LOD III

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

LOD III

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

LODIII is still being advertised as being written by Bill Coffin. If it's still by him why isn't it out yet? Didn't he leave almost a year ago?
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Rumour floating around is it was dropped...

If so, there is no reason known, since PB doesn't "air it's laundry" as it were on the boards.

However, we can hope it will come out BEFORE Wolfen Wars... :nh:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Tell me about it...

I bought the first two books of a trilogy, and the authour died before completing the last book... >sob<

Damn, they were good books!
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Well here is the bad news. It not even named on the newest comming soon part of the press realice.

2005 Release Schedule

January, 2005
Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 2nd Edition (New) – $24.95 retail, 256 pages, Cat. No. 700 – an epic new game.
The Rifter® #29 – $9.95 – 96 pages. Cat. No. 129. All kinds of good stuff. January 21, 2005.

February, 2005
Rifts® Merctown (New) – $17.95 – 160 pages. Cat. No. 863. February 11, 2005.
Heroes Unlimited™: Villains Unlimited™ – back in print and revised – $22.95 retail, 224 pages, 16 pages of new material and a new cover, Cat. No. 501. Written by Siembieda and Long. February 23, 2005. New material by Siembieda and Rosenstein.

March, 2005
Rifts® Merc Ops (New) – $17.95 – 160 pages. Cat. No. 865. Tentatively March 10, 2005.
Tome Grotesque™ (New) for Beyond the Supernatural™ – $17.95 or $22.95 – 160-192 pages. Cat. No. 702.

April, 2005
The Rifter® #30 (New) – $9.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 130. All kinds of good stuff. April 7, 2005.
Arcanum™ (New) for Beyond the Supernatural™ – $17.95 or $22.95 – 160-192 pages. Cat. No. 703. Tentatively April or May, 2005.

Other 2005 releases in development
Listed in no particular order.
Rifts® Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp™ (New) – est. $17.95 – 160 pages. Cat. No. 866.
Rifts® China 3: Masters of Magic (New) – $17.95 – 160 pages, Cat. No. 864.
Rifts® World Book: Arzno™ – Vampires & Mercenaries! Probably a Spring release.
Rifts® World Book: Lazlo™ – 160 pages and probably a Summer release.
Chaos Earth™: NEMA™ Mission Book One™ (tentative) – $10.95 – 64 pages. Release date pending.
Chaos Earth™: Psychic Storm™ (tentative) – $10.95 or $13.95 – 96 pages. Release date pending.
Splicers™ Sourcebooks – The first one probably a May release.
Beyond the Supernatural™: Sourcebooks and adventure books of varying size, cost and styles.
Sourcebooks for Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and other lines are also in the works.
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

If you also notice..NO PF books are on that list
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Entiago wrote:If you also notice..NO PF books are on that list

Aye, which should make us like blood-starved vampires by next year, being as there were no new PF releases last year either.

I believe LoD III was mostly written when Bill left, and that it was in revision stages with Kev, where it has sat ever since.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I am not suprised. We are talking about the same company which gave us a map and information on Tolkien in the same book in which the destroyed Tolkien.

On the other hand I really can't blame them. As much as I want them to do PF they will and should focus on the game lines that bring them more money. They are a business after all. They need to pay the bills like everyone else. And to make money and be profitable.

Though I wish they would cancel some game lines that do not seem to be supported in anyway. Like Nightsbane and System Failure. The last thing I want is another WW Wraith debacle. WW did a real lousy job in supporting it and it was not that popular to begin with yet they insisted they were doing a going job with it. It took them almost 10-12 before they finally destroyed Wraith. In that time they did almost nothing with Wraith.

Finally it's not that I don't like NB or SF it just that it's a shame to see their potential wasted.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

memorax wrote: The last thing I want is another WW Wraith debacle. WW did a real lousy job in supporting it and it was not that popular to begin with yet they insisted they were doing a going job with it. It took them almost 10-12 before they finally destroyed Wraith. In that time they did almost nothing with Wraith.

or Palladium with Robotech.... Sure they had to Get HG's okay, but they did the ZB-4 for the Rifter whiel not being able to print a single book after 1998..... and 80% of the Rt line was published pre-1990.

best thing to do for LOD:3 Pre-order it.

LOD:3 the Bleekness Pre-order.

if they got like 1000 preorders they might print it.... the reason they droped TNMT was the fact they only got 300 or so Pre-orders for it, not enough populairty for them to see publishing it.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:best thing to do for LOD:3 Pre-order it.

