Dave Deitrich

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Dave Deitrich

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I know that I had ask this on RDF HQ Communications a while back and that some who are on that site are on this one, but I thought I would ask it here for those who do not go to that site. Does anybody have any ideal how to get Dave Deitrich to finish his web site, The Third Invid War, or at the very lest respond to an e-mail? I have tried may times over the years, but nothering. Yes I have hear the resone behind him origally stopping, but I would love to see him finish it, or at the least have some one who is good at making up good RPG stats finish his work. So, can anybody help me?
Alpha 11
Palladin

I saw he had a new web site a little while back and it looked like it delt with D&D stuff, but it looks like it has been like a year since it was last updated.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Ok, if it is that bad, like I said before, who could finish his work?
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Could always get his permission to get the stuff and finish it yourself...or with others..otherwise finish it your self for your own use.

too bad he had good stuff...
Alpha 11
Palladin

That's the problem. He does not anwer his e-mail. So I cannot get him to send, if he still has it, the pre work on what is left to do on his site. Plus I have no confidence in my self of doing it right. I would prefere some one who has done this before and has experience doing it, do it.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Then find someone...I'd help but my writing skills are not professional level...
Rimmerdal
Knight

Okay if recall correctly the space hives in orbit numbered 24 command hives..each had one stage 6 (an uber stage 5 that could make hives when they all gathered together)...also they were 'eventually' taken down...at the cost many ships...

the third war also included a regis fighting her own stage six 'overseers' along side some human resistance cells..

This left the earth safe from the regis at least for now. The regent gone it would seem she has much resources and grow and collect the flower on earth...while leaving it be since the humans would call truce (lacking equipment to fight and wanting peace over revenge.

the terms would likely include undoing damage caused by the Regis's experiments and those of the stage 6's.

EBSIS's survivors reformed there country and allied up with REF and made a truce with UEG, but did not join...

How am I so far?
Demonboy®
D-Bee

Unread post by Demonboy® »

These guys here are the best bet getting in touch with Dave.
"I am the one hiding under your bed, Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red. "

TELL KEV WE WANT NEW ROBOTECH BOOKS!
Alpha 11
Palladin

How is that?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Like I said before, I have e-mailed him several times and he has not responed once. That is why I was asking here for help.
Demonboy®
D-Bee

As I stated previously, the guys at Macross Roleplay and Macross RPG know Dave. So join the boards and post the question on the general discussion forums...

Also just an FYI, Mr. Deitrich hasnt updated the Macross Mecha Design site since sometime in 1998. Also here is an e-mail addy for him, deitrich@cymru.com

Alpha 11
Palladin

Thanks for clearing it up for me. And I will be doing that soon.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Ok, problem. I tried to get on as a non-player, but that page will not come up. Is there any way to contact someone for help on the matter.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Then if you caan't do it all by your self post here and get help...it is something no one can claim save for th original writer...He aint gonna complain...

So want help or not? I mean on this page you'll get hundereds of ideas...
Alpha 11
Palladin

Rimmerdal, can you please refrase your statement. I am not sure I am getting what you are saying and you also might have gotten the wrong imprestion of what I am tring to do. So can you please clear things up a little for me.
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

He's saying just go for it, which is pretty much your only option. Forget about an official continuation, the Macross RPG people did which seems to speak about their ability/or lack of to contact him.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Like Cyclone says...go it on your own and I'll even help you look for

"The Third Invid war and beyond" Thread that'll give some fodder to work with...
Alpha 11
Palladin

Maybe you guys are right. I just don't think I would be very good in at it. Maybe the resoon why I am thinking that is that I would be filling some VERY big shoes and that I have really never done that before. So I will start small and build up. And with a lot of help, I hope, form you guys out there, with, hopefully a lot more experience then me. We can finish what Dave started and make it at least half as good as what it would have been if Dave had finish it. And maybe when Dave sees what we are doing, he will come back.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Long as he doesn't sue my a** off....for any thing I'm good with it. maybe we can something useable...
Rimmerdal
Knight

Then it's a go...
Rimmerdal
Knight

Well..It's on this page. so feel free to help and if it does for some reason publish...we'll all hopefully get copies..

But I just want to get a good setting..
Alpha 11
Palladin

Are you sure? Because it just says that she was only responsible for the art and the 2 stories on the site and the rest was done by Dave and Chris. And anyways, I will give credit to who credit is due.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Wel I was thinking on the net...not a full book. As for the old writers they get there cudo's but I was hoping to start something new and post...there stuff.
chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

Woah! the Cantina shut down? No wonder i havent heard anything from anyone. How come I wasnt informed of it? I would have suggested the Cantina until I read that. I have a complete printout of the Third invid war site and have made a three ring trapper of it. Interesting storyline but a bit too deadly for most of my players' tastes.

