Division's restructured

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Division's restructured

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Division's restructured

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Heard thats a pretty good book by MacGregor, though some of the reviews that I read kinda slam him a bit it seems for being hard on naval and air power, course those doing the hitting are also Navy and Air Force officers, but they all say its a very good, well-written book.

Anyway its a book I still intend to pick up.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Back to the origional article I see the change is giving the brigade more firepower and more mobility to make up for the fact that it will have less grunts.

It's kind of interesting that they are taking the infantry out of the infantry division.

I also find it interesting they are removing large ammounts of engineering equipment. While much of this equipment is designed for building positions, and thus uncool in the age of "mobile warfare" as we've seen in Iraq, the Americans are not immune from being force to take part in positional engagements. The enginering gear is also useful for improving the troops mobility. Reducign the number of howitzers is being done for a similar reason, but is partially (not totally) offset by the increased number of helicopters and direct fire armoured vehicles.

Givent hat the Americans are having problems keeping enough infantrymen in their armed forces, I can see why the need to "mech-up" the division. But I still don't think getting rid of the less mobile stuff like
howitzers and engineering gear helps the division in anyway, except perhaps making sure it still fits on the same number of transport ships.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”