Can I use a Ture Atlanteans on Palladium world?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Can I use a Ture Atlanteans on Palladium world?

Unread post by gaby »

I will like to known if I can use a Ture Atlanteans as a Player character on Palladium world?
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

That one is up to your GM. but technically, I belive you can Hence the 'megaversal RPG'.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Ture Atlanteans, no.
True Atlanteans, maybe. It depends on your GM.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

There is a great deal of evidence that True Atlanteans did at one point live on the Palladium World, especially in the Floenry Islands and Yin-Sloth Jungles. Combining reading RIFTS: Atlantis with High Seas, Island at the Edge of the World, Yin-Sloth Jungles, and a couple others, I personally believe that those Atlanteans on Palladium were turned in to the Grimbor.

Ya know those stone pyramids that Grimbor are always around? The storylines from RIFTS and PF mesh perfectly for those to have been created by Atlanteans who d-ported in when their home continent faded from existence, and who later were changed by the gods. Also it helps account for the first, crushed golden age of humans in the southlands.

All that being said, I don't believe there are any hidden groups of them around or anything, they all were changed or d-ported away. It is entirely up to your GM whether or not you can get away with using one in PF as a roving destroyer of evil, come to Palladium to battle the Tegor vampire intelliegence or something. I personally wouldn't object to it under the right circumstances, provided there is no incorporation of MD in to the plot, and players don't have modern weaponry, and don't try to get out of hand with using future knowledge to 'invent' stuff.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I have a TA Palladin that I haven't had a chance to play yet lol
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Yes, you can play an Atlantean...if your GM allows you. ;)

However, they will quickly become aware that no one has ever seen tattoo magic before, and quite likely receive a visit from someone, an elderly elf, destinguished dwarf, or discerning dragon advising the person to lay-off the tats, lest steps be taken to remove the magics in question (ie: an involuntary permanent mystic energy drain), as knowledge of it's existance is believed to be dangerous.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Borast wrote:Yes, you can play an Atlantean...if your GM allows you. ;)

However, they will quickly become aware that no one has ever seen tattoo magic before, and quite likely receive a visit from someone, an elderly elf, destinguished dwarf, or discerning dragon advising the person to lay-off the tats, lest steps be taken to remove the magics in question (ie: an involuntary permanent mystic energy drain), as knowledge of it's existance is believed to be dangerous.

Well the Danzi have tattoos, and if you bring in the RIFTS stuff on the Chiang-Ku Dragons (I think)-they can create tattoo magic, but I'm not really sure on that one.

But yes, as Borast stated, people will have a concern when they see a new race and will take intrest.
- the Book

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Yes, if your GM lets you. You can even use as many as 4 tattoos. But, I would be careful when and in whos persents I used them.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

ok first yes Tattoo magic has been removed from Palladium world (read D&G the chiang-ku in PF still have the knowledge but chose not to use it) now if you were a to use Tattoo magics on PF for one there is no elf or dwarf that remembers the elf-dwarf war. so it's not likely they even remember the existance of tattoo magic. And while yes some would take an interest in it that could make for some plot hooks as evil mages and what not try and kidnap the character to learn how it works.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

at one time we (my group) had developed rules for True Atlanteans in non-MDc worlds.

for Each tattoo after 6. You get 2x the SDC bonus as the 1-6 Tattoos. and it Gives a AR = to the Number of Tattoos.
beyond that... i dont remember it...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

As a GM, I'd allow it. I would be hesitant to include Tattoo magic at first. Not that I wouldn't allow it at all, I would just want to introduce it very slowly.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Entiago wrote:

Well the Danzi have tattoos, and if you bring in the RIFTS stuff on the Chiang-Ku Dragons (I think)-they can create tattoo magic, but I'm not really sure on that one.

But yes, as Borast stated, people will have a concern when they see a new race and will take intrest.

Yes, but it is not tattoo magic as outlined in RIFTS: Atlantis. Further, they are ceremonial in nature, and also have a permanent cost. Further, it is ONLY available to the Danzi as I recall.

As for the Chiang-Ku, YES they are the creators of Tattoo Magic. However, generally speaking, even evil Chiang-ku will not use tats, even if they have a baker's dozen available. For example, I have a Chiang-ku in a friend's PF campaign, and he uses his tats ONLY when there is no possibility of someone seeing him do it. In the 15-20 sessions he was with the group, he used his tats 2-3 times - each time when he was either alone, or otherwise out of anyone's sight. (He used an arrows tat to damage a demon before killing it, but he was in COMPLETE darkness, and could see the demon, since his "nightvision" exceeded the demon's, and no other sentients were within several hundred feet.)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Borast wrote:
Entiago wrote:

Yes, but it is not tattoo magic as outlined in RIFTS: Atlantis. Further, they are ceremonial in nature, and also have a permanent cost. Further, it is ONLY available to the Danzi as I recall.

As for the Chiang-Ku, YES they are the creators of Tattoo Magic. However, generally speaking, even evil Chiang-ku will not use tats, even if they have a baker's dozen available. For example, I have a Chiang-ku in a friend's PF campaign, and he uses his tats ONLY when there is no possibility of someone seeing him do it. In the 15-20 sessions he was with the group, he used his tats 2-3 times - each time when he was either alone, or otherwise out of anyone's sight. (He used an arrows tat to damage a demon before killing it, but he was in COMPLETE darkness, and could see the demon, since his "nightvision" exceeded the demon's, and no other sentients were within several hundred feet.)

