International Shipping

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Re: International Shipping

Unread post by McPherson »

I have chased this up via the Kickstarter and got a reply from Jeff that he is chasing it up with Wayne to get a update posted.

I'm guessing with all the work they have with the buildup to Gencon that it wont be until after then we will get a solid answer though.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Actually, according to the past murmurs, they have been meeting with reps from the various shipping companies - Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, Pittney Bowes, etc... updating/upgrading their shipping systems, etc..

I assume what international services they will be using will be depend also on where you are, what country they will be delivering to, etc... So if you could provide me that, I can then go and ask Kevin directly
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

FedEx ground international is a crapshoot (in terms of getting dinged at the border), and a little google'ing regarding Pittney Bowes is not inspiring confidence (reports of them messing with packaging to lighten loads almost imperceptibly, damaged merchandise, etc).

That said, the KS FAQ very clearly notes work to prevent VAT charges or other extra fees being incurred by international backers, so I guess we'll just have to hope that remains true when the boxes start hitting the mail in the next few weeks.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thats fine Khelthros you don't have to pick out the air, I am a UK backer and would very much like to know if I have to start putting up to 20% of the value of my backer value aside to pay for VAT plus any other miscellaneous import dues.

I don't need to know the name of a UK distributor (odds are from what I remember it'd be Estevium if anyone) just a concrete assurance that I am not going to get stung for more money before I can get what I was assured wouldn't cost me additional funds.

Thanking you in advance NMI if you are passing this information forward to the boys upstairs.

- End of Line -
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Khelthros wrote:
NMI wrote:Actually, according to the past murmurs, they have been meeting with reps from the various shipping companies - Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, Pittney Bowes, etc... updating/upgrading their shipping systems, etc..

I assume what international services they will be using will be depend also on where you are, what country they will be delivering to, etc... So if you could provide me that, I can then go and ask Kevin directly

Mainly, I'd like to know who the distributor to avoid VAT in Europe would be. However, since you said specify, then... England/UK. (Just picked one out of the air)
Thank you. Even if you are pulling a country out of thin air as opposed to asking about shipping to say, Georgia... England is a good enough start for me to send this question along to Kevin and Crew.

Khelthros wrote:
NMI wrote:Actually, according to the past murmurs, they have been meeting with reps from the various shipping companies - Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, Pittney Bowes, etc... updating/upgrading their shipping systems, etc..

Mainly, I'd like to know who the distributor to avoid VAT in Europe would be. However, since you said specify, then... England/UK. (Just picked one out of the air)

You are most certainly welcome.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

Hey, guys.

I know we talked about this way back when the Kickstarter was still running, but I'm going to answer it again in today's Update.

tl;dr we made arrangements with someone with a UK warehouse, so we'll ship pallets of packages to them, they'll break them down and ship to the EU backers. Should avoid VAT for you guys that way, or so we've been told.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the heads up.

While there's plenty of questions outstanding, two rather pertinent ones that come to mind are;

1) Has Container 1 arrived on schedule?

2) Given the time frame to cross the ocean, and the target for further materials to arrive at the warehouse, has Container 2 begun its trek across the ocean yet?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Rick S. wrote:
Wayne Smith wrote:Hey, guys.

I know we talked about this way back when the Kickstarter was still running, but I'm going to answer it again in today's Update.

tl;dr we made arrangements with someone with a UK warehouse, so we'll ship pallets of packages to them, they'll break them down and ship to the EU backers. Should avoid VAT for you guys that way, or so we've been told.

actually you were lied to Wayne VAT is charged on any sale made within the European Union, whether its shipped from another country outside of it, or shipped within a country inside of it.

All you may end up doing shipping it to a warehouse in the union is pay double VAT :P (not sure about that one)

Partially correct, partially wrong...

Your Europe wrote:Selling to Consumers

If you sell goods and send them to consumers in another EU country, you need to register there and charge VAT at the rate applicable in that country - unless the total value of your sales to that country in the year falls below the limit set by the country (€35,000 or 100,000).

So it possible that this warehouse in the UK, could end up NOT charging for VAT. Though, if they ship within the UK itself, I doubt they have to charge VAT for shipping product within their own territory/country.

Not to mention, the warehouse that is distributing Tactics for Palladium in the UK and abroad isn't actually selling the items -- well at least not those items going to backers, they are merely another link in the delivery chain. Since it is just a distribution point and not reselling, it's not a "seller" or a "buyer".... would there be a VAT charge in either case?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Probably Palladium since they're the ones selling to people within the EU
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador

If they are shipping to a UK redistributor then either the redistributor or Palladium will be paying.

Odds are if its going to be Palladiums main reseller once the game hits market that they will have made some sort of deal to either split the initial VAT fees or Palladium will be footing the bill.

- End of Line -

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”