Wampyrs on Rifts Earth

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EliBenedict
Wanderer

Wampyrs on Rifts Earth

Unread post by EliBenedict »

I'm curious if anyone has used the Wampyrs from Nightbane Rifts. They aren't mentioned anywhere in riff's books, and didn't seem to get included in the Rifts conversion book 3.

Seems like one could be an interesting NPC hook for Adventures through vampire kingdoms. Maybe there is an underground railroad ferrying Wampyrs out of vampire kingdoms the safety. Or maybe there's a deranged Wampyrs who sneaks around trying (forlornly?) to proselytize vampires toward independce and freedom.

Nightbane core book suggests one fears may be the result of vampires trying to turn latent nightbane. Which could explain why none are mentioned on Rifts Earth. But the book also says this is just a theory. And its also suggested that Iosef Pendragon is a former vampire who became a wampyr through use of magic ritual. So, who knows?

It could be the increased magical energy of Rifts earth makes it impossible for vampires to break away from the control of their vampire intelligence. But, Rifts World Book 2 specifically mentions a secondary vampire who maintains her independence through use of magic ring.

As far as rules conversions it seems pretty straightforward, it seems like a one pure would add HP and SDC together and convert it to MDC. PS is alread supernatural. Otherwise unchanged.

What do folks think?
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Re: Wampyrs on Rifts Earth

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

EliBenedict wrote:I'm curious if anyone has used the Wampyrs from Nightbane Rifts. They aren't mentioned anywhere in riff's books, and didn't seem to get included in the Rifts conversion book 3.

Seems like one could be an interesting NPC hook for Adventures through vampire kingdoms. Maybe there is an underground railroad ferrying Wampyrs out of vampire kingdoms the safety. Or maybe there's a deranged Wampyrs who sneaks around trying (forlornly?) to proselytize vampires toward independce and freedom.

Nightbane core book suggests one fears may be the result of vampires trying to turn latent nightbane. Which could explain why none are mentioned on Rifts Earth. But the book also says this is just a theory. And its also suggested that Iosef Pendragon is a former vampire who became a wampyr through use of magic ritual. So, who knows?

It could be the increased magical energy of Rifts earth makes it impossible for vampires to break away from the control of their vampire intelligence. But, Rifts World Book 2 specifically mentions a secondary vampire who maintains her independence through use of magic ring.

As far as rules conversions it seems pretty straightforward, it seems like a one pure would add HP and SDC together and convert it to MDC. PS is alread supernatural. Otherwise unchanged.

What do folks think?

My girlfriend plays one; they really don't need any tweaking to work as-is.
In fact, playing Wampyri seems a lot more workable than playing Palladium's actual Vampires.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Plane
D-Bee

Unread post by Plane »

doesn't Dark Conversions suggest there could be Nightbane on Rifts Earth though?

>Rifts World Book 2 specifically mentions a secondary vampire who maintains her independence through use of magic ring

I don't remember that from Atlantis
EliBenedict
Wanderer

Plane wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:46 pm doesn't Dark Conversions suggest there could be Nightbane on Rifts Earth though?

>Rifts World Book 2 specifically mentions a secondary vampire who maintains her independence through use of magic ring

Mistyped. I meant World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms. I remembered that character being in part of Reid's Rangers, but I can't find it now. Maybe I imagined it.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

EliBenedict wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:09 pm
Plane wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:46 pm doesn't Dark Conversions suggest there could be Nightbane on Rifts Earth though?

Mistyped. I meant World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms. I remembered that character being in part of Reid's Rangers, but I can't find it now. Maybe I imagined it.
Smiling_Bandit got it right ... Cihuateto... former vampire hunter from El Paso
EliBenedict
Wanderer

Smiling_Bandit wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:36 pm
A magical guild in Juicer Uprisings mentions a 15th level Nightbane sorcerer (Yolanda) as part of the leadership of The Kingsdale Magickal Guild. Page 108, lower right side and about half way down on page 109.
Rifts World Book 2 specifically mentions a secondary vampire who maintains her independence through use of magic ring
Check out Cihuateto in Conversion Book 2. Page 35 - 36.

Smiling_Bandit - Entirely too amped for just remembering something
That was the one. Magic ring and all. I guess when I read that she was a vampire hunter out of El Paso I assumed that she was with Reid's rangers. And then got it all twisted in my head.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Agrees that the Wampyrs don't need any changes to be used in any other of the current PB games. (Except for ATB & Recon where they just don't fit into the genre and/or char creation.)
But the idea of Wampyrs in other PB games w/Vampires is very do'able. This is because the Wampyr changes are mostly add-on to an existing char, or just adding it 'on top' of the normal char creation.

The idea that 'every new race/monster/etc... from the other PB games has to be MDC in Rifts' just makes Rifts banal to play.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”