Anyways, how do I get into another group, which is similar to the Cantina, of avid Robotech fans? Mike, Stan, Robert, Dave, Chris, Tim, Deadphrog and Marvin are the only people that I can remember offhand. Tim is in one of my current Robotech and Rifts PBEms.
"Like slicing tomatoes with a sledgehammer"
Alpha 11
Palladin

Well the site is still up, it is just that Dave has dropped off the face of the Earth, and like I said before, I have wrote him a billion times and he has not written me back once. I am really bumed about it. And I did the same thing as you, made a 3 ring binder out of it, plus I have it all on CD. And whats the Cantina? And we are tring to finish what Dave started, so if you have any cool thoughts, please pass them on to us either here or on the other threed that is dedicated to it.
chaserone
Explorer

Well I havent looked at the stuff since 1999-2000. I found it around late 1998. Ill see what I can do. It's a bit of a high powered campaign, mostly geared to wipe out pcs if you ask me. Although, its fun.
Demonboy®
D-Bee

Alpha 11,

Why havent I seen you posting on Dan's site asking for Dave? I told you he, among others, talks to Dave. Unless you did it in PM, then if so, I apologize.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Major Fury wrote:I have Dave's whole site as a PDF. :D

how big?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

Who is Dan, Demonboy and what is the site?(Great clip by the way) Is it that Macross site, if so I could not get on it to ask. If you can get on, can you ask for me?
Rimmerdal
Knight

Cool, I'll see what can put together, Basara.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

He's alive!!!

That's good.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

It's cool that someone managed to contact Dave. I'm curious to find out what his plans were myself.

Also, I like that he's ok with others continuing TIW.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

So if someone here is going to continue Dave's TIW work I have a few suggestions:

Like maybe incorporate the "Hive War" scenario? (it kind of already is with with 5th and 6th stage Invid)
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Rimmerdal
Knight

A civil war 5th vs 6th...sounds a little contrieved but it works. I was think the Robotech masters left one the typr 4 seeds from the REF guide...but I 'm open to new ideas... :-D
taalismn wrote:

Alpha 11
Palladin

He's ALIVE!!!! :D :D YAAA!!!! :D :D Ok Basara_549, I have one big question, why has he decided not to continue his site. Yes I have heard the rumers about why he stopped, but I would like to know from him, why did he stop all together. I know that he had many fans and he still has them now. Yes, I know he is almost 100% not going to go back to it (oh please tell me that isn't true :-( :-( ) The 2nd thing is please have him send me all of his stuff that is not on his site, I mean notes, sketches, even anything on his Guardian parts that he has done, anything from both parts. I will be waiting for them on baited breath. :D
Rimmerdal
Knight

understandable...I would be the same given those stituations.

Since he said we could....WAAAHOOOO! Let's no I gotta read up on this to do..

but my premise would include

-the regis and REF/Sentinals at truce
Reason security of earth and mutal intersest in the planet (ie the flower grows there and humans live there...)

-The marduk seem a good foe

-good ole Zin from REF guide may be a foes as well...if he has control of Robotech factory definitely a good foes.

-the type four seed running around space
-but the region of SAmerica no one ever returned from might make a good place for group of type 1-3 seeds..could even have a small colony of humans susrvivng and trapped...
taalismn wrote:

Alpha 11
Palladin

Hay Basara_549! Just wandering if you got the stuff from Dave yet. And if you do not know what my address is, I am the some guy the is always asking questions about your story at the other site. :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

Opps! Sorry, I missed understood Basara_549. I will send you a e-mail. Same thing for you Major Fury.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Sorry guys, it has been a while. I have finianly gotten off my butt and wrote a letter to Dave. I got his e-mail and mailing address from Basara_549 a little while ago and tried to use the e-mail address but it did not work. I tried a few days ago and it still did not work. So I wrote a letter. I will be sending it out tomarrow. So in a week, 2 at most, I will hopefully have all the info and we can finnally get this show on the road.
chaserone
Explorer

Well its good to know that he is still alive. Hey Basara, next time Im around your area, feel like visiting?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Still no reply from Dave and it has been like 3 or more weeks since I sent the letter. I am hoping that it is just the US Postal Service messing up(it happen to me once, I sent something over night, back to were I lived, while on vacation and it finally got to me like several weeks later, so I do not really trust them any more). If I do not hear form him in a little while I will write him again. But if that dose not work, I will be ticked at him, because he broke his word and a lot of respeck I had for the guy will go down the toilet. Also, I am calling out for corative ideals for finishing up 3rd Invid War. All I ask is you read Dave's site carfully and try to fill in on what is left to fill in on the site. As close as you can think as to were Dave was going with it if at all possible.
Alpha 11
Palladin

:x Well, no response from my letter. I will try and get my butt in gear and write another one in the next few days. But I got the feeling that he will just ignore it and got back on his word. :x Siii. :( I feel like I have been abandead. :( I would still like to finish Third Invid War and right know I am looking for new Destroid designs. I have an updated version of the Exclaiber that I thought up. But I am looking for anything. So who wants to help.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Is there anyone that is interested, that is good at drawing, the next generation Excaliber, that will be based on the Third Invid War tech. I got the basic stats done, but I would love to have a picture to go with it, and I stink at drawing.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Personally I have always envisioned the Destriods from Macross II to be in TIW, then have Basra's Z-4, and the ZEB as the "quick strike/cav mecha."
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Alpha 11
Palladin

Robotech_Master wrote:For what it's worth, it's me, Chris Meadows, the second member of the Third Invid War "triumvirate."

