Who's eating what (or whom)?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Who's eating what (or whom)?

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Before the advent of ATB2, I used to go along with the philosophy that mutant animals don't eat meat. Instead, they eat grains, vegetables, fruits, and mutant insects. Now with ATB2 we have the meat potato (is that right, I don't have the book in front of me). Either way, it's an easy moral dilema to fix for those of us who play mutant animals, outside of EoH/New Kennel anyways.

In my campaigns/scenarios I kept EoH in line with the old standard of human living..."beef it's what's for dinner." It can't be that hard for them to maintain a stock of non-mutated cattle & cows. I also let them have non-mutated pack animals, ie horses, mules, and the like.

What are the residents of New Kennel gorging themselves on though? I'd have to believe that they're eating the ground chuck of mutated EoH slaves, or Mutant Animal POWs. It's not like the mutant dog society would care too much about eating intelligent mutant animals, right? To New Kennel, the humans have sole right to Earth and the mutant dogs are "man's best friend". I don't think it would be too hard to keep New Kennel fed, all EoH has to do is keep a fairly steady raiding activity going on in the Free Plains or the Prairie Dog Imperium.

Or would the EoH keep it a secret that they're feeding the citizens of New Kennel the remains of mutant animals? What would New Kennels reaction be to discovering this secret? How would the free mutant animals outside of EoH/NK react to discovering this secret? And what if NK was in on it in the first place?
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Shaved Monkey

Unread post by Shaved Monkey »

Not all animals were mutated and not all mutated animals are intelligent. Check out the alignment section as it provides insight into the alignment's views on cannibalism and eating meat.
Shaved Monkey

Unread post by Shaved Monkey »

specifically AtB2.
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:Darnit. I need that book to complete my TMNT base-book collection now.

You may be disappointed.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Geronimo wrote:ATB is a fantastic setting, and by far one of PB's most well written. I love this book. I allow players to use this to create their own D-Bees for Rifts if they like. It is a great buy.

ATB is my favorite Palladium Setting, and probably my favorite RPG of all time followed by other such Post Apocalypse settings as Twilight:2000 (the original version only), Gamma World (again, I only have the original stuff), and the Car Wars: Chassis & Crossbows setting. I was estatic when ATB2 came out, but after reading through it a few times I felt it could have been done differently, I was a little disappointed with a few things. I use all of the ATB books in conjunction with the new ATB2 book taking what I want from each to form the ATB setting I want.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”