Fallen Cosmo-Knights

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Fallen Cosmo-Knights

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Does anyone know what XP table they are supposed to use? I use the Phase Mystic table, but the book doesn't say.
I'm assuming that since their MDC is halved, so is the level at which it's gained after the Fall... so 2d6 per level.
I'm assuming that if they choose the magic route (makes sense, considering that high level of PPE) they gain PPE like the Line Walker; if they choose to go psychic, they gain the Mind Melter amount per level.
The life-span isn't described, so... 1d6x1000 years? Maybe longer?
It's one of my favorite OCCs for a middle-power campaign, but needed a little more fleshing out.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
SpiritInterface
Hero

Re: Fallen Cosmo-Knights

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Fenris2020 wrote:Does anyone know what XP table they are supposed to use? I use the Phase Mystic table, but the book doesn't say.
I'm assuming that since their MDC is halved, so is the level at which it's gained after the Fall... so 2d6 per level.
I'm assuming that if they choose the magic route (makes sense, considering that high level of PPE) they gain PPE like the Line Walker; if they choose to go psychic, they gain the Mind Melter amount per level.
The life-span isn't described, so... 1d6x1000 years? Maybe longer?
It's one of my favorite OCCs for a middle-power campaign, but needed a little more fleshing out.

Fallen Cosmo Knights use the XP table of the OCC that they choose to replace the CK OCC. The life span would be that of their original race.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

SpiritInterface wrote:Fallen Cosmo Knights use the XP table of the OCC that they choose to replace the CK OCC. ...

Yep, this I would agree with the above as a conclusion about how the presented rules would work. Because... If the powers that make up the core of the RCC or PCC the char had, were stripped from the char, then they'd change to a new class. Starting at Level one in that class.

... The life span would be that of their original race.

There is nothing in the text that says this. So it should of been presented as an opinion. Which would of just taken three words in most phrasing "I would think..." "In my mind...." "My opinion is..." "Opinion: ..."
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Indeed, the discription of Cosmos Knights says that those who don't commit suicide after realizing they've fallen "have to figure out what to do with the rest of their lives (And fallen knights have very long life spans)". This implys the opposite and suggests that a fallen knights lifespan is extended, though to what degree is unclear. after all if they're not extended, why clarify they have very long life spans with which to figure out what to do? If the life span is normal for the species the comment is unnecessary, as one would not discribe an average life span as very long--it'd be an average lifespan by definition.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Indeed, the discription of Cosmos Knights says that those who don't commit suicide after realizing they've fallen "have to figure out what to do with the rest of their lives (And fallen knights have very long life spans)". This implys the opposite and suggests that a fallen knights lifespan is extended, though to what degree is unclear. after all if they're not extended, why clarify they have very long life spans with which to figure out what to do? If the life span is normal for the species the comment is unnecessary, as one would not discribe an average life span as very long--it'd be an average lifespan by definition.

Right, even the all-too-small blurb about the Omegan Order in I think the Anvil Galaxy book, the life-span is only hinted at being centuries.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Now I need to review my Anvil book for that.

It'd be nice if we had stat-based aging rules, like maybe getting a higher PE or supernatural endurance or MDC helps you pass aging decline rolls.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Axelmania wrote:snip...
It'd be nice if we had stat-based aging rules, like maybe getting a higher PE or supernatural endurance or MDC helps you pass aging decline rolls.

They are in the PF RPG 2nd ed game's core book.Pages 33 and 34. How the GM uses these rules from another PB game are up to the GM of individual games.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Axelmania
Knight

Forgot about that, a nice starting point. Reductions to PS/PP/PE stop when they reach HALF though, so it can't be used as a mechanic for determining when death happens. Was hoping something similar to how GURPS lets HT go down indefinitely from aging and death occurs at HT 0.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

There is also an Official Q&A article in R19 page 22-23 about aging.
Axelmania
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There is also an Official Q&A article in R19 page 22-23 about aging.

It's fun to review that, page 21 for example mentions how Rasheen "has gone off to Africa and has never been seen again"...

This caused me to review pg 66-67 of WB31 (Triax 2) which had this interesting bit:
He sympathized with the Coalition States, and saw their people as noble and strong, only misguided and brainwashed by their misogynist leadership.

That's an interesting thing to me, because while I know the CS gets called "racist" and "xenophobic" and the like, I can't recall misogyny being brought to the table until now.

The period in which Rasheen sympathized with them happened somewhere between 35 PA (ten years after the the NGR/Amsterdam alliance when he left Europe to go to NA) and 70 PA (when Rasheen hears of the Gargoyle Retribution of 38 PA)

The CS was only just formed in 33 PA, and Joseph was killed in 70PA (Karl wasn't elected chairman until 71PA) so the CS which Rasheen had positive feelings about was pre-Karl...

So it's interesting to note that Joseph 1's CS was considered misogynistic, while there's no description I've seen about Karl's CS being considered misogynistic...

Maybe Karl's dad was disrespectful towards women and Karl is much more respective of them?

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”