Where can I find Northern Gun Armor?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SkyeFyre
Hero

Where can I find Northern Gun Armor?

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Not robots, not power armor, just normal body armor?

I've recently started getting back into tabletop gaming (Oh heck, I might as well just say Palladium gaming as that's all I play), and so I picked up this year's Christmas Grab Bag. Well Santa Kev gave me a copy of Northern Gun 1 and while I'm loving it, there are parts in the book where it refers to NG armor. Is it even in the book? Something for NG2? or is this a case of Palladium putting the information in some other random book?

I assume power armors are being saved for the next book, but I would think standard body armor that's in equipment lists would be printed somewhere.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Slight001
Hero

Re: Where can I find Northern Gun Armor?

Unread post by Slight001 »

NG2 has body armor galore...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Blastaar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Home of the Xiticix...
Hudsons Wheigh is located near my actual home of Gillam and not Gitlam

Unread post by Blastaar »

I agree with slight001.
NG2 has a plethora(spelling) of mdc body armors (some just re written from previous books) but some new ones and updated classics
Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifts New West and Merc Ops (and maybe Mercenaries and Juicer Uprising IIRC) all have Northern Gun specific body/power armor, and IINM the "generic" suits from RMB/RUE are also produced by NG.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

ShadowLogan wrote:Rifts New West and Merc Ops (and maybe Mercenaries and Juicer Uprising IIRC) all have Northern Gun specific body/power armor, and IINM the "generic" suits from RMB/RUE are also produced by NG.

to clarify: the generic suits are produced by NG only, or the generic suits are produced by NG and other manufacturers with each company having only minor differences in design?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Shark_Force wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:Rifts New West and Merc Ops (and maybe Mercenaries and Juicer Uprising IIRC) all have Northern Gun specific body/power armor, and IINM the "generic" suits from RMB/RUE are also produced by NG.

to clarify: the generic suits are produced by NG only, or the generic suits are produced by NG and other manufacturers with each company having only minor differences in design?

The generic suits are produced by NG and other manufacturers like the Black Market. How different each manufacturer does say Plastic Man Armor beyond game stats is of course up to the GM.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

It is in a few locations but the best place is NG2 as it has the full compliation of all the previous NG body armors and a few new additions as well as their armored clothing lines.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

The GMG is also a good list of a lot of old gear.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”