I never wrote anything much more for the site because I kind of fell out of love with the Palladium system. Most of the work I did on TIW, I did back before I fully realized the extent to which the Palladium game--through no fault of its designers--did not properly adapt the TV show. I'm a bit of a TV show purist, like my close friend the ever-controversial Dr. Peter Walker; I even ended up going back through my Misfold story to correct errors I'd made based on using the RPG as source material. (Someday I need to start writing on that again.) When I realized just how much would need to be changed to bring the thing back into line with canon, I started wondering what would be the point.

Since then, I've largely fallen out of Robotech fandom, even as Robotech fandom has largely fallen off the Internet at large due to the eventual collapse of both the Robotech Mailing List and the Cantina given the lack of new source material to discuss. I spend my days largely playing and writing City of Heroes 'fic. I do still hang out with Amy Borden in a private on-line chatroom, though I don't see much of Dave Deitrich anymore except as an occasional AIM buddy-list presence. I gather he's gotten even more of a life than Amy and I have, and is kept busy doing Real Life Stuff now.

For my part, I'd be happy to see someone take up the torch of working on the thing. If anyone needs a personal response from Dave Deitrich to anything specific, I can try to get through to him next time I see him on AIM.

Someday, I need to finish Misfold...have to go back and revise it a lot, probably, due to incorrect assumptions about the mecha and ships that have since been cleared up. Oh well. So much life, so little time.

Hay Chris! I do not know if you remember me, but I am the guy who would e-mail you from time to time about Misfold and you Transforms crossover. Well anyways, I got a big favor to ask you. Could you please ask Dave if he has any info that has not been put on the Third Invid War site, that he would send it to someone(hay, I would do it) who would either put it up so the rest of us could enjoy it, or could put it up and expand and finish it. I have e-mailed him several times, and even wrote him a letter, and have gotten nothing back from him. So, if at all possible, please help. I also hope you get back and finish your stories. I know there are a lot of people on this site who would most likely love your stories.
Alpha 11
Palladin

:D YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! We have contack! :D I will be willing to help anyone out on this. Though do not put me up as the main guy, because I do not think I would do a good job, though I think I could be a half way desent support player. First, though, I would like to get any remainder info on the TIW and finish the site, then if he still has any info on his second part, Guardians, we get that info out as well, lastly, then we can consiter weather or not to change it to the new continuity. And as for questions from me, why did he stop, did he just lose heart? And would he ever consiter coming back to the Robotech RPG world? And please inform him that his work was AWSOME! I still enjoy it to this day!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

TWI was a bit "Rift"y to me... justa little over the top, and way over the top for Robotech.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Alpha 11
Palladin

Colonel Wolfe wrote:TWI was a bit "Rift"y to me... justa little over the top, and way over the top for Robotech.

To Rifty? It was the next generation in mechs and stuff. So of course everything is going to go up. Just as there was a jump for the M-60 Main Battle tank to the M-1 Abrams (and as it will be for the next main battle tank). And if you have not forgotten, everything went up for both sides, so both sides remained fairly even, IMO.
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:TWI was a bit "Rift"y to me... justa little over the top, and way over the top for Robotech.

Hardly so. It just need a revamping of most Veritech images, while the Cyclones & Invid mecha files are good enough.

Not to mention, a change of scenario. While concept of Third Invid War works like a charm, to make it concurrent with RT continuity is to retcon TIW a bit.

The scenario in which Stage 5 Invid / Solugi faction comeback to invade Earth post 3rd RT War can be easily retconned into rogue Invid faction independent of Regess control striking on major human colony known as New Earth because the said colony is a major 2nd Generation FoL agricultural centers & a major protoculture manufacturing centers for humanity colonies through out deep space. As UEEF currently embroiled with Children of The Shadows with protoculture supplies running dangerously low (as mentioned in RTSC), a UEEF taskforce known as RGF (Robotech Guardian Force - from TIW itself) is formed to combat the Invid threat & liberated New Earth & human colonists that being forced to become slave-labourers on FoL farms & its precious protoculture supplies.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Protoculture wrote:

Hardly so. It just need a revamping of most Veritech images, while the Cyclones & Invid mecha files are good enough.

Not to mention, a change of scenario. While concept of Third Invid War works like a charm, to make it concurrent with RT continuity is to retcon TIW a bit.

The scenario in which Stage 5 Invid / Solugi faction comeback to invade Earth post 3rd RT War can be easily retconned into rogue Invid faction independent of Regess control striking on major human colony known as New Earth because the said colony is a major 2nd Generation FoL agricultural centers & a major protoculture manufacturing centers for humanity colonies through out deep space. As UEEF currently embroiled with Children of The Shadows with protoculture supplies running dangerously low (as mentioned in RTSC), a UEEF taskforce known as RGF (Robotech Guardian Force - from TIW itself) is formed to combat the Invid threat & liberated New Earth & human colonists that being forced to become slave-labourers on FoL farms & its precious protoculture supplies.

Hay, I could live with that, and nice ideal.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”