Nightbane Cyberspace

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenviscaype
Wanderer

Nightbane Cyberspace

Unread post by Zenviscaype »

I keep wrestling with an idea and even done a little bit of writing about a world that similar to the Dreamstream and Astral Plane but almost exclusively for the new bane pulling from the old ways and creating a new way and plane. I push my game to 2016, with cell phones and Internet and expanded history.

Would players be interested in a Cyberpunk/Shadow Run Chronicles Nightbane style. The world would be interested in a finished idea and if so what points would I need to make mention? I would still have the secret war but I feel that the various governments would become smaller with city states. I would add more Nightlirds and Night Princes. There would be new faction fights and micro battles. Any more ideas?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Nightbane Cyberspace

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Rifter 2 has text that talk about the use of NB talents and Magic to enter "cyberspace'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Zenviscaype
Wanderer

Unread post by Zenviscaype »

I know. I 've read it many times. The tropes I want to see is what happened when the Internet went popular? Did Nightbane society hold up or was there cracks because of the Secret War?
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I would think that the Internet of Nightbane Earth would be both more 'regulated' (thanks to Preserver legislation) and even more 'dark web' than it is in our world. While information sites like Wikipedia & online libraries would be so redacted & edited to be almost useless as sources of information, more risqué pages would crop up, gain notoriety & be taken down in spectacularly-televised raids.
Spook Squad & other Resistance groups would spread facts under the guise of 'truther' pop-ups & anti-Preserver propaganda web pages, & a few of the more enterprising Night Princes could take advantages of the Information Super-Highway to corrupt, recruit & enslave the masses for their own edification, not just for the overall war effort.
Online video chats with celebrity look-alikes (actually Flesh-sculpted human minions or Beautiful People) would be extremely popular, as well as MMO's showing off 'alien invasion' scenarios (with 'bootleg mods' showing the Nightlords' invasion from either side) being in high demand.
The Dark Web of the Internet in our world would pale in comparison to what the Nightlords' & their willing slaves could -- and can -- come up with. One Nightlord is rumored to have commented; "The human imagination is as vast, if not more, than anything we've ever encountered in our millennia of existence. Especially in the ways of cruelty and depravity to their own kind. We must take advantage of it."
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

Just a thought...

Perhaps more people turn to VR in unprecedented numbers to escape the grim reality of their world, only to unwittingly open themselves up to greater likelihood of manipulation, even possession. So-called "Freedom VR" could be a false flag operation by Nightlord agents to entrap otherwise innocent people in thought crime and coerce/blackmail them to do sick and despicable things to their family, friends, and neighbors. Nightbane heroes may have to comb networks helping the innocent escape the clutches of VR police, digital cults, and cyber psychos, only to encounter twisted network nodes that weave magic into the Web to trap 'Net surfers (Little Jimmy noticed that he had faster internet when Mr. Jenkins passed away upstairs, and now he's looking at Whiskers the cat and having strange thoughts...)

Oh, NB cyberspace could be all kinds of evil!

Return to “Nightbane®”