Weapons Merge money-making idea

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Weapons Merge money-making idea

Unread post by Tor »

Since the major in PU allows you to spend HP to reload the weapon, couldn't you do this, then empty the weapon and sell the ammunition?

If you had a fast-healing ability then you could probably make a lot of income in the arms trade.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Weapons Merge money-making idea

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

If you're talking about Weapon Melding (PU1, p. 86), it is not entirely clear whether the reloading/recharging effect is permanent, or only lasts as long the power is active (10 or 20 minutes per level), but since there's no mention of bullets disintegrating after firing, or similar evidence that the wielder's "bio-energy" dissipates from the weapon when no longer melded, I would assume that the effect is supposed to be permanent.

However, if you just want to make money selling your "unlimited" ammo, you might consider using the minor power of Gun Limb, which allows you to create a certain amount of ammunition for free each melee round based on your experience level, and only costs H.P. once this initial amount is depleted. Granted, there is no indication that ammunition can be removed from the altered limb, but there is no indication that it can't, either.

Actually, thinking about it further, taking both powers (plus either Regeneration Ultima, Super-Regeneration, or Zombie Flesh) would give the best results. A character with this combination would be able to make tons of conventional ammunition for free, saving H.P. for E-clips, grenades, and similar high-value reloads.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Forgot about Gun Limb. It is pretty cool, I think I ignored it because it has its own range so can't benefit from the 4000ft range superior rifles enjoy.

Only thing is I'm not sure if the ammunition it makes is usable in other guns. It is a 'projectile' firing weapon which are "bullet-like". These shots are 'rifle caliber rounds' or 'pistol rounds' but the "like" from before still makes me wonder if the rounds are bullets or merely non-bullet rounds/projectiles also measured with caliber.

Of course under 'payload' it does blatently say 'bullets' so it's kinda inconsistent...

Since it merely resembles a gun rather than being an exact copy that's a window for a GM to say something like "oh but there's no way to access the bullets, it's closed" whereas with Weapon Melding (thanks for fix) you separate from the gun afterward so there's no such leverage.

If Gun Limb was allowed to work this way, could you select it 4 times, 1 per limb, to quadruple your income from free rounds?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Nonono. I think TD was saying that you take Gun Limb and you take Weapon Melding. Meld, make free ammo for your new "gun limb," deMeld, remove free ammo.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

If you want to use a super power to make money, pick up Metal Manipulation. It's a potent power, and a the ability to blend metals and refit scrap. We're talking about tens of thousands of dollars in a few hours.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”