half-dragon char

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Unread post by Judas »

Best official race that covers the half/half is the Dracnoinds from phase world, nightvision, see invi, resistant to fire & cold, natural psychics OR magics plus there vunerabilities are the same as a dragon.

If you don't like them and you want to create the half-breed you could use there stats are a bases fo the design?
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Unread post by Judas »

Misfit KotLD wrote:So we are clear (and Doom can point us to a specific page) CB1 clearly states crossbreeds are not PBooks canon. The only exceptions are humans with ogres, sea titans, and true atlanteans.

Very true, but each to there own :)
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Judas wrote:Very true, but each to there own :)

Let it begin. I hope it gets ugly. :lol:
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

How does a half-dragon come about anyway? Is it anything like what happened in Shrek?

:?
Entiago
Adventurer

Re: half dragons

Unread post by Entiago »

mickshawn wrote:half dragons are caused when a dragon is moph into elf,human,dwarf and breeds.

I don't think it would happen, just watch Mallrats for the answer there
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Umf, guys, stop being tripe to the new guy! He asked a fair enough question.

Yes, Mickshawn. I found this one a few days ago. http://talismanunlimited.tripod.com/palhdragon.htm

We aren't all jerks on here dude!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

No, but saying "Go play D&D" i do consiter rude.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Re: half-dragon char

Unread post by Guest »

mickshawn wrote:has anyone created or run half-dragons.

*holds the 'ugly stick" to mickshawn and.. :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak: * no no no. THE ONLY way to have a 1/2 drgaon, is for it to be a demi-god.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

lather wrote:How does a half-dragon come about anyway?

Lube.

(Oh, and drinking a bottle or three of Jack Daniels doesn't hurt...)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
lather wrote:How does a half-dragon come about anyway?

Lube.

(Oh, and drinking a bottle or three of Jack Daniels doesn't hurt...)

I am glad someone found a cleaner answer than the one I thought of.

And instead of just saying "go play D&D" it could have been pointed out that genetics is a factor in the various races of PB not being able to procreate. otherwise you gould get troll-centaurs and Elf-goblins.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Yes, thank gawd for Kev's dissicion to leave out half-breeds (except on very rare ones). Didn't mean to sound stand offish there but the rules are the rules.

BTW, the site pblackcrow links to in his post is a cool site, I bookmarked myself last year.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Didn't we just have the half-breed convo a few weeks ago? I remember for getting damned for the half-orc I found...
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:Didn't we just have the half-breed convo a few weeks ago? I remember for getting damned for the half-orc I found...

Yeah, and I just recently caught some flak for asking for advice on creating a GM-approved NPC hybrid elemental.

While I can accept that canon states no hybrids, any GM who feels froggy can toss that rule out the window. Therefore it seems like it would be more polite to respond with "If you're looking for a canon answer, it's not possible; however if you're looking at making a house RCC, here's some ideas....."

These games are about having fun and being creative, after all.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Natalya wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:Didn't we just have the half-breed convo a few weeks ago? I remember for getting damned for the half-orc I found...

Yeah, and I just recently caught some flak for asking for advice on creating a GM-approved NPC hybrid elemental.

While I can accept that canon states no hybrids, any GM who feels froggy can toss that rule out the window. Therefore it seems like it would be more polite to respond with "If you're looking for a canon answer, it's not possible; however if you're looking at making a house RCC, here's some ideas....."

These games are about having fun and being creative, after all.

In case you haven't noticed, half-breeds are a sore point with many people.
Personally, I feel that allowing half-breeds (usually) either shows a lack of knowledge of basic biology, or that the designer just wants a reason for making munchy characters that can pass for human (if only in a dark room).

If you want to make half-breeds, my suggestion is that you buy AtB and look up rules for Chimera, and work from there.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

I allow crossbreeds in my campaigns, so long as it's reasonable. Half-dragons aren't so bad (remember: they're *half*, so they aren't as powerful), and half-elves were always my favorite (don't always have to be a stuck-up daisy eater).

And if they keep pointing to the "no half-breeds" rule, then how come they went and created Half-Naga humans from, I think, China 1?

The one thing I always deny my players are half-demons. I tried that once and 2/3rds of my players ended up with parents that went to Hades or Dyval without any pants.
Remember who you wanted to be.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”