Ultimizing Chaos Earth

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Ultimizing Chaos Earth

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I'm curious how you guys would like to see Chaos Earth "Ultimized." Clearly, as a Rifts game, it should conform to new rules, but how should Palladium go about it?

I see a few options:

1.) Put new skills, rules, etc. required on the web for download
2.) Issue a Chaos Earth Revised
3.) Update it in new printings of Chaos Earth
4.) Introduce the new rules in future supplements
5.) A combination of the above

I don't want to make this a poll because I don't want to limit options. I'm just curious what everyone thinks.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

gadrin wrote:I'm suprised Nightbane hasn't, as it seems very popular still. I'm guessing it's because it's main author has gone bye-bye.

On the topic of Nightbane: Kevin has stated before that Nightbane has never been his cup of tea (so to speak). Currently, there are no Nightbane Authors (that I know of at least), so unless one steps up to the plate (and none have as far as I know) the series is dead in the water.

As for the topic itself: #1, 2 and 3.

~ Josh
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I think a new or revised CE Main Book could use a number of additions, adding in the latest rule's being one of them.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:I think a new or revised CE Main Book could use a number of additions, adding in the latest rule's being one of them.

Seconded. Adding the Creatures of Chaos and the Chaos Earth magic sourcebook material would be a plus. The game needs to have that included in to be fully complete. Maybe even include the CE psionic sourcebook material in it too.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Ultimizing Chaos Earth

Unread post by Sentinel »

Jason Richards wrote:I'm curious how you guys would like to see Chaos Earth "Ultimized." Clearly, as a Rifts game, it should conform to new rules, but how should Palladium go about it?

I see a few options:

Largely indifferent to this.
I'm not opposed to the idea.
I can see this as a possible solution as well.
Probably best.

I don't want to make this a poll because I don't want to limit options. I'm just curious what everyone thinks.

I would most particularly like to keep Chaos Earth as the direct past of Rifts (same with BtS, but that's a separate topic).
I think the best direction for the setting is to leave a lot open to interpretation of the GMs, with the understanding that the long dark ages to come lead to the world of Rifts.
I don't feel that there are enough changes to warrent buying a second copy of the book as yet though.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: Ultimizing Chaos Earth

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Sentinel wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:I'm curious how you guys would like to see Chaos Earth "Ultimized." Clearly, as a Rifts game, it should conform to new rules, but how should Palladium go about it?

I see a few options:

Largely indifferent to this.
I'm not opposed to the idea.
I can see this as a possible solution as well.
Probably best.

I would most particularly like to keep Chaos Earth as the direct past of Rifts (same with BtS, but that's a separate topic).
I think the best direction for the setting is to leave a lot open to interpretation of the GMs, with the understanding that the long dark ages to come lead to the world of Rifts.
I don't feel that there are enough changes to warrent buying a second copy of the book as yet though.
agreed
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
kevinslkt
Wanderer

Unread post by kevinslkt »

Yeah, the new rules should be included, but one thing is for absolute certain. Did anyone else feel that they needed more artwork designed exclusively for Chaos Earth, as you see with all the other titles for Rifts such as Xitixic Invasion, Coalition War Campaign, etc, etc,etc. One new year's resolution I had was to use my "natural talent" with art, no schooling, except for buying and studying anatomy books, drawing technique books, etc to send in some submissions (Sometime this week, almost complete). Survival in fire, ash, snow, and daily violence is very cool. Let the Chaos Reign!! :ok:
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

I'd love to see an update released on the web but I dont think it will happin.

If anything we'll see an update in the next printing, but I think chaos earth will stay chaos earth with its own rule seprate from UR.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”