Wampyr in Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlanGunhouse
Champion

Wampyr in Rifts

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Does anyone know if there is a conversion for Wampyr in Rifts? If so, where can it be found?
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Wampyr in Rifts

Unread post by say652 »

The C word gets topic locked and warning issued.

What I think you mean to say is, is there something like a Half Vampire in Rifts?

Answer yes, Psi Stalkers.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

say652 wrote:The C word gets topic locked and warning issued.

What I think you mean to say is, is there something like a Half Vampire in Rifts?

No, Wampyrs is a nightbane RCC.

And the Rifts conversion notes are on Between the Shadows page 142.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
AlanGunhouse
Champion

say 652: I think the "c word" only gets a conversation locked if it is not from another Palladium product.

Thank you Nekira.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Wampyrs are a RCC in the Nightbane setting.
Not a Nightbane RCC.

*throws a snowball at say* sorry but those rules are for extra-megaversial stuff.

There is no Wampyr conversion in the RDC so the NB:BTS conversion notes stand as canon for Wampyrs.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Wampyrs are a RCC in the Nightbane setting.
Not a Nightbane RCC.

*throws a snowball at say* sorry but those rules are for extra-megaversial stuff.

There is no Wampyr conversion in the RDC so the NB:BTS conversion notes stand as canon for Wampyrs.

They're a Nightbane RCC in the same sense that the Swordfist is a Rifts RCC. Nightbane (Setting), RCC (ractial character class)

Not that it's a Nightbane RCC for the nightbane RCC, that's nonsensical. I think the context was clear enough to convey the proper meaning.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
AlanGunhouse
Champion

But there is such a thing as a Nightbane RCC for the Nightbane Setting, so it does need to be specified.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Wampyrs are a RCC in the Nightbane setting.
Not a Nightbane RCC.

Does this mean I can't call the Psi-Healer a Palladium Fantasy OCC or the Healer a Palladium OCC?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

AlanGunhouse wrote:But there is such a thing as a Nightbane RCC for the Nightbane Setting, so it does need to be specified.

No one was actually confused, so evidence suggests it is safe to not ;)

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Axelmania wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Wampyrs are a RCC in the Nightbane setting.
Not a Nightbane RCC.

Does this mean I can't call the Psi-Healer a Palladium Fantasy OCC or the Healer a Palladium OCC?

Sure? I do

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

*throws snowballs at yo'all for making a mountain out of a mole hill* :P

While it might of been "understood" by those 'in the know',
..but the correction was for those people that don't know.
Like those who only have Rifts books.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

The conversion notes don't say whether Wampyr are just mdc or take half damage too.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Nox Equites wrote:The conversion notes don't say whether Wampyr are just mdc or take half damage too.

Yes they do

"Guardians and Wampyres are also supernatural beings with MDC points equivlent to their S.D.C. and hit points combined."

Their taking half damage is a feature of the class, it's not altered, therefore they also continue to take half damage. conversion notes in BtS only say what changed, anything not changed there remains the same. so the half damage continues to apply.
Last edited by Nekira Sudacne on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axelmania
Knight

It's clear enough for them, the real problem is whether or not Facade is MDC since Carella/Dark can't agree on it.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Axelmania wrote:It's clear enough for them, the real problem is whether or not Facade is MDC since Carella/Dark can't agree on it.

The RDC is clear in that it states that NB are only MDC in their morphus. Read the Whole Section on MDC for NB in the RDC.
Axelmania
Knight

I misremembered. NB 203 says nightbane HP+SDC becomes MDC without distingishng Morpheus or facade. Between 142 clarifies remaining SDC in facade.

142 also mentions MDC for guardians and wampyrs.

I had made a note that Ritter 20 page 19 contradicts that it an FAQ saying Wampyrs remain SDC.

Return to “Rifts®”