I'm guessing everyones already seen this, No?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'm guessing everyones already seen this, No?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

That's where I saw it all though I didn't like IGN's description of the Robotech Story. The Invid are NOT a parasitic race.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Now all they need to do is an SC game.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Zer0 Kay wrote:That's where I saw it all though I didn't like IGN's description of the Robotech Story. The Invid are NOT a parasitic race.

well, that's a thread by itself.
but I will throw in that they are parasitic to the flower of life.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

If you have an Xbox the latest magazine for it came with a demo of Robotech Invasion and looks like it will be a fun game.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:That's where I saw it all though I didn't like IGN's description of the Robotech Story. The Invid are NOT a parasitic race.

as parasitic as we are to cows.

actually I bet their symbiotic to the flower of life they feed off it and pollinate. Like most insects.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

actually I bet their symbiotic to the flower of life they feed off it and pollinate. Like most insects.

I thought polinators polinated the plant.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:

I thought polinators polinated the plant.

are you trying to be punny? I'm just saying the relationship between the invid and the flower of life was likely symbiotic. They were a peacefull race before the Robotech Masters.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Oh those pollinators I completely forgot about them. I'd have to imagine the FOL can live withouth the pollinators though if they have the Invid. They lived with out the pollinators before Zor created them.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Major Fury wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Oh those pollinators I completely forgot about them. I'd have to imagine the FOL can live withouth the pollinators though if they have the Invid. They lived with out the pollinators before Zor created them.

That's because in the case of the Invid they were the pollinators, sort of like how bees are the pollinators of flowers here on Earth.

:frust: Uh duh :thwak: , that's what I said like five posts above yours. My point from the post you pulled the quote from was that someone else, AlexanderDeath, mentioned the FOL needed the Invid and the pollinators. AlexanderDeath also mentioned that Zor created the pollinators. So if the pollinators were created by Zor and the Invid had been living off the FOL before Zor arrived and before he created the pollinators then the FOL needs either the pollinators or the Invid (and it may have just been a mistake to say and instead of or in the previous post) not both. Uh oh :oops: I just reread AlexanderDeath's post it could be read either way. That the FOL needed the Invid or the pollinators (one or the other) or That the FOL would die without either the Invid or the pollinators. (requireing both) I took it as the latter. So he is right but I'm not wrong except in how I understood his post. If I recall the pollinator is just a plot device to explain the little critter that Dana finds. In the real Southern Cross they aren't even on Earth so the critter from the original could simply be that planets version of a bunny or cat.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”