What Rifts book do you just want to COME OUT!!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which do you want MOST?

Rifts: Mediteranean
2%
Rifts: Lazlo
42%
Rifts: Gaul (France through Portugal)
5%
Rifts: Scandanavia
5%
Rifts: Korea
2%
Rifts: Earthspace
19%
Rifts: East Asia (the Middle East to China)
2%
An update to your favorite Rifts book (Specify)
5%
A sequel to your favorite Rifts book (Specify)
19%

Total votes: 43

Shin Kenshiro

What Rifts book do you just want to COME OUT!!!

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

This could be anything from an original, to a sequel, to merely a reprint with updated info. I've included as many options as I could think of.

Me, I'm just not keen on Lazlo and really don't care when it comes out. I'd just love to see an update to NGR or Japan
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Northern Gun/Manistique Imperium.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

A part of me wants to see books that detail the cities and the separate city-states of the Coalition and not as "adventure sourcebooks."
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Oh yeah, if you haven't guessed, I voted for Lazlo.
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

Mediterranean - Not really, most essentials are covered in NGR Undersea and Atlantis
Lazlo - Yes, Most ddefinitely but I don't want to see them wasted like Tolkeen! The battle with Tolkeen was cool, but Lazlo (and New Lazlo) I think should be around for a while still.
Gaul - as per Mediterranean, everything was covered in NGR (it's supposed to be a forested wasteland inhabited by Gargoyles who are at war with the NGR)
Scandinavia - Yes, I've been waiting for this, even if it's a Viking/Norse Pantheon influenced fortification in the middle of no where, or an NGR outpost
Korea - Only thing here is master Khans (Chiang Ku) and his Tattoo warrior/aka the Hermit Kingdom. I do hope it is covered in Rifts China 3!
Earth Space - Already sufficiently covered in Mutants in Orbit and Rifts South America
East Asia - Currently too much of a Religious hot spot for Palladium to touch, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. I believe there's a nice one on the web some where though!
Updates - I wouldn't mind seeing an NGR/Europe Update, which could add more info on the War with the Gargoyles, info on Scandinavia, Denmark, France (the Gargoyles current situation)
Sequels - How about promised and unfinished sequels! I would love to see Rifts Australia 2, First for the Vehicle Construction stuff, Second for the Aborigines stuff. Undersea 2/Lemura - Really want this one (to the point were I wrote my own and am trying to figure out how to chop it up and submit to the Rifter..?), China 3, Is it really going to come out?
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Australia 2 and Australia 3: Dreamtime.

Already written, edited, and ready for print at the same time that Australia 1 came out, just needs the nod from KS, and (I assume) some of his 'touches' so he can stick his name on it somewhere (like wayyyy over powering the Mokoloi).
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:
Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:Lazlo.

Isn't "Earthspace" already covered fairly well in Mutants in Orbit??

No, it is not covered "well" at all.. It's more of a TMNT/ATB setting with Rifts Conversion notes.
It should be completely re-imagined and re written, expanded and re-worked from the ground up (pun intended).

I couldn't agree more. Really. A completely reimagined re-write from the ground up! What an excellent choice of words! :)

But I voted for Lazlo anyway, because I want to see it first by a smidgen.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

evilgeek wrote:I didn't see Rifts:Ghey in the list... then we could bring all those W.O.D. players into Rifts... and rule over all.. with an iron yet velvety soft fist.

Wouldn't that be: Rifts Conversion Book 3: The Eternal Struggle (or Requiem, or whatever)?
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Well, ever since Book 22: Free Quebec came out, Source Book 4: CS Navy has been nothig more than a paperweight made of paper. I mean, Quebec SUNK the bulk of the CS Navy! So basically its a book about something that doesn't really exist. I'd like to see a new CS Navy book.... Hell, I wouldn't mind writing it either. I even have two really good illustrations of a couple of ships I can use, (and for those of you who saw my Spider Skull Dragon Wasp know I can make some pretty good stuff). :D
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Shadow_otm wrote:or a book about some post-Cataclysm Greek-Roman empire.

I know it may not be exactly what you wanted, but one of the early rifters (maybe even #1, don't have 'em on me right now) detailed a mediterranian group called the New Roman Republic. They were humans and Palladium Wolfen working together. The pics were by Breaux, which were interesting and they were tech-oriented. In fact, they listed some quite interesting body armour, vehicles, and the 'wolfrider' robot is definitely worth mentioning. I play the NRR as canon when dealing with the Gargoyle Empire and the NGR, because it fits in quite well (they don't like the gargoyles a whole lot, but are acceptable to other D-bees, similar in policy to Lazlo). The only bit that I choose to 'edit' is the new sicilian mafia which uses it's connections in chi-town to zoom about in old CS SAMAS.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Considering that would be in an update or sequel to Rifts: England...the poll is not bastardized, as they are both nations on the same island
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Well, I have interesting ideas for what I'd like to see. Even though it's implied that this is just a poll for World Books, I'm interested in other stuff. A new line of Dimension Books would be nice. I mentioned the idea somewhere else. Rifter sized books that contain other dimensional settings. You can easily adapt existing R.C.C.s and O.C.C.s, just change the name. Don't even need to waste space to reprint them; just say this O.C.C. is the same as this other one from a different book. Basically just pure setting info.

