Mortificant in Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eashamahel
Hero

Re: Mortificant in Rifts

Unread post by Eashamahel »

Likely if something is 'magical' in nature, or 'supernatural', it's an MDC in RIFTS.

Otherwise, if it's Undead, you might want to make it similar to the Zombie, but again, MDC is probably easier.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Welcome Aforgomon. What Eashamahel said makes most sense. In reality if you are the GM and it is unspecified you can make it any kind of undead you want.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Moved topic.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Aforgomon wrote:Mortificant (an official class from Rifter #50)

Dang you're right.

Are Rifters tending to include more official stuff recently? Has Palladium realized that content more likely to sell if classified as canon?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Or they're SDC and have some immunities like Murder Wraiths so MD weapons can only do SD to them.
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Eashamahel wrote:Likely if something is 'magical' in nature, or 'supernatural', it's an MDC in RIFTS.
Except y'know, with animated dead, mummies, or zombies, the closest things in question.

Eashamahel wrote:if it's Undead, you might want to make it similar to the Zombie, but again, MDC is probably easier.

Easier for who, the PC or the GM? :)

I don't see the trouble with SDC, they could be outfitted with MDC equipment if necessary.

It's not like the player stands to lose anything major if these things die, like with Cybermages the HP/PPE is just a temporary investment.

I'd worry more about the survival rates of things with permanent costs like golems. For that reason I don't hate the MDC boost they got in BoM/RUE compared to RMB.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”