drawing power....

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

well, kind of "reserved". You have to wait for the right moment when the "soul" leaves the body and the HPs expire. at that precise moment the PPE is expelled from the body and one only has mere miliseconds to absorb them. I have never had any PCs try it tho, but I did create a staff (adventure specific) that would auto absorb PPE from the creatures it killed. it was the way the staff recharged.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(

Unread post by Guest »

Odd that Psi-Mystics can benefit from blood sacrifice.

though I kind of thought all Mages could do that.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Well, my primary argument that drawing power from death is not for the dark arts only is the 2nd edition Druid. They specialize in arts involving blood sacrifice, and can most certainly be good alignment (I daresay the overwhelming majority are).

Now the blood sacrifice of an unwilling innocent intelligent victim, yes, certainly that is evil (it's murder afterall). But even the priests of Aco are trained in human sacrifice, and sometimes partake of it when aging church members decide to exit life on their own terms by giving themselves to their goddess. There are many precedents for good folk using death to gain P.P.E., it's all about context and willingness.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I think that mages of good alignment can draw from the deaths of people but won't. It's more of a moral issue than a physical limitation.

-Vek
"I'm still around."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: drawing power....

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Jester wrote:It is my opinion that drawing power from death is for the darker arts only. Such as summoning, necromancy etc...

Nah, anybody can do it... it's just that good aligned characters choose not to.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”