Rifts: Antartica could be interesting. A big book of all the collected O.C.C.s might be promising, in the same way the Bionic and Magic books were. I wouldn't even mind if a small book was released with setting updates. Maybe make it a special book for the next grab bag. Just gives updates on the different areas of the world; what's new new, what's changed, what's been going on, etc... Maybe even World Book specific time lines of major events, so you can easily set something a few years in the past.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Lando The Archmagi
D-Bee

Rifts books

Unread post by Lando The Archmagi »

Definitley up for Rifts Lazlo, am playing an elven ley line walker from there...would enjoy hearing about all the great things there. :)
Lando The Archmagi
RPG Tournament Judge/Attendee
Dragon*Con 2010
http://www.dragoncon.org
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Hmm why not like somebody said "work from the ground up". Finish all the damn planet even if it's xx is still a complete wilderness populated by monsters the most common are 123.

Then Rifts Space then more dimension books or hey heres a new one a Rift is an opening in space and time. How about a Time book or they could be called Era Books.

However I'd really like to see a Japan 2 that they were supposedly making.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Gee, can anyone guess what books I'ld like to see published....??

Hmm, I wonder what book(s) they would be...

;P
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

It's probably never going to happen. I would like to see a revised Rifts Core book.
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

Lazlo hands down
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Australia 2 & 3 Dang-nabbit!!!! :badbad:
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I say After Lazlo is made they Must go back to Europe!

They must give info on France,Spain and Italy.

Why is it so hard for them to come up with some thing?
RainOfSteel
Champion

gaby wrote:I say After Lazlo is made they Must go back to Europe!

FRANCE
Controlled by a vast circle of Dark Celtic Druids(TM) who themselves war with the equally dark Gargoyles (who are also at war with the NGR).

SPAIN
Populated by a Fantasy Moorish Empire (early Islam, as opposed to modern Islam) of Scimitar Warriors(TM) and Grand Viziers(TM) who are locked in a conflict with a specific fraction of Splugorth forces (some Kittani armored corp with support units, or a similar organization).

ITALY
Well, either we could do a resurgent Venice, with a great sea navy, or a resurgent Ancient Rome filled with Roman Legionnaire(TM) and Roman Senator(TM) NPCs. Italy would be the crossroads of Europe, with agents from the NGR, Gargoyles, Mindwerks, The Dark Empire (IIRC, the one in Egypt), Atlantis, England, France, Spain, and elsewhere around Europe and the Mediterranean swarming the streets of Rome, Venice, and Milan. Plots of world-reaching scope are hatched here, go through their various gymnastics, and die where they began. Alternately, those heroes from England and elsewhere going to Africa to fight against the Four Horseman could have stopped in Italy on their way, picking up extra support from a few stalwart souls.

Hey! You were right. It isn't hard to come up with stuff. 8-)
RainOfSteel
Champion

LordRashagoth wrote:i picked Scandinavia

mainly because you can do many things low tech high tech low magic high magic pirates raiders rune sword smiths Vindo (manbears) fine modern weaponary viking style robots!

:shock: That is one powerful group of robots . . .
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

RainOfSteel wrote:
gaby wrote:I say After Lazlo is made they Must go back to Europe!

FRANCE
Controlled by a vast circle of Dark Celtic Druids(TM) who themselves war with the equally dark Gargoyles (who are also at war with the NGR).

SPAIN
Populated by a Fantasy Moorish Empire (early Islam, as opposed to modern Islam) of Scimitar Warriors(TM) and Grand Viziers(TM) who are locked in a conflict with a specific fraction of Splugorth forces (some Kittani armored corp with support units, or a similar organization).

ITALY
Well, either we could do a resurgent Venice, with a great sea navy, or a resurgent Ancient Rome filled with Roman Legionnaire(TM) and Roman Senator(TM) NPCs. Italy would be the crossroads of Europe, with agents from the NGR, Gargoyles, Mindwerks, The Dark Empire (IIRC, the one in Egypt), Atlantis, England, France, Spain, and elsewhere around Europe and the Mediterranean swarming the streets of Rome, Venice, and Milan. Plots of world-reaching scope are hatched here, go through their various gymnastics, and die where they began. Alternately, those heroes from England and elsewhere going to Africa to fight against the Four Horseman could have stopped in Italy on their way, picking up extra support from a few stalwart souls.

Hey! You were right. It isn't hard to come up with stuff. 8-)

To bad what you came up with contradicts already existing information that hasn't been fully fleshed out yet.

Read the world overview in Aftermath.

Return to “Rifts®”