Scopes

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dakchronos
Wanderer

Scopes

Unread post by Dakchronos »

Where may I be directed to something like a Sniper Scope? Bonuses? Range? Ideas?
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: Scopes

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Honestly, if you aren't looking for some kind of "Super-Technology" then I would just search the internet. Plenty of real-world weapon sights, along with comprehensive reviews and statistics. If you need a combat bonus for what you find, I believe that some of the Palladium books offer a +1 or +2 to Strike with different kinds of scopes, though none of the ones I found in the main Heroes Unlimited 2nd Book.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The only "super-tech" scopes that I know of are in Aliens Unlimited in the "special equipment" section, and in Rifts Japan's equipment <the one that can see Supernatural auras/energies.>
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

The internet is your best bet for the basics. I have found scope types that include thermal, nightvision, recording, assisted aim, etc all over the place. As for bonuses, that is up to the GM, but I have never liked Palladium's take on exactly what a bonus consists of.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Dakchronos wrote:Where may I be directed to something like a Sniper Scope? Bonuses? Range? Ideas?

realistically scopes are simple in concept, they give you a clearer, magnified view of something "down range" weather they are a x1 power (very weak) up to say x50 power (or whatever max power is selected) Obviously an excessive power magnification may be more trouble than its worth... if your scope gives you a ~1 inch margin of accuracy at 1000ft and your weapon had say a 2ft margin of accuracy at 1000ft your results will not be very good.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

What I have done with scopes as far as game mechanics is concerned is take their "magnification multiplier and divide the distance by said modifier -- this reduces the range penalties for distance shooting...

Scope with x8 magnification? Target is 2,000' away? -- Now it's 250' effectively... whether or not the weapon in use has the actual range to hit something that is physically 2,000' away is a different story.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

NMI wrote:What I have done with scopes as far as game mechanics is concerned is take their "magnification multiplier and divide the distance by said modifier -- this reduces the range penalties for distance shooting...

Scope with x8 magnification? Target is 2,000' away? -- Now it's 250' effectively... whether or not the weapon in use has the actual range to hit something that is physically 2,000' away is a different story.

Oooh, I like that a lot! Consider that stolen, sir!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”