Russian APS

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Drakenred®™©
Champion

Russian APS

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

what do you think the damage on this would be? I know its useless out of water

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as69-e.htm

im digging through my bibles and I havent found it yet
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Well found a more detailed description of it in MSA 7th edition

its 5.66mm X 150mm(the dart is 120 mm and their is a tracer round for it!) Air Muzle velocity of 1197 f/sec with a max range of 100 ft above water (not recomended, the gun has a service life of 180 rounds (air) and 2000 round underwater) Given that its expected to penitrate a wet suit or face mask at 11m at a depth of 40m, I would say 4D6?

theirs also a pistol (the SPP-1) that fires 4.5mm X140mm ammo (its basicaly a 4 barrel derenger, its only advantage over the HK P-11(that weird deringer thing in the Laura Croft movie) which is 5 shot is that you dont have to remove the 5 shot barrel assembly and replace it to reload it, its basicaly a 4 shot break action, just pop the 4 shot clip in and go) I would say 3D6 on the SPP-1, 4D6 on the p-11(50 ft air range, suposedly it was more reliable in the air and in the water than the APS)

but I have not turned anything up on the new ASM-DT Special Multipurpose(Universal Two-Medium) Assault Rifle, other than its suposed to be as good as the APS in the water and almost as good as the AK-74 above water without needing to change barrels
冠双
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I think I pegged the rifle at 4D6 and the pistol at 3D6 when I did them up.

I'm nowhere near that computer at the momment.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Not a sabot, basically a dart / flecette.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”