If you note in Eastern Territory page 34 second colum- not arguing just stating. Both Tattoos from RIFTS Atlantis and Danzi tatoos are related and Tattoo magic existed during Time of Thousand Magics.
It is said that the Danzi were taught this magic shortly after the fall of the Old Ones by a serpentine dragon (Chiang-ku dragon) named Xao-Tey-Long.
Also states that while only the Danzi shamen know of the Spirit Tattoos, they may (if the Shamen deems person worthy) bestow a Tattoo upon other races- as an honor thing. Although it should be noted that the risk to other races, especially humans, is risky because of the damage one receives during the inital creation process.
- the Book

Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Personally, I see nothing wrong with a TA being in the game as long as there's no MD stuff.

BTW, nice theory about the grimbor and TA's, J. Lionheart.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Cranus wrote:BTW, nice theory about the grimbor and TA's, J. Lionheart.

Thanks :-) I'm pretty proud of it. It struck me after I acquired RIFTS:Atlantis, having already had the PF books.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Jester wrote:I still don't see the need to bring in Tattoo magic into PFRPG.
Have some ward tattoos put on your character, cast a few spells like Fly as Eagle, Super Human Strength etc.. slip in a permanet ward under the skin or sew it on to the guy and you can have some pretty cool permanent powers without the problems associated with Tattoo magic.

Except that, to my knowledge, there is no wards for Fly as an Eagle or Superhuman strength. A Diabolist's magic is different from a Wizard-although they use P.P.E. the spell arsenal is different. Tattoo Magic (and any magic from whatever setting) is/was a form of magic during Time of a Thousand Magics.
- the Book

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

The Grimbor are a mystery and I am not sure if they practice magic, especially tattoo magic although with all that body hair, who could say.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Jester wrote:
Entiago wrote:
Have some ward tattoos put on your character, cast a few spells like Fly as Eagle, Super Human Strength etc.. slip in a permanet ward under the skin or sew it on to the guy and you can have some pretty cool permanent powers without the problems associated with Tattoo magic.

Except that, to my knowledge, there is no wards for Fly as an Eagle or Superhuman strength. A Diabolist's magic is different from a Wizard-although they use P.P.E. the spell arsenal is different. Tattoo Magic (and any magic from whatever setting) is/was a form of magic during Time of a Thousand Magics.

I am talking about both spells (which I said) and wards placed and cast upon the person.
If they are still in effect when the permanent ward is placed and activated they too will remain in effect permamently too.

Hey I never thought of that before (nor read it until you said about it). That is a sneky idea ......*writes notes for NPC*
- the Book

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I would allow it...BUT...5 points SDC for ever tattoo, more then 6 tattoos I would do the same SDC per every one over 6. But give an AR point for every 2 tattoos over 6.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Jester wrote:
Entiago wrote:
Jester wrote:
Entiago wrote:

I am talking about both spells (which I said) and wards placed and cast upon the person.
If they are still in effect when the permanent ward is placed and activated they too will remain in effect permamently too.

Hey I never thought of that before (nor read it until you said about it). That is a sneky idea ......*writes notes for NPC*

You can come up with some really cool combinations of effects.
Protections from fire, cold, death, undead etc...
See invisible, Knowledge etc...
Plus a few good spells thrown in too.

Fleet Feet...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

I'd keep True Atlanteans as rarities. No more than one in a given player party.

On an aside, as NPC's I would have them functions in the same type of role as the Numenoreans or High Men of Tolkien myth. Similarly, I have the Pantheons of the Megaverse High Elves as a Noble class or breed of regular elves, and ditto for the Dwarves.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

J. Lionheart wrote:There is a great deal of evidence that True Atlanteans did at one point live on the Palladium World, especially in the Floenry Islands and Yin-Sloth Jungles. Combining reading RIFTS: Atlantis with High Seas, Island at the Edge of the World, Yin-Sloth Jungles, and a couple others, I personally believe that those Atlanteans on Palladium were turned in to the Grimbor.

Ya know those stone pyramids that Grimbor are always around? The storylines from RIFTS and PF mesh perfectly for those to have been created by Atlanteans who d-ported in when their home continent faded from existence, and who later were changed by the gods
. Also it helps account for the first, crushed golden age of humans in the southlands.

All that being said, I don't believe there are any hidden groups of them around or anything, they all were changed or d-ported away. It is entirely up to your GM whether or not you can get away with using one in PF as a roving destroyer of evil, come to Palladium to battle the Tegor vampire intelliegence or something. I personally wouldn't object to it under the right circumstances, provided there is no incorporation of MD in to the plot, and players don't have modern weaponry, and don't try to get out of hand with using future knowledge to 'invent' stuff.
Incorrect. True Atlanteans cannot be transformed by ANY means. Not even turned into Vampires. In ALL of Rifts there is no mention of even the Gods being able to change the Physical form of True Atlantens.

MAYBE the Old Ones could do it if they so desired, but of course they ain't around.....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Suicycho
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Suicycho »

Entiago wrote:
Jester wrote:
Entiago wrote:

Back before Rifts ever came out, and nobody ever heard of a Technowizard, my and my players were inventing stuff like that for our campaign all the time. Light switches using globe of daylight and activation wards, elevators using levitate on a platform and an activation ward, flushing toilets using object teleport and an activation ward etc.
Suicycho-the only Sound Off poster to get a thread locked for flaming himself.

"And that's why I call you Cracker you cracker." -Daniel Stoker

"IM perfectly willing to accept whatever Suicycho say's as GOd GIven Truth." -Sir Spirit
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: Can I use a Ture Atlanteans on Palladium world?

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

gaby wrote:I will like to known if I can use a Ture Atlanteans as a Player character on Palladium world?

..You could use a pink tu-tu wearing quarterback from your favorite football team if you wanted...

..AND the GM allowed it...

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”