Yeah, I preordered it about 3 years ago when it was titled LOD3: Northern Mountains. Also that was around the time they said that the LOD series would span several books-due out every 2-3 months. :lol: - its funny cause its true.
- the Book

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Entiago wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:best thing to do for LOD:3 Pre-order it.

Yeah, I preordered it about 3 years ago when it was titled LOD3: Northern Mountains. Also that was around the time they said that the LOD series would span several books-due out every 2-3 months. :lol: - its funny cause its true.

wow.... that is Sad. perhaps you need to use my whiteout methoud on other Palladium books...

Truckin-tur... Wolfen is the newest PFRPG book i made.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Face it folks...

Probability of LoDIII seeing print in the next 2-3 years: <1%

Probability of Wolfen Wars seeing print in the next 2-3 years: 0%

Guess we'll have to live with it! :(
Fnord

Entiago
Adventurer

Re: LOD III

Unread post by Entiago »

Zachary The First wrote:So what was the deal with Randi and the O.K. books?

To my knowledge, she wrote alot of stuff on the Old Kingdom, so much that it had to be cut back to fit into the two books it was ment for. Kev had/has to review the manuscript-it has been 10 years since they advertised its "release" so who knows what happened? I'm still not sure what happened to Coffin.
- the Book

Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

I think it has to do with time-or lack there of. Possibly also (as you suggested) it doesn't fit with his (Kev's) vision. I love his atention to detail for the PF line makes things less complicated, takes longer but easier.
I don't mind waiting for a good book, but I won't mind complaining about it. :-P
- the Book

Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

kamikazzijoe wrote:LODIII is still being advertised as being written by Bill Coffin. If it's still by him why isn't it out yet? Didn't he leave almost a year ago?

Bill left over two and a half years ago. The root writing was done by Bill, but its being completely rewritten by Kevin (from what I know, this may change to another writer).
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Maryann wrote:Bill left over two and a half years ago. The root writing was done by Bill, but its being completely rewritten by Kevin (from what I know, this may change to another writer).

Thanks Maryann. Do you happen to know who the other writer may be? or if the LOD3 will include the evil group that sit up in the citidal known as the 999's (I actually forget their name)?
- the Book

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

memorax wrote:I am not suprised. We are talking about the same company which gave us a map and information on Tolkien in the same book in which the destroyed Tolkien.

On the other hand I really can't blame them. As much as I want them to do PF they will and should focus on the game lines that bring them more money. They are a business after all. They need to pay the bills like everyone else. And to make money and be profitable.

You know Memo, you ought to check your spelling... I thought you were talking about Tolkien the writer, not Tolkeen the city.

What I find funny is that they tell us that PF is Kev's fair haired child... but he'll still turn out medium to mediocre, bug ridden stuff (often written by others, but crappily edited by PB) for other lines, and not deliver us the good stuff he must have for PF... I've already stopped buying all PB stuff that comes out on principle, I may decide to use my RPG money for other, worthy products at last.

And frag it, I bet they are sitting on some quite good NB material, since the whole stuff has always been outsourced to freelancers, why can't they at least review and publish what they've got? The output of PB is ridiculously low compared to the raw stuff they are supposed to be able to tap.

There are times I wish I were a little mouse, or had a crystal ball, and could check if Kev is as busy as they claim he is.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Zachary The First wrote:
Maryann wrote:
kamikazzijoe wrote:LODIII is still being advertised as being written by Bill Coffin. If it's still by him why isn't it out yet? Didn't he leave almost a year ago?

Bill left over two and a half years ago. The root writing was done by Bill, but its being completely rewritten by Kevin (from what I know, this may change to another writer).

Thanks, Maryann....do you know exactly what happened with Old Kingdom? I remember it being advertise din the catalog online as early as 2000...is that a rewrite, too?

The problem with Old Kingdoms was there was way too much of it. It didn't exactly go in a direction that Kevin had planned for Old Kingdom. Randy is a good idea lady and is a pretty good writer, it just needs a lot of cleaning up and redirection.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Maddog
D-Bee

Unread post by Maddog »

Does any one know what has become of Bill Coffin since he left? What's he doing now ? Does he own the rights to his un-published PFRPG material ?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Maddog wrote:Does any one know what has become of Bill Coffin since he left? What's he doing now ? Does he own the rights to his un-published PFRPG material ?

1) I think Bill is writing Fiction again..
2) nope, all his submitted work he did for palladium is their property, and un-submitted work is his, but is basically a Fan-fic.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”