So whats missing?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Larsen
Adventurer

So whats missing?

Unread post by Larsen »

For those of us who didn't ever see the 1st ed. I'm just wondering what kind of stuff isn't in the 2nd ed that was in the 1st? Is there any pccs, occs, or rccs missing? If so what ones?

Now I'm not asking for a big long thing about them just more the name of the occ etc. and maybe a short description of what they are. Thanx in advance.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

K read it. So magic, victim rules, and an equipement listing? Is it missing anything else that the 1st ed. had?(I hope not) I can't really comprehend what you meant by narrower than the first ed since I have never even seen the cover of the 1st ed.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

....and so begins the quest to find the 1st ed. of bts.........

Unread post by Guest »

Larsen wrote:....and so begins the quest to find the 1st ed. of bts.........

for $10 or less ideally
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

shortstop4313 wrote:To be honest, it's really quite great, the Victim rules were very unnecessary in the first place, and while missing equipment could be a problem, it's not that big of a deal either.

The Victim rules weren't really necessary, but they were a refreshing RPG alternative to other campaign types were the characters were more beefed up.
The victim guidelines gave us a different perspective about our characters in relation to the setting, and it was fun to play a character less-capable than even low-level characters otherwise would have been.
Equipment would have been nice, especially for occult investigators.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

OK.

250 pages. No Magic, No equipment.

And now there are at least 2 other books that you have to buy just to get the complete book.

Very dissapointing.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”