The Spell Create Wood

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Spell Create Wood

Unread post by darthauthor »

The Spell Create Wood

Question #1:
The spell says the wood "CAN" be two foot (0.6 m) long logs or six foot (1.8 m) long, one
foot (0.3 m) wide planks.

It does not state an exact limit on the dimensions.
"Can" the spell caster make larger sheets of wood so they can cut them into a variety of smaller pieces to fit their needs?

The thrilling idea is to use the spell to create the wood to build a boat or a cabin.
Not "just" wood for a camp fire or a stake for vampires.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: The Spell Create Wood

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I would say no, you can't use it to make larger sheets of wood to be cut down. While I agree there is a lack of full dimensions (HxWxL or DxL as case) I think they intend for some "common sense" dimension for the missing aspect (the planks are likely still only a "few" inches thick for example, US wood planks are 1.5").

Another factor to consider is that we know there is a weight limit (100lbs per level). The Density of Wood is also known, meaning one can do some math and work out how many planks/logs it should produce (~3 planks per level assuming a density similar to Cedar or ~5 for Pine with a missing dimension of 1.5", logs will depend on the diameter of the logs and if you choose a different wood for the soft/hard standard).
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

I read something in the spell description:

" The use of this spell has allowed Dweomer City (and others) to use wood in buildings
and various tools/weapons/items without chopping down lots of trees."

This implies to me the spell can create the wood to build a cabin in the woods.
Unless the "and others" spell make all the difference.
And if they do,
Could you tell me (guess) what those spells are that make it so a spell caster could use the wood they create to build a building?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Yes the spell can be used to create the raw materials for a cabin in the woods. Think of it like someone dumping a container full of Lincon Logs on the ground and telling you to make something with them. That is what the spell is doing.

Other spells of use could include Ironwood (MDC wood), Manipulate Objects (or Telekenisis) to assist in building, Levitation (or Fly or Float in Air) to remove the need for a crane, Mystic Fulcrum (not as potent as Superhuman STR, but longer lasting), Mend the Broken (for when workers screwup a cut). Animate & Control Dead: Simple (or other "minon") for extra (temporary?) workers.

"Dweomer City (and others)" I don't take to mean CW and other spells, but rather Dweomer and other communities.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”