Good ideas

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Search and destroy are always fun. Another fun thing is to take a creature from one of the monsters and animals books and pit a group of players against it a la a movie I can't mention or this might be considered a conversion. Hint: The Governor of California and the former Governor of Minnesota stared in it together.
:fool:
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I miss that book.

Go to your GI Joe comics if you want somethign not 'Nam specific.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

ash_wednesday wrote:But isn't recon about nam stuff anyway?

Recon itself is, but with Advanced Recon (or just some imagination) you can easily incorporate any number of mercenary scenarios...from the war on drugs in South America, unrest in Africa or South East Asia. One of the campaigns I ran that my players liked was this; we played a 'Nam style campaign all they way up past the withdrawal. Once home, they were discharged, and later approached by people who had family that were POW and wanted to employ the players to go back, go in, find them, and rescue them. Just some ideas.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
lather
Champion

Re: Good ideas

Unread post by lather »

DevilDog0331 wrote:
Draco The Psi-Tech wrote:I want to dust of my recon And can"t think of any missions

You have any family that were in Vietnam? Sometimes I ask my father what types of missions, LRRPs, and other type of operations that he did there. It's given me some ideas to put into the games I GM.

Once A Marine, Always A Marine

Check out the military history section of a bookstore and there are plenty of guys who wrote personal accounts. You can also find information about battles. You can probably find books on special forces to learn the sorts of things they are doing - but the cool thing about that is that they can be doing things no one talks about.

The missions in the RECON book are pretty good - at least for some ideas.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”