Godling Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Brodwing
D-Bee

Godling Question

Unread post by Brodwing »

Greetings I have come with another question from beyond the Megaverse. To ask the Alien Intelligences here another question, like I have done a few time in the past.

Godling Natural Ability option 10. Magic Powers: The character has all the abilities of a practitioner of magic. Pick one: Ley Line Walker, Shifter, Mystic, or Warlock (or Necromancer if evil). The spells available: All magic spells of the same level as the characters experience; i.e a first level character knows all first level spells, a second level character knows all first and second. This power can be taken twice to get two different types of magical powers.

Now here's my question. Say I choose the shifter category. Since I get all the classes abilities does that include Initial Spell Knowledge for a first level Shifters normal spells, or do I only get the the 1st level spells at level one, and know initial spell knowledge. Just curious since me and buddy of mine are wondering about this.

Thank you all for your time and help.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Godling Question

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

At first level, you know every level 1 Invocation. At second level, every level 2 Invocation, and so on.

Back in the old days when Shifters gained spells at a slow and linear pace, this was seen as a relative advantage, but now that Shifters (not to mention Ley Line Walkers) can gain certain categories of spells at any experience level, regardless of spell-level, it is really a significant limitation (although this could also be argued to be a valid tradeoff for gaining the abilities of another class without actually belonging to that class).

This is also why the power doesn't work with Temporal Wizards -- you wouldn't actually gain any Temporal Magic spells until you reached seventh level.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Normally, I would make a GL or DG char; from RCB2; with power #10, with the initial spell knowledge is a part of the class abilities.

This is because most classes start off (initial spell knowledge) with many spells that are greater then L1 that are integral to the class.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Brodwing wrote:Greetings I have come with another question from beyond the Megaverse. To ask the Alien Intelligences here another question, like I have done a few time in the past.

Godling Natural Ability option 10. Magic Powers: The character has all the abilities of a practitioner of magic. Pick one: Ley Line Walker, Shifter, Mystic, or Warlock (or Necromancer if evil). The spells available: All magic spells of the same level as the characters experience; i.e a first level character knows all first level spells, a second level character knows all first and second. This power can be taken twice to get two different types of magical powers.

Now here's my question. Say I choose the shifter category. Since I get all the classes abilities does that include Initial Spell Knowledge for a first level Shifters normal spells, or do I only get the the 1st level spells at level one, and know initial spell knowledge. Just curious since me and buddy of mine are wondering about this.

Thank you all for your time and help.

Actually, the way it's written you get the best of both worlds. it says you get all the abilities of the Shifter. Ability 1 is the starting spell list, and ability 2 is the spell per level. By natural construct of it, you get both. you then also--as an unrelated bonus, learn all spells equal to your character level in addition.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Indeed, initial spell knowledge counts as a class ability. The godling and demigod are both entitled to them.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “Rifts®”