinary Joes and Janes in the Rifts RPG, I'd use the City Rat O.C.C. and Vagabond O.C.C. for generic city residents, and the Vagabond and Wilderness Scout O.C.C.s for generic rural dwellers.
The Body Fixer O.C.C. templete could be used for any generic doctor or medical personnel, and the Rogue Scholar and Scientist O.C.C.s could be used for virtually any scholar, professor, teacher, and/or scientist on Rifts Earth.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I suggest picking up the BTS-2 or Systems Failure Books, both have great sets of skills for "ordinary" people sorted by profession.

After The Bomb has an interesting alternate for basic skills that would be found amoung the average people in the post apocolypse.

Also remember that generic NPCs tend to be less skilled than PCs and specific NPC. I'd suggest cutting the number of OCC related skills by at least half.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Ocuupational Character Classes for ordinary people

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

allmarduk wrote:If I want O.C.C.s for the ordinary Joes and Janes in the Rifts RPG, I'd use the City Rat O.C.C. and Vagabond O.C.C. for generic city residents, and the Vagabond and Wilderness Scout O.C.C.s for generic rural dwellers.
The Body Fixer O.C.C. templete could be used for any generic doctor or medical personnel, and the Rogue Scholar and Scientist O.C.C.s could be used for virtually any scholar, professor, teacher, and/or scientist on Rifts Earth.

The original Vagabond is the best representation of an "average" citizen of Rifts Earth, and even then he's somewhat above average.
The RUE Vagabond is outright superior to the average citizen of Rifts Earth. Now that they get MDC armor to start.

I'm working on a Rifter article that addresses the problem. I'm almost done (and have been for a LONG time... school has kept me busy).
Hopefully I'll be sending it off in the next week or so.

viewtopic.php?t=45008
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I always liked the Civilian in the Robotech book 'New world Order'. decent set of skills.

Infact it allowed access to espionage skills where many military OCC's didn't have access.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I thought Ihad Deja Vu for a second.

We had this question come up not too long ago.
I think the favorite solution was to use the Villager OCC (or whatever) from Warlords of Russia.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.

Return to “Rifts®”